Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old March 6th, 2007, 08:21 PM

Siran Dunmorgan has disabled reputation
Two colors of snow?

There appears to be two different colors of snow tiles in the game. There are pure white ones, such as were distributed with the Thaelenk Tundra sets, and white with a slight reddish or purplish tinge, which seems to be the color of snow tiles distributed with Thora's Vengeance expansion sets.

I assume that these have no effect on game play, but has anyone made use of the difference in snow colors in battlefield setups?

—SD

Hic est qui sumus
Old March 6th, 2007, 08:35 PM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!
Never noticed a difference...may have to check.

OTOH, you may have just got a bad batch?
Old March 6th, 2007, 08:49 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Don’t eat the yellow snow….. don’t eat the other colors hexes either ( there is a thread somewhere on this site that says it will kill you ).

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old March 6th, 2007, 08:51 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
I've noticed varying shades of snow among what I have too. They're all snow, it's just a difference in the batch they came from.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 6th, 2007, 10:25 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Mine are all the same white. No tint at all.

Guess you found out how good QC is!
Old March 6th, 2007, 10:35 PM

Supergeek knows what's in an order marker Supergeek knows what's in an order marker
Mine vary a little as well. I kind of like it.
Old March 6th, 2007, 11:02 PM

HS ~ KNT is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I noticed that too, the expansion ones are slightly pink. I like to think some of the snow was stained with blood, and then snowed on. But that's just me.

~Neko: Leaving, sadly. I hope to see you all around. =^-^=

Making Custom Fixes for Heroscape Once more, I will say my camera hates me.
Old March 6th, 2007, 11:35 PM

ferzle has disabled reputation
Mine are also slightly different, and it really annoys me because I am very "Monk"-ish.
Old March 6th, 2007, 11:38 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
was just noticing that too, the only snow I have is from figure packs, I stacked them all up on top of each other put them on the shelf noticed a few were a bit brown... these where likely ran though the same molds that were previously run with the brown terrain that gets painted for grass/sand etc... and the color just ran though to the next batch...
Old March 9th, 2007, 03:33 AM

auralerogeny is surprisingly tart
I've noticed this, even right out of the packs without the original snow to compare with. It annoys the crap out of me. I hate the fact that they don't match, it doesn't add any "artistic" value to me. It make it look like I have pissed on snow.

The compulsive perfectionist within wants to scream at Chris. I want to write a major letter of complaint about this, but the reasonable compromising side says that they just got lazy, and there's nothing I can do.

Are we going to be looking for "white" snow in the future over the ***** snow? Is this going to be like the sparkly water issue?

Click to see more...
Old March 9th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun
White plastic is one of the hardest to manufacture and keep pristine.

All plastics are damaged by UV and oxygen. UV causes bubbles and imperfections to come to the surface. The actual surface of plastic is porous so anything that is in the air will settle into those pores. Any number of things do happen to a plastic part in manufacturing to throw off the color. You don't notice it an other plastics because the imperfections are lost to the background color, but white plastics causes imperfections to stick out like a sore thumb.

The thing that I notice about the white tiles is that they have a slightly different shrink factor than all the other pieces. Mine all fit loose to other pieces.

Either separate molds are used for the white (likely to prevent contamination) or the coloring used actually throws off the shrink factor (never seen that happen in my entire career).

Plastics are fun

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom
Old March 9th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!
Yeah, I've got about three distinct shades of white.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles