Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old June 26th, 2016, 11:51 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: Movies: What did You Watch Last Night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Watched Finding Dory with the family yesterday and Hateful 8 last night.

Dory was better. Hateful 8 was OK at best.
I really liked Hateful 8. I probably wouldn't ever watch it again, but kept me enthralled the whole time. Cool story, interesting mystery.
Old June 27th, 2016, 11:02 AM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart

Star Trek: First Contact and Insurrection.
Old July 4th, 2016, 09:41 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Watched Insidious 1 and 2 because my daughters wanted to see them. They were ok, though the acting was crap. The premise was interesting though.

Yesterday we went to see Finding Dory and really enjoyed it. Everyone loved Hank and cute little Dory. Neat way to show that disabilities don't mean you can't do things or that you're not special.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 4th, 2016, 12:37 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
Finally, finally, finally watched Jurrasic World last night.

Why oh why oh why did I watch Jurrassic World last night.

The most soulless, cardboard character, cgi fest I've sat through. Ever.

I also lost my faith in the intelligence of the average movie goer. And I promised myself to turn my brain off and just enjoy it for what it was, a popcorn monster movie. That didn't even help. Ug.
I remember when I first read the novel Jurassic Park about 25 years ago. It was an inspired topic and a great read (as were many Chrichton books, although my favorite was The Great Train Robbery). The movie dumbed down the book, and each sequel got worse. Jurassic World can be enjoyed as a mindless action movie, but you don't want to think about what is going on too much.
Old July 8th, 2016, 12:47 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
Finally, finally, finally watched Jurrasic World last night.

Why oh why oh why did I watch Jurrassic World last night.

The most soulless, cardboard character, cgi fest I've sat through. Ever.

I also lost my faith in the intelligence of the average movie goer. And I promised myself to turn my brain off and just enjoy it for what it was, a popcorn monster movie. That didn't even help. Ug.
I remember when I first read the novel Jurassic Park about 25 years ago. It was an inspired topic and a great read (as were many Chrichton books, although my favorite was The Great Train Robbery). The movie dumbed down the book, and each sequel got worse. Jurassic World can be enjoyed as a mindless action movie, but you don't want to think about what is going on too much.
I too read Jurrassic Park when it first came out. I recall thinking, this is just a redo of his WestWorld book. With dinosaurs.
Old July 9th, 2016, 03:22 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I watched Terminator Genysis last night on Amazon Instant Video. Was kind of like most of the other terminator movies. Then I started to watch the original terminator but couldn't, do to the spoiled nature of me and good graphics of the now.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 9th, 2016, 03:35 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

My wife and I watched The Giver last night. While I don't remember the book perfectly, the movie seemed to capture the spirit of the book very well. That particular story seems to me to be more about the idea it communicates than it is about any particular plot point, so I can't say that I care about inaccuracies compared to the book.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 16th, 2016, 07:43 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Watched Full Metal Jacket last night on Netflix. Has been a long time since seeing it last. Really good flick.

Old July 16th, 2016, 09:31 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Have you ever seen The Blood of Heroes(aka Salute of the Jugger)(1989) Hahma?

It stars Rutger Hauer and Joan Chen as well as Vincent D'Onofrio. You can see just a little Private Pile in his Young Gar character.

I would also recommend The Whole Wide World(1996) where Vincent plays Robert E. Howard and as his girlfriend(who wrote the novel the movie is based on).

Great actor.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 16th, 2016, 10:06 AM
Prickly Cactus

Thanks for the info on that Tornado, I'll have to check those out.

Old July 16th, 2016, 10:32 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Blood of Heroes is a bit of an odd one.

The characters play a game sort of like football with weapons except the football is a dog skull and the end zones are wooden stakes.
Being a teenager when I saw it, it was and still is one of my all time favorites.

If you like it try to seek out the original uncut version of Salute of the Jugger. It has the complete ending which was cut short for the American version. There are a few other cut scenes but nothing major besides the ending which feels a bit abrupt.

They actually play the game is some parts of the world(not as violent though) and I believe there is even a 'Scaper that plays.

Whole Wide World is great for an REH or Vincent fan and is very family friendly.
To see Vincent as Howard composing his works was really cool and much like what I imagined when reading bios/history about REH.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 16th, 2016, 11:55 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

We picked up The Peanuts Movie from Redbox last night for our youngest's birthday. She ended up not really watching it, but everyone else slowly gravitated toward the TV. We really enjoyed It. It was funny, smart and sweet. There were a lot of in jokes for all the parents and people familiar with the old ones, and all the characters were true to their originals. It is easily the best Charlie Brown movie I've seen. We are going to end up buying it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies