Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old November 9th, 2021, 01:40 AM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Public Design Workshop

Here's where I landed on Prodigy from the discord ideas.
Quote:

NAME = PRODIGY
SECRET IDENTITY = DAVID ALLEYNE

SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = STUDENT
PERSONALITY = BRILLIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ?

PSYCHOMIMETIC SPONGE
At the beginning of each round, if possible, you must choose any Unique Hero within 5 spaces of Prodigy. For the remainder of the round, Prodigy is considered to have the Class listed on the chosen Hero's card in addition to his own.

PREDICTED DEFENSE
When an opponent's figure within 5 clear sight spaces attacks Prodigy with a normal attack and at least one skull is rolled, you may defend with Predicted Defense. When defending with Predicted Defense you may roll X fewer defense dice. After defending, if Prodigy has not been destroyed, you may view X order markers on the card of the attacking figure. When rolling defense dice against a normal attack, all blanks rolled count as additional shields.

XAVIER'S SCHOOL STRATEGIST
Once per round, after revealing a numbered Order Marker on the card of a Mutant Student you control, at the beginning of your turn, you may move any unrevealed Order Markers onto the cards of any Mutant Student cards in your army and, if you revealed a numbered Order Marker on Prodigy, you may choose an opponent's Unique Hero. The chosen Unique Hero rolls one fewer defense die when defending against Mutant figures you control this round.
The Mutant Student power could go a couple of directions. He could just have one of the Cyclops type powers, but better for Mutant Students, cause he basically has all the leadership skills/strategy of Cyclops, as well as Storm and Wolverine. But I think he prefers a less active role and has tried to turn away leadership before, despite being an excellent strategist. I figure his high-tech glasses might keep him in pretty constant communication with whatever team he's on, so that could be a reason for more where as long as he's on your team, you can just reveal an om on anyone and he's saying like no actually you two should do such and such.
Anyone more familiar with him please chime in. : )

Last edited by Splash; December 14th, 2021 at 11:46 PM.
Old November 9th, 2021, 07:34 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think most of our current students have sidekick type powers that give them turn bonding, so it might feel a bit redundant until we add more students.

The second power is pretty interesting, though it might need some rewording. You say that the player *must* roll X fewer dice, but you never really establish how X is chosen.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 9th, 2021, 12:29 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I think with the power copy set to Humans, he’ll naturally want weird hybrid builds where you bring your own Humans along. I think the first thing I’d try with him is a Cap build, using Prodigy to either double down on Cap’s boost or to keep Cap safe.
Old November 9th, 2021, 02:15 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I think most of our current students have sidekick type powers that give them turn bonding, so it might feel a bit redundant until we add more students.

The second power is pretty interesting, though it might need some rewording. You say that the player *must* roll X fewer dice, but you never really establish how X is chosen.
Yeah that "must" was a straight up typo lol, not my intention.

Last edited by Splash; December 14th, 2021 at 11:15 PM.
Old November 9th, 2021, 02:21 PM

Maybe he could have the om be on a Mutant, and you may then also take a turn with another Mutant or two Mutant students. That'd be three turns but most students are pretty cheap so it wouldn't be worse than facing Titans I don't think. Also it gets across he works best with Students, but can work with all Mutants, since a lot of the Students age up into the X-teams.
Old November 9th, 2021, 04:47 PM

redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Updated Foggy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redstang View Post
Nelson and Murdock, Attorneys at Law

NAME = FOGGY NELSON
SECRET IDENTITY = N/A

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CITIZEN
PERSONALITY = LOYAL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 3

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 40

CRIMINAL DISCOVERY
Before rolling for initiative, if there is at least one unrevealed Order Marker on this card, you may choose an opponent's Army Card. That opponent may allow you to view all unrevealed Order Markers on the chosen card. If they do not, for the remainder of the round, all figures for the chosen card have the Class of Criminal in addition to what is listed on the card.

ATTORNEY-CLIENT PRIVILEGE
At the start of the game you may choose one Unique Hero you control to be Foggy Nelson's Client. After revealing an Order Marker on his Client’s card and taking a turn with that Hero, you may move Foggy Nelson.

PROFESSIONAL REFERRAL
After revealing an Order Marker on the Army Card of a Client figure you control, instead of attacking normally with that figure, you may reveal the "X" Order Marker on this card to take an immediate turn with any Unique Vigilante, Crime Fighter, or Fighter figure you control. You may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.
Old November 9th, 2021, 07:11 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Love it. I’d just swap the order of the first two powers.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 10th, 2021, 11:26 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
Maybe he could have the om be on a Mutant, and you may then also take a turn with another Mutant or two Mutant students. That'd be three turns but most students are pretty cheap so it wouldn't be worse than facing Titans I don't think. Also it gets across he works best with Students, but can work with all Mutants, since a lot of the Students age up into the X-teams.
Personally I'd probably have him provide a benefit other than turn bonding altogether? I think he'd stand out more if he provided something else, Mutant leadership being a crowded field.
Old November 10th, 2021, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I think with the power copy set to Humans, he’ll naturally want weird hybrid builds where you bring your own Humans along. I think the first thing I’d try with him is a Cap build, using Prodigy to either double down on Cap’s boost or to keep Cap safe.
That's a good point, it'd be less on theme, but it could be limited to opponent's figures. Not sure which I prefer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Personally I'd probably have him provide a benefit other than turn bonding altogether? I think he'd stand out more if he provided something else, Mutant leadership being a crowded field.
Yeahh, I was thinking maybe using Assess Weakness instead, but something like Grid's Threat Analysis Network would be good.
Quote:
THREAT ANALYSIS NETWORK
At the start of the round, before Order Markers are placed, if Grid is in your Start Zone, you may choose an opponent's Unique Hero and roll the 20-sided die. Add the chosen Hero's Attack number to your roll. If you roll:
• 8 or higher, you may move one figure you control; and
• 16 or higher, the chosen Unique Hero rolls one fewer defense die when defending against figures you control this round, or two fewer defense dice when defending against Grid or his Study.
But benefitting Mutant Students, or maybe we could save Mutant Student hooks for another card idk.
Old November 13th, 2021, 03:51 PM

Posting a straight rip off of Lex Luthor for if we wanna expand on Kryptonite glyphs.

Quote:
NAME = RED KRYPTONITE
SUBTITLE = KRYPTONIAN CONTROL

KRYPTONITE EQUIPMENT GLYPH
After moving and before attacking, you may choose any Kryptonian Hero figure within 4 clear sight spaces of this figure. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 6 or higher, take temporary control of that hero and immediately take a turn with the chosen Hero. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen Hero returns to the player who controlled the Hero before this turn was taken. All Order Markers that were on the chosen Hero's card will stay on the card.
Potential mostly non-mechanical change to his card if it were wanted.
Quote:
RED KRYPTONITE CONTROL
Lex Luthor starts the game with one Glyph of Red Kryptonite on this card. The Glyph of Red Kryptonite cannot be removed from this card unless Lex Luthor is destroyed.
Old November 13th, 2021, 03:56 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I have a whole suite of Kryptonite Glyphs I brainstormed with Griff back in the day saved in my workshop.
Old November 13th, 2021, 04:04 PM

Oooo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy