Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape
C3G SuperScape A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old June 11th, 2017, 12:12 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The C3G Cave - Hangout

I forgot to mention that I had seen it as well and enjoyed it. A few minor quibbles here and there but overall pretty solid. Agree that the best part of the movie is when they get to the front. I wouldn't say they hit it out of the park though, just a good movie that I'm glad they made.
Old June 11th, 2017, 10:04 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I enjoyed the island scenes most of all and could have watched an entire movie centered there, ending the way the first act ended in the movie. Setting up the next movie and entering the real world.

I think I have to give Suicide Squad a slight edge for entertainment but WW starts far stronger.
Old June 15th, 2017, 03:29 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 19th, 2017, 07:57 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Saw Wonder Woman a second time yesterday. The good (the scenes at the front/No Man's Land in particular, though also some of the city stuff right before that) more than makes up for some of the awkward/meh stuff in the third act. Only thing worth preserving in DCU on film so far, IMO. But I suppose DCEU Supes and Batman could still be saved if they make turns from selfish Randian pouters to actual heroes in Justice League.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 19th, 2017, 09:19 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Saw Guardians 2 with the family yesterday. A very appropriate Fathers's Day movie. My wife like it more than the first and my son thought the first was way better. I'm still undecided on which I liked better but I liked them both a lot.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 20th, 2017, 01:41 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

For me, Guardians has potential to be the best Marvel Trilogy. Right now, I'd rate Caps 1-3 as the best. Ironman was looking good until #3. Thor:Ragnarok could actually cause it to pass Ironman, IMO.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old June 24th, 2017, 09:49 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
For me, Guardians has potential to be the best Marvel Trilogy. Right now, I'd rate Caps 1-3 as the best. Ironman was looking good until #3. Thor:Ragnarok could actually cause it to pass Ironman, IMO.
I'm surprised to see us in lockstep on this one.

Just for fun, where would Avengers 1 and 2 go in that mix (especially if Avengers 3 lives up to the hype?). I'd probably go behind Cap and Guardians, above Iron Man, and have to see the third movie of both to decide for Thor, but edge to Avengers so far.

Old June 24th, 2017, 10:10 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I've got

Cap
Guardians
Avengers
Iron Man
Thor

right now but with only 2 of those in the clubhouse we'll see. Thor could move as high as 3 but unless Guardians 3 totally blows I don't see it passing. Avengers is the favorite for #3 right now.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 24th, 2017, 10:33 PM

That looks about right. To me, I loved all of the Cap and Guardian movies, but the Cap ones probably win out overall. I put Iron Man 1 and Avengers in the same class with all of those, but was disappointed overall with Age of ULTRON, Iron Man 3, and Thor 2 (though all had their moments), while finding Iron Man 2 good, but short of the original.

It's really hard to say which of them is my favorite, but it's probably one of the three Cap ones. I struggle choosing between them, because there's so much I like about each, and they're each so distinct.

Old June 24th, 2017, 11:27 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
I'm surprised to see us in lockstep on this one.

Just for fun, where would Avengers 1 and 2 go in that mix (especially if Avengers 3 lives up to the hype?). I'd probably go behind Cap and Guardians, above Iron Man, and have to see the third movie of both to decide for Thor, but edge to Avengers so far.
100% in agreement. What makes Cap so awesome is the diversity of genres. You have a period piece, which I was frankly very skeptical they could pull off., especially when they cast Chris Evans as Cap, who played a mediocre Human Torch at best. Cap 2 was a spy thriller in the vain of Mission Impossible or James Bond. And Cap 3 was the Super Hero epic that Avengers has tried to be all along.

What gives Guardians a real shot to surpass it the fact that they rely more on the source material. Marvel and DC would not have been in business this long if they didn't know how to write a story. Hollywood finally seems to be getting that.

My rank currently:
Cap (clubhouse leader)
Guardians (just teeing off, but has the lead)
Avengers (2 in with 2 to go)
Thor
Ironman (in the clubhouse)

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old June 25th, 2017, 01:04 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I'll just go ahead and rank the MCU by series then.

Guardians of the Galaxy
Captain America
Avengers
Iron Man
Thor

Guardians is easily the top dog right now. I'd call most of the MCU good, but Guardians is a truly great pair of films, and assuming Gunn sticks the landing, it'll easily be the best superhero trilogy of all time. Hell, I'll put it just a tier below Star Wars/Indiana Jones/Lord of the Rings as one of the best movie trilogies of all time.

Cap is a somewhat distant second. I feel like I have a pretty unpopular opinion of the Cap movies... I'd say First Avenger was the best, Civil War pretty far behind back, and Winter Soldier in third. The latter two are solid movies, but I'm not actually a huge fan of the Russo style. It feels less substantial to me for some reason. So I have trouble calling the Cap trilogy more than just "good."

If Avengers nails it, it will probably surpass Cap. I know Age of Ultron has its haters, but I think it's a flawed film with some great ideas and moments, and it's just full of fanservice. And of course the first Avengers might be the best popcorn movie of all time.

Iron Man is two good movies anchored by one iffy installment, and Thor... ha ha, Thor. Even if Ragnarok blows me away (and I suspect it might!), there's no salvaging the first two. They're just so... meh.
Old June 25th, 2017, 01:25 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I really liked each one of the Cap movies and would put that trilogy at #1 with Guardians a very close #2. Avengers is close behind Guardians and depending on how the final films for each play out could actually surpass Guardians for #2. Then Iron Man and Thor are a ways back behind the leaders. Hard to say which one should be in slots 4 and 5 without yet having seen Thor 3. Thor 3 could be good enough to have that trilogy bypass the Iron Man trilogy for me but no matter how good it is it won't be good enough to crack the top 3. It seems odd that Iron Man could end up in the bottom slot as I enjoyed each movie, after the first film though they just didn't blow me away like many of the other MCU films did.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape