Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old September 12th, 2018, 05:06 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Giant Sized Scape Battles

I did have Transformers Monopoly back in the day, next time I’m home I’ll see if I can dig up
some of those little figures. Godzilla looks like he has a few options too.

Oh, and by the way, thanks YK for all the pictures!
Old September 20th, 2018, 02:45 PM

WatchmanWatcher is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I found this set of models called '30 steel warriors' online that would be perfect for this sort of thing. Also, I think that it would be cool to have mini (say, 6mm) squads of troops as weak troops you can use to round out an army and then have all the proper models have multiple wounds for some action-movie-esque combat
Old September 20th, 2018, 02:55 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Fun idea.
Old September 20th, 2018, 03:07 PM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

Very cool idea. I don't see why C3G couldn't be used here; typically those guys in the movies are out fighting huge things and saving innocent people just like the format mentioned in the OP.

Perhaps instead of modifying the knockback rule add a figure size like Massive and state that Massive figures are unaffected by normal knockback rules. To give Godzilla the ability to knockback another Massive figure state it in the power like "This power only works on Massive figures".

Not sure if it'll be up to the scale but I know I saw some Papercraft stuff in the Downloads section. I'll see if I can't find some. They could be little to no cost buildings that look cool.

Edit: I found a mechanics shop that may be to a good scale.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet

Last edited by itsbuzzi; September 20th, 2018 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Found a link
Old September 20th, 2018, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I did have Transformers Monopoly back in the day, next time I’m home I’ll see if I can dig up

I have that set, and the models size up to about size 2 or 3, so I'm thinking Unique, 1-wound models?
Old September 20th, 2018, 06:15 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchmanWatcher View Post
Quote:

I have that set, and the models size up to about size 2 or 3, so I'm thinking Unique, 1-wound models?
I personally like 2 life. (maybe 3 for the toughest of them) I feel like they'd be tougher than planes, tanks, and the like.

I really want to come back and put more thought into this project soon.
Old September 20th, 2018, 06:22 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I agree, if we are going to have some plane/tank/helicopter common figures with 1 life then the Transformers should certainly be able to take more punishment then them. Maybe a little guy like Bumblebee or Ravage would be a 1 life figure, but Megatron and Optimus Prime should be pretty sturdy.
Old September 20th, 2018, 06:26 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbuzzi View Post
Very cool idea. I don't see why C3G couldn't be used here; typically those guys in the movies are out fighting huge things and saving innocent people just like the format mentioned in the OP.

Perhaps instead of modifying the knockback rule add a figure size like Massive and state that Massive figures are unaffected by normal knockback rules. To give Godzilla the ability to knockback another Massive figure state it in the power like "This power only works on Massive figures".

Not sure if it'll be up to the scale but I know I saw some Papercraft stuff in the Downloads section. I'll see if I can't find some. They could be little to no cost buildings that look cool.

Edit: I found a mechanics shop that may be to a good scale.
The idea atm isn't to create giant figures that fit in with normal Scape, but instead figures that are the height of a normal character (5 or 6 hexes tall) but represent giant monsters like Godzilla. So your average superhero would probably be pretty darn small to fit in with scale.

I think papercraft buildings could actually be really viable. (Plus, if you wanted you could actually physically crush them )
Old September 20th, 2018, 09:27 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
The idea atm isn't to create giant figures that fit in with normal Scape, but instead figures that are the height of a normal character (5 or 6 hexes tall) but represent giant monsters like Godzilla. So your average superhero would probably be pretty darn small to fit in with scale.

I think papercraft buildings could actually be really viable. (Plus, if you wanted you could actually physically crush them )
Ahhhh, now I get it. Cool concept.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 20th, 2018, 10:01 PM
Just A Head

“With everyone super giant, no one will be” -The Incredibles

Maybe I need to update the OP to better explain the concept.

Anyways, I guess I'll start with something simple.
Quote:
SMALL SKYSCRAPER

LIFE 3
DEFENSE 4
HEIGHT 3
OCCUPANCY 90

COLLAPSING RUBBLE 1
If a Small Skyscraper is destroyed at any point during your turn, before removing it from the Battlefield you must choose 1 space adjacent to that Small Skyscraper. Roll an unblockable attack die against any figure on that space.
Quote:
LARGE SKYSCRAPER

LIFE 5
DEFENSE 4
HEIGHT 5
OCCUPANCY 150

COLLAPSING RUBBLE 2
If a Large Skyscraper is destroyed at any point during your turn, before removing it from the Battlefield you must choose 2 spaces that are both adjacent to that Large Skyscraper and adjacent to each other. Roll an unblockable attack die against any figures on those spaces.
Just some proofs of concept, mostly.
Old September 21st, 2018, 08:27 AM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

Ahh I see a completely different scale. For some reason I just imagined huge figures like Glacius (the actual figure) on Heroscape sized battlefield somewhat what the picture in the OP shows. I see now.

But yes the papercraft buildings were on my mind when I saw this because I personally have been messing around with motorized Lego tanks to shoot paintballs at each other and to run over buildings exactly like the papercraft buildings. i'm more for actually destroying the buildings while you could use them for your scale lol.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet
Old September 23rd, 2018, 06:03 AM

Quote:
“With everyone super giant, no one will be” -The Incredibles

Maybe I need to update the OP to better explain the concept.

Anyways, I guess I'll start with something simple.
Quote:
SMALL SKYSCRAPER

LIFE 3
DEFENSE 4
HEIGHT 3
OCCUPANCY 90

COLLAPSING RUBBLE 1
If a Small Skyscraper is destroyed at any point during your turn, before removing it from the Battlefield you must choose 1 space adjacent to that Small Skyscraper. Roll an unblockable attack die against any figure on that space.
Quote:
LARGE SKYSCRAPER

LIFE 5
DEFENSE 4
HEIGHT 5
OCCUPANCY 150

COLLAPSING RUBBLE 2
If a Large Skyscraper is destroyed at any point during your turn, before removing it from the Battlefield you must choose 2 spaces that are both adjacent to that Large Skyscraper and adjacent to each other. Roll an unblockable attack die against any figures on those spaces.
Just some proofs of concept, mostly.
I'll add some more ideas here - you're welcome to use them, but don't feel bad about ignoring them

Spoiler Alert!

Any points ideas?

Last edited by WatchmanWatcher; September 23rd, 2018 at 04:58 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum