Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old April 4th, 2024, 02:39 PM

SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Help With Wurdz

I believe the standard is that if the thing isn't possible, it just doesn't happen. I think the "if possible" is just a bit of a formality.

Edit: Ah wait, the "all"/"as many" really does make your change seem necessary!
Old April 4th, 2024, 02:41 PM

ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for the help everyone! I will likely put these units on my customs thread at some point, I'm quite happy with how these abilities turned out!

Edit: quozl made a great point as I was typing that. Good eye!
Old April 4th, 2024, 10:52 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I'm glad I could help! Heh.

Thank you all so much for helping out Ryguy, and I'm really touched to see that this thread is now over 50 pages long. Ryguy, thank you for sharing your custom with us and if you still would like help with it, please share again with the language in its new form.

Thanks!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 22nd, 2024, 01:39 AM

Curt rolls all skulls baby! Curt rolls all skulls baby! Curt rolls all skulls baby! Curt rolls all skulls baby!

Fellow wurd enthusiasts.

I'm working on a personal custom and I'm looking for help. Here, I think the language works and makes sense as intended, but I also wrote the ability so of course it would make sense to me. But I also acknowledge it's very wordy and could be confusing to others.

For context, the power in question belongs to a 3-man squad of "Tortle" Warriors (think Lizardfolk but Turtles/Tortoises), while they have solid attack and great defense, they are a plodding unit with only a move of 3. This weakness is remedied by their Tortle Hero, a Water Mage Tortle named Majikobe. Majikobe can launch the Tortles 3 additional spaces in a straight line (think shell surfing along a powerful wave). If the Tortles "crash" into an enemy figure during or at the end of the movement, it's a beefier attack roll than their normal attack. Note that the idea of Majikobe's not using his special attack as a condition precedent is the theme of him exhausting his water magic for the duration of the player's turn.

1. Does the power work as intended, and even if so, is there a better way to phrase it more succinctly?
2. Are there any issues not addressed in the language?

FLOOD LAUNCH SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special, Attack 4

After moving and instead of attacking normally, any unengaged Stormshell Warrior within 2 clear sight spaces of Majikobe may use Flood Launch. When using Flood Launch, choose 4 spaces in a straight line from the Stormshell Warrior. Move the Stormshell Warrior on the chosen spaces, up to 3 spaces, counting elevation normally. If the Stormshell Warrior ends their movement adjacent to an opponent's figure that is on a chosen space, roll 4 attack dice against that figure. While using Flood Launch, Stormshell Warriors do not take leaving engagement attacks. Flood Launch can only be used if Majikobe did not use Deadly Torrent Special Attack during the player's turn.

Last edited by Curt; April 22nd, 2024 at 12:41 PM.
Old April 22nd, 2024, 01:06 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This is an AWESOME power, I love the theme of it. I really enjoyed digging into this one. Lets go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt View Post
Range Special, Attack 4

After moving and instead of attacking normally, any unengaged Stormshell Warrior within 2 clear sight spaces of Majikobe may use Flood Launch. When using Flood Launch, choose 4 spaces in a straight line from the Stormshell Warrior. Move the Stormshell Warrior on the chosen spaces, up to 3 spaces, counting elevation normally. If the Stormshell Warrior ends their movement adjacent to an opponent's figure that is on a chosen space, roll 4 attack dice against that figure. While using Flood Launch, Stormshell Warriors do not take leaving engagement attacks. Flood Launch can only be used if Majikobe did not use Deadly Torrent Special Attack during the player's turn.
Firstly, its periods, not commas in the range and attack line, FYI.

For the first part of the text, I'm stealing wording from the Vulcanmech Incendiborg's Flamethrower Special Attack, adding in the stipulations for being unengaged and within clear sight of the hero. This wording allows some figures to attack normally and some to attack with this special attack. It is also shorter by cutting out some unnecessary phrasing and is more specific by referencing "the attacking" figure.
"An unengaged Stormshell Warrior within 3 clear sight spaces of Majikobe may use Flood Launch Special Attack. Choose 4 spaces in a straight line from the attacking Stormshell Warrior."
The next part you have is pretty good, except I'm rearranging the first sentence to be a bit more specific and you don't need to specify attack dice in the power unless it is variable (like Samuel Brown's Fire and Rush). Clarified, It looks like this.
"Move the attacking Stormshell Warrior up to 3 spaces along the chosen spaces. If the Stormshell Warrior ends their movement adjacent to an opponent's figure on a chosen space, attack that figure."
And then the caveats at the end of the power. The first is good. The second has to be reworked. Unfortunately, the rules do not differentiate between a "player turn" and a "figure turn" and so while your wording is specific enough to explain your meaning accurately, you're using a term that does not exist. And solving it is tricky. What I've come up with would actually go at the bottom of Majikobe's Deadly Torrent Special Attack instead of here. (This assumes that the Stormshells have standard bonding that works with Majikobe, which I think is a valid assumption.)
"Until the next time you reveal an Order Marker, Stormsheel Warriors you control may not use their Flood Launch Special Attack."
So all together, It looks like this:

Quote:
Range Special. Attack 4.
An unengaged Stormshell Warrior within 3 clear sight spaces of Majikobe may use Flood Launch Special Attack. Choose 4 spaces in a straight line from the attacking Stormshell Warrior. Move the attacking Stormshell Warrior up to 3 spaces along the chosen spaces. If the Stormshell Warrior ends their movement adjacent to an opponent's figure on a chosen space, attack that figure. While using Flood Launch, Stormshell Warriors do not take leaving engagement attacks.
and

Quote:
DEADLY TORRENT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range #. Attack #.
... Until the next time you reveal an Order Marker, Stormsheel Warriors you control may not use their Flood Launch Special Attack.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet

Last edited by Vydar_XLIII; April 22nd, 2024 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Fixed 2 typos.
Old April 22nd, 2024, 01:24 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It can be simplified more. There's no need to put in anything about Majikobe's Deadly Torrent since if Majikobe is using Flood Launch, he can't use Deadly Torrent.

Quote:
Range Special. Attack 4.
Choose an unengaged Stormshell Warrior within 3 clear sight spaces of Majikobe. Choose 4 spaces in a straight line from the chosen figure. Move the chosen figure up to 3 spaces along the chosen spaces. If the chosen figure ends their movement adjacent to an opponent's figure on a chosen space, attack that figure. While using Flood Launch, the chosen figure does not take leaving engagement attacks.
The only problem is that any defensive powers will see Majikobe as the attacking figure, not the chosen figure being moved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old April 22nd, 2024, 01:45 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My understanding was that Flood Launch was on the Stormshells card, not Majikobe's.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
Old April 22nd, 2024, 02:42 PM

Curt rolls all skulls baby! Curt rolls all skulls baby! Curt rolls all skulls baby! Curt rolls all skulls baby!

Yes,Vydar is correct that Flood Launch is on the Stormshell card and Deadly Torrent is on Majikobe. Standard bonding language on the Stormshell card.
Old April 22nd, 2024, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar_XLIII View Post
This is an AWESOME power, I love the theme of it. I really enjoyed digging into this one. Lets go!

Oh these are very good suggestions! I’ll update the card tonight to make sure everything looks good. If anyone is curious, the minis used are shown here, https://imgur.com/a/h8CqFNM (the brown Druid’s yellow magic has been removed)
Old April 22nd, 2024, 03:13 PM

Is the bonding for "Tortle Hero" or is it a larger synergy web that includes other existing heroes?

Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
Old April 22nd, 2024, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Is the bonding for "Tortle Hero" or is it a larger synergy web that includes other existing heroes?
Just Tortle Hero for now, of which Majikobe is the only one. Though I guess I could explore something like “Reptilian Bonding” with Lizardfolk/Serpentfolk heroes also. Balancing that could get tricky, but it could be interesting
Old April 22nd, 2024, 10:47 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt View Post
Quote:
Just Tortle Hero for now, of which Majikobe is the only one. Though I guess I could explore something like “Reptilian Bonding” with Lizardfolk/Serpentfolk heroes also. Balancing that could get tricky, but it could be interesting
Excellent. I love all the help you've already gotten. Is there something more I (or we) can do for you right now, or does this mean you want to do a bit of tweaking?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards