Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old March 8th, 2011, 04:50 PM

cpruitt711 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Question about counter strike...

My friends and I seem to get into an argument about this nearly every game. And sorry if this question has been asked before but here is the situation, an attacking figure rolls attack dice on an adjacent figure with counter strike. No skulls are rolled, would the defending figure still roll defense dice? My logic would be no, seeing as there is no reason to defend oneself if no skulls are rolled.
Old March 8th, 2011, 04:54 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Question about counter strike...

Yes he would. That's actually the best time to roll counterstrike because you have the highest possible chance of inflicting wounds on the opponents figure. For every shield you roll that's an automatic wound on the attacking figure.

Old March 8th, 2011, 04:58 PM

Thats rough stuff. And thank you.
Old March 8th, 2011, 05:09 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

No problem.

For future reference I would recommend using the Question Dump for questions like this. It's what it's there for, and making whole threads for simple questions tends to annoy people.

Old March 8th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

However, do not forget that Counter Strike does NOT work against adjacent SPECIAL attacks and attacks that are not normal attacks (IE, auto wound abilities that do not involve dice rolls, even if the figure is adjacent).

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old March 8th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Nevermind annoying people, it's what we're here for; you'll get (even) faster answers in the Question Dump. Most of us watch our subscribed threads & many of the Question Dump reg'lar ans'rers are subscribed to that thread but wouldn't have picked up this stray thread.

Chardar, though, for the win!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 8th, 2011, 05:24 PM

Yeah, I thought I posted it there, went to look for it and couldn't find it, then looked at the main page and there it was. I was actually trying to delete it to post it in the question dump, but Chardar was too fast. Thanks to you all again though, and for bearing with my rookie-ness.
Old March 9th, 2011, 01:02 AM

oni is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpruitt711 View Post
My friends and I seem to get into an argument about this nearly every game. And sorry if this question has been asked before but here is the situation, an attacking figure rolls attack dice on an adjacent figure with counter strike. No skulls are rolled, would the defending figure still roll defense dice? My logic would be no, seeing as there is no reason to defend oneself if no skulls are rolled.

Think of it this way, you attacked but missed. Your attack triggers the defender's Counter Strike no matter if your attack succeeds or not.

Feed the newbs! Link to a common HS topic in your signature.
Storage ideas
What Should I get next?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's