Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Cartographers
C3G2.0 Cartographers This is the forum where we Discuss, Create, and Display all our Maps.

Old April 19th, 2024, 09:38 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: Endor Map - Vote for Public Playtesting

Yea

Would there be a way to easily remove 2 of the single-base trees so this could be built with 2 RttFF? Not a huge issue as the trees can be 3D printed now, but if it’s a simple fix, that would help cut down on terrain requirements.
Old April 19th, 2024, 11:19 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Yea

Would there be a way to easily remove 2 of the single-base trees so this could be built with 2 RttFF? Not a huge issue as the trees can be 3D printed now, but if it’s a simple fix, that would help cut down on terrain requirements.
great points.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 19th, 2024, 02:51 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Yea

great points.
So I did that on purpose. The map uses just 1 full set of RttFF worth of material and then 6 more extra trees. With use being a little more agnostic with parts, sets, 3d printing and proxies I thought that it didn't matter so much. You can use any single spaced large tree. 3D printing is a more common option and hobby stores sell tons of cheap tree options. This is a set of 12 trees for $8 and would work fine on this map:

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Ho...fcd4acf98268d9

My original design had 2 sets of RttFF but I didn't use any of the extra road pieces, so instead of a 2nd Great Tree I just grabbed extra trees so you didn't need another Road set. The extra trees was the cheaper option.

That being said I can look at dropping 2 trees from the map if that's what people prefer. I could replace with castle pieces?
Old April 20th, 2024, 08:28 AM

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

@Arch-vile and @japes

I replaced 2 trees with 2 castle walls. See the red circles in the picture. Let me know if that works for you.

I updated the TTS link and will update the PDF as soon as you guys let me know that you are good.

Old April 20th, 2024, 09:14 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

That looks great. Thanks!
Old April 20th, 2024, 10:46 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

YEA

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 20th, 2024, 04:26 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Yea
Old April 20th, 2024, 04:58 PM

This Passes
Old April 21st, 2024, 02:01 PM
Archie

Re: Endor Map - Public Playtesting

Overall Look: Love it, looks just like the movie.

Stability: Stable build.

Build difficulty: Straightforward, no difficulties.

Size: 19” by 39”

Unit types positively affected: Super Strength figures appreciate all the throwable trees and the Satellite.

Unit types negatively affected: None that I could tell. Double-spacers have to be cautious with their movement but can generally get around just fine.

Key areas on the Map: The height around the trees and Satellite were the main areas used.

Areas not used much or at all: The low ground near the ruins is not commonly used, but Aliens don’t mind it with the ruins for cover, and throwing people down there will keep that area used. It could be worth sending a figure out to grab the orbital laser in the bunker, but it’s kinda off the main path and so it’s not always worth going off of height to go that way. Didn’t end up going for the laser my games but I could see it being used more in the right armies especially with the Satellite helping move people for free.

Army Test
Map: Endor
Units: Melter (160), Zemo, Enchantress, Executioner (1000) VS Frieza, Frieza Force Soldier x4, Great Ape x1 (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Melter (160), Zemo, Enchantress, Executioner (1000) VS Alien Queen, Alien Drone x5 (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Final Thoughts: Overall, it’s a fun map. I liked it and have no suggested changes. It’s a bit obvious to just charge ahead on the height with the trees, but the risk of thrown trees, the potential of the collapsing Great Tree, and the Satellite keep that area dynamic. I don’t think you’ll go into the bunker each game.

The Battlements really didn’t impact anything at all. They look cool. But I could see leaving them or removing them, they’re very low-impact. Plenty of space to move around them.

One other thing I thought of, will we ever have any other Endor maps, like the Ewok village? It might make sense to name this one “Endor Bunker” or “Endor Shield Generator” or something just in case we ever make another map set on Endor.
Old April 21st, 2024, 02:06 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Could call it Forest of Endor or Endor Forest

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 22nd, 2024, 10:45 PM
A Man of Taste

Overall Look: Really nice looking map.

Stability: Stable build.

Build difficulty: Straightforward, no difficulties.

Size: 19” by 39”

Unit types positively affected: Super Strength figures appreciate all the throwable trees and the Satellite.

Unit types negatively affected: Large double-spacers like Gundam's and Godzilla's likely won't have a good time here. There are a few places that are probably inaccessible.

Key areas on the Map: The height around the trees and Satellite were the main areas used But in the second game we did have some action in the upper bunker as well.

Areas not used much or at all: We actually used most of the map in our two games.

Army Test
Units: Cable, Deathstroke (HIVE), Ravager-Grant, Tattooed Man, Yellowjacket Rita (1000) VS Cappy, Winter Soldier, Agent Venom, Avengers Spider-Man (1000)

Spoiler Alert!

Who won? List figures remaining in the winning army (include life remaining for heroes): Cappy 4/5 wounds, Spider-Man 0 wounds

Not going to over react here but this was a team I was asked to try. Cable with 4 attack did feel weak even with his reroll of a blank. Maybe the it should count a blank as a skull or he should get +1 base attack as he doesn't boost himself.

Army Test
Units: Cable, Domino, X-23, Rebecca, Armor (1000) VS OG Titans (1000)

Spoiler Alert!

Who won? List figures remaining in the winning army (include life remaining for heroes): Nightwing 4/4 wounds

Final Thoughts: After the first game I didn't think this map was going to be for me...which is totally fine. We have plenty. So I just played it for balance. But after two games I've warmed up to it and I could see playing around with it a bit more. It was not an unfun map but I can see it being a struggle with larger figures. It sort of encourages three throwing which is probably the point and probably why it will never be one of my top go to maps. But that isn't to say I will never play this map. It did offer some strategic choices and some fun interactions.

I will agree with Archie that most of the battlements really didn't do much. However the ones by the satellite dish were useful to hide near the satellite. The back 4 on each side can probably get removed to give some room for double spacers to move around back there with little impact to the map.

Then leave the four around the Satellite and the 2 on each side closer to the startzones.

KIDA: It felt a bit cluttered and I hated the Big tree in the middle but I also used it to hide Beastboy next to the Satellite. The Bunker area was fun. I did appreciate the Battlements near the Satellite even though I didn't use them like my Dad.

Old April 22nd, 2024, 10:48 PM
A Man of Taste

To Clarify...KidA didn't like the big tree because things got packed in there and since it was a single space most of the way around it was easy to get a figure protected in there. Even though he was the one that did that

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Cartographers