Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old December 3rd, 2010, 10:18 PM

Agent Zehm has disabled reputation
Talking Agent Zehm's Excellent terrain

Hey everyone.

I'm a long time Lurker on these forums, and I'm coming back after a long time away, and learning just now that Heroscpe is no more. I'm truly saddened that there will be no more official releases, but now At last I know that if it's not currently available, I should go ahead and make it myself since it won't show up on shelves any time soon, or like... ever I guess.

so here's some background on me and my collection before I start using this thread as a launch-pad for displaying my truly excellent terrain mods...

I'm the kind of gamer who collects more than I play. This isn't by design... I simply can't interest any of my friends in playing games with me. Even my roommate who collects magic The Gathering can't ever be coaxed into actually playing a game... & I have over 60 polished decks built and ready to play at the drop of a hat! So I collect, and I mod, and I paint since that's how I get most of my enjoyment out of my collection.

I've only played Heroscape proper a few times actually, because the entire reason I got into this game was for the modular terrain. I'm a Heroclix Player, a game I actually do get to play fairly often since I can find stores where games are being played (Trying to start a new group in Manhattan with some halting success) So for the most part, I've been collecting and modding with the notion of using the terrain and movement rules from Heroscape, and splicing them onto the Heroclix rules set, but I also like the idea of simply making character cards for clix pieces, simply ignoring the dials, and making my huge clix collection cross compatible.

another neat little twist is my incorporation of Nin-Gonost tiles. Nin-Gonost was this Canadian Miniatures game with awesome modular magnetic dungeon tiles. It didn't last very long unfortunately, but luckily for for me, they were promoting their game at Dragon*Con one year I was in attendance, and I was able to blow what cash I had on a fair number of their floor and wall tiles. I made a few terrain pieces that act as cross-system adapters, linking Heroscape and Nin-Gonost tiles together, and my theory of indoor/outdoor mapping was born: Outdoor tiles are hexes... Indoor tiles are square. This makes sense to me since buildings are orthogonal & confined, while outdoor spaces are open allowing for more freedom of movement.

I have a number of excellent mods to show you, but I'll have to take the pictures and upload them. So stay tuned and I'll share my creations with you.

I'm late to the party, but hey... let's keep this party goin' ~!

^^New guy around the forum^^
Old December 4th, 2010, 12:22 AM

Re: Agent Zehm's Excellent terrain

well, not being a site supporter (yet) I have no way of posting pics here in this thread... however, I'm mass uploading a whole gallery of images to Photobucket right now and by the time I'm done writing this message, I'll have a link to slideshow which I can post riiiiight.....

...here...

...so, let me tell you a little about this particular series of mods I like to call "Urban Decay".

there are four main mods in this layout:

1~ Ruined Parking Garage (5 piece modular set)
2~ Ruined 4-storey building
3~ Ruined 3 Storey tower
4~ Extensive Mod of 4 Marvel Heroscape building corners (5 piece modular set)

the first three are among the first terrain features I constructed, and they actually predate Heroscape altogether. When I first started playing Heroclix I built some rudimentary 3D terrain from scratch, and it was designed to be modular. Little did I know there would soon be a modular terrain system available shortly in exactly the same scale! Multiple times since then, the terrain was overhauled and refined, and its still not don! I just finished laying out a print file for some decals I will be printing out, hopefully this very weekend, so look out for some updates that will include "in-progress" and "after" shots of the decal application. For now, please enjoy the "before"s.

I'm really proud of the Mods of the Marvel Building sections. I was able to mount them in such a way that as you can see, a complete ruined building can be constructed. since they are modular, you can lay them out so tight the walls are nearly contiguous, or you can spread them out into a wider arrangement. You can also obviously spread them out even further, combining them with the original fallen walls from the initial core set to create a sprawling urban wasteland. These are going to definitely get the lion's share of the decals, and more weathering and terrain will be added in the final step.

a building corner obstacle and some street lights can also be seen.

this is not my only set of themed mods so stay tuned for future updates!

Old December 4th, 2010, 01:23 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Welcome to the site!

You can upload your photos to any image hosting site. I use photobucket. Once there, you can display them here by clicking on the little postcard button & then when the window pops up, paste in the URL for your picture.

There's a thread around here somewhere explaining the process in more detail, if you need it.

Again, welcome.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 4th, 2010, 01:27 AM

They are actually hosted on Photobucket.

if you click on the link in the second post, it will take you to a slideshow. I will look into it though. Thanks!

Old December 4th, 2010, 01:29 AM

nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby!

I think he means you could post it in your post. Like this:

Want to Re-base Your DnD Figures? Click here.
Old December 4th, 2010, 01:31 AM

cool. I'll try and pick some highlights from the slideshow to add to the thread here...

Old December 4th, 2010, 02:06 AM

Highlights from the URBAN DECAY slideshow:

let's see how well this works....

Old December 4th, 2010, 02:08 AM

awesome.

anyone checking this out though, I do recommend the slideshow. particularly for details of the Marvel building corner mods, the slideshow really does them justice.

I don't want to show off all my goodies in one lump though, so I'll hold off on doing another photo shoot for a later date.

thanks for looking!

Old December 4th, 2010, 08:52 AM

aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby!

Awesome! +rep

Can we get some pics with the Marvel figs (and maybe some Clix)? I'd like to see your terrain in "action".
Old December 4th, 2010, 11:00 AM

SgtHulka has disabled reputation

Great stuff.

I, too, have some Nin-Ginost...

...and would love to see what you've done about combining them.
Old December 4th, 2010, 05:35 PM

Tagawa Woo who?

That is some nice custom custom terrain you have. Love it.

Discretion is the better part of valor.
~ William Shakespeare
Old December 4th, 2010, 05:37 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquamaniac27 View Post
Awesome! +rep

Can we get some pics with the Marvel figs (and maybe some Clix)? I'd like to see your terrain in "action".

Agreed.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles