Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old December 1st, 2018, 06:09 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Bummer to hear some local folks are ruining the hobby for you, Hambone!
It's okay Bats, I needed to step back a little anyway, as my gaming obsessiveness caused some issues at home, pretty bad time for awhile. And my heavy commitment to C3G came up as part of the discussion, as "even way back when you were doing that Heroscape project, you were obsessive about it. Then move on to board gaming, and painting miniatures. " So that hit home and I had to take a real look in the mirror and see how much time I actually put into gaming in one form or another. That's why for sure I was never going to come back to C3G, even for one design.

My buddy Chris's work schedule changed so that he started working Monday nights and couldn't make our meet up at the indoor soccer facility. He started going back to school as well, so that put a damper on things as well.

My buddy Brian was getting frustrated with the Monday night group (15- 20 people weekly ) as well and it made him not want to come home from work in Chicago and then head back out right away to the game night.

I was getting frustrated this year because I couldn't get my games played, other than a miniatures game at our monthly Saturday all day event with the facility available for 12 hours, instead of the 4 or 5 on Monday night. So it made me resentful, as there were people that would buy and bring every new game out there and a lot of people were into the cult of the new. Conversely, the same rotation of people seemed to play Terraforming Mars every week. So that are up available people for other games, not to mention make it intimidating for new people to want to join in because the regular players had everything down pat and it would suck for newbs.

There were also people that liked to get very loud and distracting, because it was just their personality or they were playing party type games.

Then there were people that could only play for a certain window of time because they were part of a campaign game they played there.

So when Brian asked me to join his DnD group, because I had expressed interest, that made it easier to not go out on Monday nights. Our group mostly play at Brian's house since it's centrally located for us . I'm 51 and had only a minor experience with DnD when I was a teen, as it always an elusive game experience for me fir one reason or another. Now it is my priority for time scheduling because of having to work around other's schedules.

I have also gotten more into miniatures games over the past few years. The hobby aspect of that eats up time, and even if u only get to play a particular game system a couple times a year, it's very rewarding. And, I have many miniatures games systems.

Another benefit of not going on Monday night, is that it costs money to rent the place. You pay $5 per visit if you only go once in a while (I had been doing this for the last few months before stopping ), or $15 for the month, or $40 for the quarter, which I had been doing for over 5 years. It's also a half hour away, so there is also the cost of has.

I still like most of the people there, but there has been a change of how things have played out over the past year that makes it so u don't miss going.

Besides DnD, I am still able to get together with people of similar interests on occasion to play some miniatures games or whatever.

I am spending more time hanging out with my wife now and doing more of the little considerate things I may have overlooked before. I have always spent a lot of time with my daughters as they have many of the same interests as me, particularly with television shows, movies, outdoor activities etc. But I had given up reading books other than rulebooks, and seldom watched football or hockey as much. Now I'm reading books again, enjoying my Bears again and hockey again.

More diversified and happier than ever, other than my bad rotator cuff, tennis elbow in both elbows, and my back that I F'd up bad this morning. Sucks getting old.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Hahma; December 1st, 2018 at 06:26 PM.
Old December 1st, 2018, 08:30 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Balance is key for sure! Glad you're putting family first and still finding time for fun. I can't think of a more perfect way to do things.

Bears suck, though.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 1st, 2018, 08:43 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Balance is key for sure! Glad you're putting family first and still finding time for fun. I can't think of a more perfect way to do things.

Bears suck, though.
Beat your Lions with our backup QB that only had like 4 previous starts ,)

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 1st, 2018, 09:36 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I know. I think he tripled his career number of TDs or something.

But if you have to mention how you beat the Lions, that just shows how low the bar is for success.

27 years and counting since our last playoff win! 61 years since our last championship.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 2nd, 2018, 03:11 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yeah, saying you beat the Lions is really scraping the bottom of the barrel of accomplishments. Now losing to the Lions, that is special.
Lions are pure gold at making back-up QBs look like world beaters.
Flynn to win!
Old December 3rd, 2018, 08:17 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I played my first game of Keyforge last week. I'm looking forward to playing a few more times to see how much I really like it.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 3rd, 2018, 09:11 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Tomorrow I'll be trying the character mode for Near and Far for the first time. Should be fun!

Old December 4th, 2018, 06:22 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I played my first game of Keyforge last week. I'm looking forward to playing a few more times to see how much I really like it.
Waiting for some KeyForge Decks to arrive with a recent online purchase (sold out everywhere locally). Looking forward to playing it.

Newb.
Old December 4th, 2018, 06:49 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie View Post
Waiting for some KeyForge Decks to arrive with a recent online purchase (sold out everywhere locally). Looking forward to playing it.

Newb.
I like that the objective is not to destroy the other player (that's partially true in StoneBlade's new Shards of Infinity as well). So far it takes a little while to forge the first key but it seems to snowball after that. There are lots of counters. It's different from every other Deckbuilder I've played so far.

--
--
--

--
Old December 4th, 2018, 06:55 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I spoke too soon and the decks arrived:

First one: The Stone Kahn (Dis, Mars and Brobnar) Cool Name

Second one: "Burps" Kevan, Mausoleom Thegn (Brobnar, Untamed and Dis) Love the name!

Newb.
Old December 4th, 2018, 07:09 PM

My deck was a gift from a coworker.
Shah "Outback" Evolyte (Mars, Dis, Shadows)

--
--
--

--
Old December 4th, 2018, 07:28 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie View Post

Newb.
I like that the objective is not to destroy the other player (that's partially true in StoneBlade's new Shards of Infinity as well). So far it takes a little while to forge the first key but it seems to snowball after that. There are lots of counters. It's different from every other Deckbuilder I've played so far.
I thought you didn't do any deckbuilding in KeyForge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games