Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Strategy Articles
AotP Strategy Articles AotP Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Units, Spell Cards, Game Play, etc.

Old May 5th, 2023, 08:11 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Let's talk strategy: BLUE

I've very much looked forward to finishing this video; here is my in-depth discussion on AotP's blue! Unlike the previously discussed red, blue is often a color that runs their games at a much slower pace, looking to deny their opponents the ability to benefit from their own spells and then lock opposing figures up in engagements with high bulk creatures. Playing blue optimally feels like a gargantuan task at times, due to the sheer number of options you have on any given turn while working with blue figure abilities and spell cards.

As always, an epic YouTube video reviewing everything blue. Watch the first 7 minutes to see what I think of blue's primary playstyle:

Tier list for blue's spell cards:

Spoiler Alert!

Tier list for blue's army cards:

Spoiler Alert!

I can't decide whether I think blue or black is the most unique color to use in AotP; I really enjoy black's creature sacrifice and debuff shenanigans which doesn't really exist in other colors, but blue has some really nasty tricks with extreme figure mobility, annoying mind games/denial, as well as the ability to toy with spells in player graveyards. Blue has a wide variety of ways to launch their offensive, but generally lacks the oomph to end the game quickly without some really lucky attack dice. What do you think of blue?

Last edited by Unhinged Manchild; May 6th, 2023 at 01:32 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Strategy Articles