Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: Is Marvel balanced enough for normal games of Classic Scape?
Marvel is TOO STRONG! A resounding NO! 17 36.96%
It's all good, Marvel SHOULD be okay to mix with Classic. 29 63.04%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 11th, 2011, 11:36 PM
Online HS Seasons 5 & 9 Champion

Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby! Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby! Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby! Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby!
Question Marvel Vs Classic

In another thread, we accidentally came upon this discussion. There are several people who claim that Marvel does not imbalance gameplay and are in fact "equal" to Classic, and that there is NO problem playing a game of one side fully Marvel and another fully Classic.

In my opinion, Marvel should NEVER be mixed. My reasons:

-The biggest, most official HS tournament is held in GenCon. NO MARVEL ALLOWED.
-I played many playtest games like this and most had a similar result of Thanos flying over to enemy zone within 1 single turn and taking out the most expensive unit in one blow. There are many other Marvel crazy powerhouses, think Hulk and Silver Surfer.
-It is NO excuse that Marvel is equal if there is only 1 or 2 build (that spams on massive squads) to beat Marvel. (such as spamming vipers/ stingers etc) In a realistic match, Classic would usually contain mixed heroes and squads for a strong tournament army. Try matching those against Thanos etc.

I am very shocked that there are fellow scapers who find it is absolutely fine to play mixed. Please throw your vote as I am really serious in finding out whether majority finds Marvel as imbalanced as I do. My HS circle does play Marvel, but we NEVER mix the two (Classic) together.

Life is short, make a deep impact before you leave. The only question at the end of the day is - Was the world a better place for having had you?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion