Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Old June 12th, 2020, 09:00 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The Workbook of Moria Orc Chieftan - Design (Fellowship A)

Reserved for working book
Old June 12th, 2020, 09:00 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Workbook of Moria Orc Chieftan - Design (Fellowship

[Reserved]
Old June 18th, 2020, 03:15 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

All we have for this guy in the book is that he sprung on the company after the other orcs fled, knocked aside the swords of Aragorn and Boromir, and stabbed Frodo before Aragorn took him down. I believe we also wanted to do a d20 boost for orc figures, yes? All orc figures or just common ones?

@Chris Perkins @Shiftrex

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 18th, 2020, 03:35 PM

I think boosting all orc figures is fine, most heroes won't get the d20 bonus and if they do I don't think it's breaking anything (taking the OM on the hero is still costing you squad activations).

I think this figure would make sense to give a Special Attack to. Thematically designed because he hit Frodo and the orcs having a special attacker makes them slightly more viable (but still weak) in a tourney setting.

So his powers could be:
1) d20 boost to other orcs you control
2) cave dweller movement
3) special attack, maybe range 1 attack 4?

If we only wanted 2 powers than I would remove the d20 and let the deep drummer be the only d20 boost for these orcs.
Old June 18th, 2020, 03:51 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hmmm, I think we definitely need cave dweller. I'd push for something offensively oriented and I think I'd like to see a d20 power on him instead of a boost.

The drummer is shaping up to be a "take a few of me" type of character. I'd like to see this guy fill maybe a shark role or have something to communicate his ferocity.
Old June 18th, 2020, 06:19 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Also just realized that the word Chieftain is spelled with an additional I.

Before we go all gung-ho on boosting d20 powers of orc figures, we need to look at the Orc figures in Classic.

Off the top of my head there is Grimnak's CHOMP and Hrognak's TRAMPLE AND GORE. I think I want to avoid boosting those too much, to be honest. I could see an argument for changing the drummer to only affect common figures for this reason (the drummer should probably be a common hero).

Will the d20 boost be only if he has an OM on his card? A revealed OM, even?

I'm down for a special attack. Should it be anything "special"?

--
--
--

--
Old June 18th, 2020, 06:26 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Also just realized that the word Chieftain is spelled with an additional I.

Before we go all gung-ho on boosting d20 powers of orc figures, we need to look at the Orc figures in Classic.

Off the top of my head there is Grimnak's CHOMP and Hrognak's TRAMPLE AND GORE. I think I want to avoid boosting those too much, to be honest. I could see an argument for changing the drummer to only affect common figures for this reason (the drummer should probably be a common hero).

Will the d20 boost be only if he has an OM on his card? A revealed OM, even?

I'm down for a special attack. Should it be anything "special"?
I'm fine with relegating them to common figures, I think the other questions are best discussed in the Drummer thread.

I'd like it to be pretty special, maybe a bloodthirsty attack? Or something that rewards you for wounding a figure or being engaged with multiple figures
Old June 18th, 2020, 06:54 PM

What about this?

Spear Thrust Special Attack
Range 1, Attack 4.
If an opponent's figure is within 2 spaces of this Orc Chieftain, and its base is no more than 3 levels above this Orc Chieftain's height or 3 levels below this Orc Chieftain's base, this Orc Chieftain may add 1 to its range when using Spear Thrust Special Attack.
Old June 18th, 2020, 06:58 PM

I like that.

--
--
--

--
Old June 18th, 2020, 07:01 PM

Yes, fits perfectly and isnt overly complicated
Old June 18th, 2020, 07:15 PM

Now what about class, personality, stats, etc. Is there an existing miniature that works for this guy?

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs