Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old October 14th, 2009, 05:58 PM

ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker
Re: Summoner Wars by Plaid Hat Games

As I was reading the info on the site I had one question. Does the Magic Pile start with cards on it? It didn't say anything about putting cards on it, but you'd need to in order to summon something your first turn. Is it part of reference card step or something?

Also does this game require you to keep the starter decks together or could I mix them up into my own deck with crazy variations of the factions?
Old October 14th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvenEnvy View Post
As I was reading the info on the site I had one question. Does the Magic Pile start with cards on it? It didn't say anything about putting cards on it, but you'd need to in order to summon something your first turn. Is it part of reference card step or something?

Also does this game require you to keep the starter decks together or could I mix them up into my own deck with crazy variations of the factions?
You start the game with some units on the field, they will be doing the fighting on your first turn, before you have the magic to spend to summon units.

You can mix and match units, but only within faction limitations. But don't let that stop you from doing some cross factional house rules. I plan on doing a number of official special rules variants for the game, and cross-faction play is definitely among them.
Old October 14th, 2009, 06:20 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This is all based off my memory from Gencon so I could be wrong. The magic pile gets built from either discarding cards (a phase at the end of turn I believe) or by killing stuff. Clearly beginning game youll have to discard some things. Also you can not mix factions. You can add more goblins to your goblin deck but you cant add dwarves to it. I hope none of that info is wrong.

Edit: Too slow

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old October 14th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Just wanted to say congrats on getting this game out Truth. I will have to try it sometime. I've never played the card type games like Magic, but this appears to be different and really cool. I wish you the best in this an future endeavors.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old October 14th, 2009, 07:05 PM

Location: Kansas City metro area (Grain Valley, Blue Springs)
paradox22 knows what's in an order marker paradox22 knows what's in an order marker

SWEET! Been waiting and waiting for this... My Dwarves vs. Goblins are now pre-ordered!

Get your Kansas City Metro Scaping fix here: http://kcheroscapers.getphpbb.com/forum.html
Old October 15th, 2009, 09:25 AM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox22 View Post
... My Dwarves vs. Goblins are now pre-ordered!
Ditto!
Old October 15th, 2009, 09:49 PM

Marro Luvur Woo who?

Just a question, I looked in the rule book but was unable to find the answer. Truth, is there a limit nto the amount of guys that you can summon each turn, or is it just limited to the amount of adjacent sapces next to a wall? Wondering because I am starting a Golblin strategy.

Old October 15th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro Luvur View Post
Just a question, I looked in the rule book but was unable to find the answer. Truth, is there a limit nto the amount of guys that you can summon each turn, or is it just limited to the amount of adjacent sapces next to a wall? Wondering because I am starting a Golblin strategy.
It is limited only by the open spaces adjacent to your walls as well as the amount of cards in your magic pile (if applicable).

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old October 15th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro Luvur View Post
It is limited only by the open spaces adjacent to your walls as well as the amount of cards in your magic pile (if applicable).

Jim
What he said.
Old October 15th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

And the cards in your hand, obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old October 16th, 2009, 12:51 AM

Shermif knows what's in an order marker Shermif knows what's in an order marker

Hello, Truth! The game you've put together looks absolutely fantastic, and I really hope to play it sooner rather than later.

I have one very specific question about the Goblin event card "Goblin Invincibility." I was confused about whether it affected all of your goblins until the start of your next turn, or a single goblin unit that you select.

Sorry to be talking specific rule lawyer stuff already! I hate to interrupt the well-wishing and high-fiving that's going on here, and that I'm certainly happy to participate in. I really am very glad to hear that this is up and off the runway, Truth.
Old October 16th, 2009, 01:32 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shermif View Post
Sorry to be talking specific rule lawyer stuff already! I hate to interrupt the well-wishing and high-fiving that's going on here, and that I'm certainly happy to participate in. I really am very glad to hear that this is up and off the runway, Truth.
*chuckle*

He'd wait 'til November, but he's kinda hoping to get a jump start on the Power Rankings

Based on this quote from the Cave Goblin Faction Highlight I'd say it works on all the Goblins:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summoner Wars Website
Another great time to Sly Sneeks forward is on a turn that youŽve played Goblin Invincibility. YouŽll get to take advantage of a heavy hit from Sneeks with little risk of him taking damage himself.
~Aldin, too ugly to die

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games