Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old July 4th, 2011, 12:55 PM

Billtrumpet25 is surprisingly tart
Lightbulb Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

I don't know if there's a thread like this already, but I figured I might as well give it a shot....

This thread's purpose is really to discuss the second part of the movie (and the first part, too), whether by analyzing it or just commenting on it. You can also mention any plans you have for the midnight opening.

FYI-AZ (Phoenix)...There will be a brass quintet (led by me) at the Harkins theater on Happy Valley Rd the night of the midnight opening. We will be playing HP music...should be fun.
Old July 4th, 2011, 02:09 PM

cavebehr has disabled reputation
Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

I plan to see it when does it open nation wide?
Old July 4th, 2011, 06:21 PM

July 15th (Thursday night at midnight).
Old July 4th, 2011, 06:50 PM

Charr21 Woo who?

I'm angry I can't go to midnight showing I am at camp. That means I would have never gone to a midnight showing of a HP movie. Grrrr...

But I am excited about seeing it after camp. I really hope they put a lot of effort into the Battle of Hogwarts part. They better not screw it up.

The best thing to say when your best unit has been destroyed:

What is this?
Old July 4th, 2011, 07:23 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

Yeah, well, you know all of the things they messed up or cut from previous movies, they were saving it all for this. I can't wait to see it. We went to the midnight showing of the first, and hopefully we'll go to the midnight showing for this one, too.

Harry Potter for the win!

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old July 4th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charr21 View Post
That means I would have never gone to a midnight showing of a HP movie. Grrrr...
You can still go to a midnight showing. It just won't be the opening day midnight showing.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old July 14th, 2011, 12:02 AM
Drives for Utgar

Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby!

Taking my Son this Friday, he is a huge fan.

I would rather bite the belly of the beast as it swallows me whole then run from it!
Old July 14th, 2011, 04:00 PM

Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker

I'm going to watch it tonight and I already have tickets! I am not a HUGE HP fan, but I have read all of the books. I am very excited to see the final battle and all of the secrets revealed (even though I already know them).

Never draw fire; it irritates everyone around you.
~Murphy's Laws of Combat
Old July 14th, 2011, 05:07 PM

KRUG! knows what's in an order marker KRUG! knows what's in an order marker

My wife and her sister started the line for the midnight show at our local theatre over an hour ago. It's almost 100 degrees here in Georgia and the theatre management made them start the line outside!
Old July 14th, 2011, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRUG! View Post
My wife and her sister started the line for the midnight show at our local theatre over an hour ago. It's almost 100 degrees here in Georgia and the theatre management made them start the line outside!
I can sympathize...it's 100+ here in Phoenix, too. That's dedication if they're willing to wait hours in line. Though you guys have humidity, which is a killer (I previously lived in Illinois, so humidity is no stranger).

And I'll be playing trumpet in the heat for ambience (well, it'll be more of a concert), so I REALLY sympathize with how hot it'll get. It's good for us that the line will be outside.

Will you be going to the HP movie, or is it just your wife and sister-in-law?

If you are, have fun...

If not, have fun anyway.
Old July 14th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Christmas Custom Contest Champion

sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby!

I'm going tomorrow at 10 am, all the midnight showings were sold out. But I get to see it in Imax 3D, so that will be awesome.

2 time winner of the Gencon Team Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Special Attacks are severely modified by death.
Trade Thread Selling most of my collection!
Old July 14th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I will not be seeing it in 3D as I have yet to see a movie that was converted to 3D that wasn't far too dark or had poor effects.

2D for me all the way.

Filmmakers need to realize they will ruin 3D if they don't actually use 3D camera's. It looks like crap when they don't.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies