Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old September 9th, 2014, 07:01 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!
Re: Public Design Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
It's also based on some Kree Soldier interactions that Johnny had come up with something like 600 pages back in this thread if I remember correctly.
You mean this design
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Next on the Kree bandwagon...only slightly modified from what johnny originally had.

NAME = KREE SOLDIER

SPECIES = KREE
UNIQUENESS = COMMON HERO
CLASS = SOLDIER
PERSONALITY = DISCIPLINED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 1

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = ?

COLLECTIVE CONSCIOUSNESS
As long as there is at least one Kree Soldier still in play, for each destroyed Kree Soldier on cards you control, add 1 to your initiative roll, up to a maximum of +6.

KREE INVASION
After revealing an Order Marker on the card of a Unique Kree Hero you control and taking a turn with that Hero, if there is at least 1 Kree Soldier within 8 clear sight spaces of that Hero, you may move as many Kree Soldiers as the Life total of that Hero's card and attack with as many Kree Soldiers as Wound Markers on that card.
Old September 9th, 2014, 08:21 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
It's also based on some Kree Soldier interactions that Johnny had come up with something like 600 pages back in this thread if I remember correctly.
You mean this design
Quote:
Next on the Kree bandwagon...only slightly modified from what johnny originally had.

NAME = KREE SOLDIER

SPECIES = KREE
UNIQUENESS = COMMON HERO
CLASS = SOLDIER
PERSONALITY = DISCIPLINED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 1

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = ?

COLLECTIVE CONSCIOUSNESS
As long as there is at least one Kree Soldier still in play, for each destroyed Kree Soldier on cards you control, add 1 to your initiative roll, up to a maximum of +6.

KREE INVASION
After revealing an Order Marker on the card of a Unique Kree Hero you control and taking a turn with that Hero, if there is at least 1 Kree Soldier within 8 clear sight spaces of that Hero, you may move as many Kree Soldiers as the Life total of that Hero's card and attack with as many Kree Soldiers as Wound Markers on that card.

No, it was actually earlier than that. But I do like that one as well. I can't wait until the Kree faction is fleshed out so I can finish my scenarios...

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 9th, 2014, 08:23 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Actually it was this one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
KREE SOLDIER

KREE
COMMON HERO
SOLDIER
LOYAL

MEDIUM 4

LIFE 1

MOVE 5
RANGE 5
ATTACK 2
DEFENSE 2

20 POINTS

KREE INVASION

You may move and attack with up to 3 Kree Soldiers that you control each turn.

COLLECTIVE CONSCIOUSNESS
As long as there is at least one Kree Soldier still in play, for each destroyed Kree Soldier on this card, add 1 to your initiative roll, up to a maximum of +4.

-----

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 9th, 2014, 08:44 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I know, but it has evolved since then.
Old September 9th, 2014, 08:49 PM
A Man of Taste

Oh yeah I know that I was just tying it in to what I was basing Mutant Assault Force to. The whole Common Heroes working as a Squad thing.

Trust me I am fully paying attention to the Kree designs going on. I was serious when I said I had a campaign of scenarios awaiting more generic Kree...

Old September 9th, 2014, 09:00 PM
A Man of Taste

These are the guys we are planning on using for M.R.D. troopers...

Field Agent #084 Horrorclix Base Set
or

Field Agent #082 Horrorclix Base Set
Mainly because we got a few of them in a yard sale recently for $0.50 each

NAME = M.R.D. TROOPER
Spoiler Alert!

Old September 9th, 2014, 10:45 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Not sure if there are plans for the Dark Avengers; I know we've already got Iron Patriot, and johnny's got Norman and maybe a Daken Wolverine drafted? Anyway, thought I'd take a shot at "Spider-Man".

Gargan is of course a terrible Venom, with the excellent Sinister Spider-Man miniseries being his only good story. Which is a real shame, since the concept of a Spider-Man that's accepted the worst influences in Peter's life (Osborn, the symbiote, wanting to murder JJJ) is a good one. He does offer some interesting mechanical possibilities, though.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Infinity Challenge set.
Its model number and name are #150 / Spider-Man.

NAME = SPIDER-MAN
SECRET IDENTITY = MAC GARGAN

SPECIES = SYMBIOTE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CHARLATAN
PERSONALITY = UNSTABLE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 2
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

INNER MONSTER
You may draft one other Mac Gargan figure that is a Symbiote and is not a Charlatan. That Mac Gargan figure does not start the game on the battlefield. You can control only one Mac Gargan figure on the battlefield at a time.

SYMBIOTE UNLEASHED
When Spider-Man would be destroyed, replace this figure, if possible, with another Mac Gargan figure you control and remove this Mac Gargan figure from the game.

WEB SLINGER
If Spider-Man did not move this turn, before attacking, you may choose a non-adjacent small or medium figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Spider-Man. Place Spider-Man adjacent to the chosen figure or place the chosen figure adjacent to Spider-Man. If Spider-Man attacks the chosen figure this turn, the chosen figure rolls 2 fewer defense dice. Figures moved by Web Slinger will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SUPER STRENGTH

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Hammer of Thor set.
Its model number and name are #038 / Venom.

NAME = VENOM

SPECIES = SYMBIOTE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ANTAGONIST
PERSONALITY = FEROCIOUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 6

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = ???

CANNIBAL CRAVING
If Venom destroys a figure other than an Android or a destructible object with his normal attack, you may remove 1 Wound Marker from this card. If the destroyed figure was a Unique Hero or Event Hero, you may take one additional turn with Venom.

TENDRIL SWING 2
Instead of his normal move, Venom may use his Tendril Swing. Tendril Swing has a move of 2. When counting spaces for Venom’s Tendril Swing movement, ignore elevations. Venom may swing over water without stopping, swing over figures without becoming engaged, and swing over obstacles such as ruins. Venom may not Tendril Swing more than 40 levels up or down in a single Tendril Swing. When Venom uses Tendril Swing, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks. After using Tendril Swing 2, you may use it one additional time.

WEAK-MINDED 3
If any player rolls the 20-sided die to take temporary or permanent control of Venom, that player may add 3 to the roll.

SUPER STRENGTH

Last edited by Ronin; October 12th, 2016 at 10:37 PM.
Old September 9th, 2014, 11:00 PM

Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Not sure if there are plans for the Dark Avengers; I know we've already got Iron Patriot, and johnny's got Norman and maybe a Daken Wolverine drafted? Anyway, thought I'd take a shot at "Spider-Man".

Gargan is of course a terrible Venom, with the excellent Sinister Spider-Man miniseries being his only good story. Which is a real shame, since the concept of a Spider-Man that's accepted the worst influences in Peter's life (Osborn, the symbiote, wanting to murder JJJ) is a good one. He does offer some interesting mechanical possibilities, though.

NAME = SPIDER-MAN

SPECIES = SYMBIOTE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = IMPOSTOR
PERSONALITY = UNSTABLE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 2
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

WEB SLINGER
If Spider-Man did not move this turn, before attacking, you may choose a non-adjacent small or medium figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Spider-Man. Place Spider-Man adjacent to the chosen figure or place the chosen figure adjacent to Spider-Man. If Spider-Man attacks the chosen figure this turn, the chosen figure rolls 2 fewer defense dice. Figures moved by Web Slinger will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SYMBIOTIC IMPERSONATION
You may draft one other Mac Gargan figure that is a Symbiote and is not an Impostor. That Mac Gargan figure does not start the game on the battlefield. You can control only one Mac Gargan figure on the battlefield at a time.

SYMBIOTIC RAGE
When Spider-Man would be destroyed, replace this figure, if possible, with another Mac Gargan figure you control and remove this Mac Gargan figure from the game. After placing a Mac Gargan figure on the battlefield with Symbiotic Rage, you may move any Order Markers from this card to the Army Card of that Mac Gargan figure.

SUPER STRENGTH

NAME = VENOM

SPECIES = SYMBIOTE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ANTAGONIST
PERSONALITY = FEROCIOUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5 (?)

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 7

POINTS = ???

CANNIBAL CRAVING
If Venom destroys a figure other than an Android or a destructible object with his normal attack, you may remove 1 Wound Marker from this card. If the destroyed figure was a Unique Hero or Event Hero, you may take one additional turn with Venom.

TENDRIL SWING 2
Instead of his normal move, Venom may use his Tendril Swing. Tendril Swing has a move of 2. When counting spaces for Venom’s Tendril Swing movement, ignore elevations. Venom may swing over water without stopping, swing over figures without becoming engaged, and swing over obstacles such as ruins. Venom may not Tendril Swing more than 40 levels up or down in a single Tendril Swing. When Venom uses Tendril Swing, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks. After using Tendril Swing 2, you may use it one additional time.

WEAK-MINDED 3
If any player rolls the 20-sided die to take temporary or permanent control of Venom, that player may add 3 to the roll.

SUPER STRENGTH
I would like to see a nice Flash Thomson- Agent venom
Old September 9th, 2014, 11:07 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I'd also love to see Flash make it into C3G! Gardevoir has a design for him at the moment. (Here)
Old September 9th, 2014, 11:29 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post

Quote:
It's similar to the way the Sentinels were worked in as UnCommon with a power that makes them work like Common figures.
Sentinels are multi-life and have to be implemented as heroes. Also, Sentinel Networking doesn't really work this way.
I think I disagree with this part as I thought that is exactly the way it works...

Quote:
SENTINEL NETWORKING
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, instead of taking a turn with this Sentinel, you may take a turn with any other Sentinel you control.
You can put your order marker on any sentinel card you want but instead of moving that Sentinel you can choose any Sentinel and take a turn with it. Just like if Sentinel's were 1 life COMMON heroes with one card.

What am I missing?
The biggest difference is what I said right above the part you quoted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
As I said, there's no thematic reason why they should be able to move some figures and attack with others while the other C3G squads cannot do this.
The ability to move with some and attack with others is a very big deal, and it cuts against the way squad figures normally work. Thematically, when it is allowed, it usually means a "swarming" figure like insects or zombies or something.

Once you've eliminated that, it's just much easier to make them a squad. Yes, you have to add them in batches, but that, too, is how commons generally work in 'scape.
Old September 10th, 2014, 01:53 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

If theme is your only hang-up, I think you are way off base. Swarm movement is when 6+ figures are moving all at once, his idea still keeps the number of figures moving per OM limited to just 3. We see 4 figure squads with bonding move 5 figures per OM so 3 figures moving is definitely not swarming in nature. He is just allowing you to potentially attack with a different 3 figures that what you moved, which I see as akin to covering fire or tactical assault and containment maneuvers. The M.R.D. Troopers are a highly trained elite fighting force specifically tasked with taking Mutants head on, they should have much more effective combat tactics then a group of petty street thugs. Honestly with 5 range, 3 defense, & 1 life the best case scenario where you are moving 3 Troopers up from the rear or flanking with them while 3 different Troopers are in a position to not move yet still fire on someone will not be the common situation. More often then not you will still be moving into position and then firing with that same figure. Once a Trooper is in position to fire without needing to move, he won't live all that long. Even Jubilee will be able to reliably take out at least one of the Troopers with her 4 attack dice and she is just a sidekick activation after a better mutant gets to go.
Old September 10th, 2014, 02:38 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Better tactics than SHIELD Agents?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy