Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database
C3G2.0 Dossier Database Database of all released designs in C3G 2.0

Old September 3rd, 2023, 04:23 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Kristoff Von Doom

Kristoff Von Doom

Card PDF

Quote:
NAME = KRISTOFF VON DOOM
IDENTITY = KRISTOFF VERNARD

UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
SPECIES = HUMAN
CLASS = ADVENTURER
PERSONALITY = BRILLIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 115

DOOM'S WARD
After activating a Unique Hero Doctor Doom ally, you may activate Kristoff, then end your turn.

DOOM'S HEIR
When a Doctor Doom ally is defeated, you may move any unrevealed Order Markers from that card to this card. If there is an inactive Doctor Doom on your team, Kristoff gains the Name Doctor Doom, and has +1 Attack, Flying, and Super Strength.

FACTION = LATVERIA
PUBLISHER = MARVEL
KEYWORDS = Science
SYMBOLS = MAGICAL AFFINITY
REINFORCEMENTS ARRIVE:"I will thank you to refrain from customizing my name! An appellation such as Kristy is unsuitable for the rightful heir to the Dynasty of Doom!"
-Kristoff Vernard

Resources and Rulings
  • The suggested figure for this unit is a Heroclix figure: Secret Invasion #026/ Kristoff
  • See this card's wiki page for synergies and strategies!
Credits
  • Legacy design: Ronin
  • Card art: Ronin
  • Comic creators: John Byrne
Updates
  • N/A

Last edited by IAmBatman; November 4th, 2023 at 11:47 AM.
Old September 3rd, 2023, 04:25 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Kristoff Von Doom - Conversion Processing

Did some brainstorming with @Ronin .
Changes being:
1. Latveria faction
2. Science Keyword
3. Magical Affinity instead of Magical Aptitude. Slight bump in power, as previously, he could only do 1 spell per round. Not sure that's a real concern.
4. When Doctor Doom dies, Kristoff can take Doom's unrevealed Order Markers, so he's not a sitting duck, and when he becomes Doctor Doom he gains Flying and Super Strength.
-
Wording question:
In 1.0, if Doctor Doom got a second turn with Mystic Power Drain, it wouldn't get in the way of Kristoff's Doom's Ward. How do we make sure that's still the case in 2.0?

1.0: DOOM'S WARD
After revealing an Order Marker on the Army Card of a Unique Doctor Doom you control and taking a turn with Doctor Doom, you may take an immediate turn with Kristoff. You may not take any additional turns with any other figures you control.

2.0 DOOM'S WARD
After an ordered activation with a Unique Doctor Doom, you may activate Kristoff, and then your turn ends.

-In my original ask, @Yodaking said
Quote:
Not 100% sure on the double activation question. I think the whole double activation of Doom is an Ordered Activation, as long as the OM was revealed on the card to start as normal.
Old September 3rd, 2023, 04:45 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

You'll need to post a link to this design thread so others will be sure to see it.
Old September 3rd, 2023, 04:55 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like the change. Makes sense.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 4th, 2023, 10:29 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Before we made some changes to Army of Doom, he'd have been able to bond off of Doombots but not Doctor Doom in those builds, which would've been interesting. They no longer have the name Doctor Doom, though, so seems like this guy pretty much only gets synergy with the Unique Hero Doctor Doom (375) which should be easier to balance.

I'm not sure how, after how many times I looked at the 1.0 card, but just now realizing this guy is an Adventurer.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 4th, 2023, 11:02 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I'm not sure how, after how many times I looked at the 1.0 card, but just now realizing this guy is an Adventurer.
I do think that was intentional but don't remember the specifics.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 4th, 2023, 11:46 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm honestly okay with not getting the triple turn after a Mystic Drain? I disagree with YK that Doom's second activation is an ordered activation. But Kristoff got a few powerups here, so I think that minor powerdown is fair.
Old September 4th, 2023, 02:32 PM
Casing the Corners

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I do think that was intentional but don't remember the specifics.
Yup, based on this in his bio
"As he's grown older, Kristoff has periodically rebelled against his adoptive father, and spent time both with the Fantastic Four and at his father's right hand."

A lot of his playtesting was with the F4, with a focus on if bringing them access to spells was ok.

Interestingly, in 1.0 if Doom Power Drains Mr. F, then you'd be able to take a turn with Kristoff with Fantastic Leader, then Doom, then Kristoff again.

Probably worth figuring out if the second activation counts as an ordered activation in 2.0, and what the language would look like in order to keep its original function the same, but not super worried if the third activation seems too much. Hasn't in my experience, though.
Old September 5th, 2023, 06:30 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

From the rulebook:

Quote:
Ordered Activation: A turn with a figure card that you revealed a
numbered Order Marker on at the start of your turn (See: Activation).
Doom's ability:

Quote:
MYSTIC POWER DRAIN 14
Once per turn, after Doctor Doom's activation, he may choose an adjacent enemy and roll a d20. On a 14+, if that enemy is not a Unique or Event Hero, inflict 1 wound on that enemy and Doctor Doom heals 1 wound. On a 14+, if that enemy is a Unique or Event Hero, activate Doctor Doom a second time and for the rest of the round, Doctor Doom may use any abilities on that enemy's card, but cannot use Mystic Power Drain.
So I think that the technically correct reading is that it's a second ordered activation. It's the same player turn and you revealed an Order Marker on his card at the start of that turn, which is the criteria for it to be an ordered activation.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 5th, 2023, 06:37 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I just think that gets messy when we're hinging so much of our bonding system on the assumption that you only have 1 ordered activation a turn. We're gonna constantly have to be vigilant if Guy Gardner overextending suddenly means that you can trigger 2 bonding units off of him every turn.
Old September 5th, 2023, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I just think that gets messy when we're hinging so much of our bonding system on the assumption that you only have 1 ordered activation a turn. We're gonna constantly have to be vigilant if Guy Gardner overextending suddenly means that you can trigger 2 bonding units off of him every turn.
Don't our figures that bond off of ordered activations specify either the turn ends or that you can't activate additional figures this turn? If that's consistently the case (and it should be?) then all it allows you to do is trigger off of Guy's last activation of the turn without cutting him short.

Old September 5th, 2023, 06:55 AM
Just A Head

Not all, no. Stuff like japes’ Brotherhood designs are borked if we go with that definition. (Or it at least seriously limits the design space on Mutants that ever do multiple ordered activations.)

In addition, are we arguing that if a unit like Avengers Iron Man activates themselves with their own bonding power, that counts as an ordered activation? That lets him do a recursive loop and pop off a 3 figure turn. (Or maybe even 4 if you have a bonding unit.)

I think the definition probably has to be implied to read as this:
Quote:
An activation that is granted by revealing a
numbered Order Marker at the start of your turn, and not granted by an ability.
(Which it looks like we made an oopsie and talked about “figure turns” here anyways.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database