Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old March 28th, 2010, 11:56 PM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of the Fen Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
Is anyone else having a lot of trouble taking Hydras down? I put together an army for my sister to use tonight, and it rocked my world. 2 Fen Hydras, 2x Phantom Knights, Raelin (SotM), and 2x Sahuagin Raiders. Raelin's aura is so large and the Hydras and Knights only need one more defense in most situations. The Hydras tend to just tear stuff up.
I've actually found the Hydras to be surprisingly easy to wound. I played them against stingers as well as Greenroller, and they went down fairly quickly. Those are probably Hydra's worst matchups, but still I expected a bit more from them. I guess I need to try a powerful Hydra build against something different.
Old March 29th, 2010, 12:59 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation

-- Just to chime in. I beleive the OP is incorrect ??? ---
Uncommon Utgar figures DO NOT benefit from Ornak's Red Flag of Fury Aura do they? The card states that the Hero must be Unique.

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
(All for just $4,000 BUCKS)
Old March 29th, 2010, 01:14 PM

Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnutt99 View Post
Uncommon Utgar figures DO NOT benefit from Ornak's Red Flag of Fury Aura do they? The card states that the Hero must be Unique.
Uncommon heroes didn't exist then, so the rule is that uncommon heroes are to be treated like unique heroes in every way except you can draft more than one of them.
Old March 29th, 2010, 01:17 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderball68 View Post
Quote:
Uncommon heroes didn't exist then, so the rule is that uncommon heroes are to be treated like unique heroes in every way except you can draft more than one of them.
And that they can be mindshackled/soul devoured even if there is already one or more of them in your army.
Old March 29th, 2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Quote:
And that they can be mindshackled/soul devoured even if there is already one or more of them in your army.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Thanks a bunch. This would have been the source of many mishaps!

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
Old March 29th, 2010, 02:04 PM

I tried to download the rules for the DDMS but had troubles. So what's the stipulation on uncommon heroes and these new treasure glyphs. Im assuming it's the same and they can pick them up / utilize them.

Old March 29th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I tried to download the rules for the DDMS but had troubles. So what's the stipulation on uncommon heroes and these new treasure glyphs. Im assuming it's the same and they can pick them up / utilize them.
Yes. Uncommons are exactly like Uniques, except that you can have multiples in your army.
Old March 29th, 2010, 02:25 PM
the Teirible

Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby!

I've heard that uncommons are exactly like uniques except you can have more than one of them in your army. Not sure where I read this but it has definately come up.

HeroScape is back Baby! Whoo Hoo!!!
Old March 29th, 2010, 02:36 PM

Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Thanks a bunch. This would have been the source of many mishaps!
Perhaps you read it in the first 5 comments before you posted?
lol
Old March 29th, 2010, 04:08 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation

I've been playing the Fen Hydra with Taelord, and it's actually a quite devastating combo-- 4 attacks of 5? Yeesh! And at 300 points, the combo leaves enough room for good support units, too.
Old March 29th, 2010, 04:10 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elginb View Post
I've been playing the Fen Hydra with Taelord, and it's actually a quite devastating combo-- 4 attacks of 5? Yeesh! And at 300 points, the combo leaves enough room for good support units, too.

Throw in Ornak and another Hydra and you get 4 MORE attacks of 5 on OM 1.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old March 29th, 2010, 04:59 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by the OP
Q: How do Uncommon Heroes work?
A:
See The Book of Feral Troll, Clarifications section
In Truth's own words.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units