Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

View Poll Results: Will you mix Marvel figures with Classic figures in your games?
Yes! I love everything about the idea 42 61.76%
No! I like both, but I don't like the mix 5 7.35%
No! I don't like Comic Heroes 5 7.35%
No! I don't like Classic Heroscape 0 0%
Sometimes! 16 23.53%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 12th, 2007, 08:24 AM

Teamski is surprisingly tart
Will you mix Marvel and Classic figures in your games

I figured that it was worth a poll to see just how many of us plan on mixing Marvel with Classical figures.....

-Ski
Old July 12th, 2007, 09:19 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Sometimes. There was no option for sometimes Teamski . We will without a doubt be matching Hulk and the good guys up against hordes of Soulborgs and Orcs. Not every game....but some.

I don't know a ton about the Marvel Characters outside of the X-Men, but I think it would be pretty cool to use Doom as my leader with an army of robots/soulborgs as his troops.

"One good thing about music, when it hits, you feel no pain"
http://web.bobmarley.com/index.jsp

"It's not a lie, if you believe it" - George Costanza

Old July 12th, 2007, 09:51 AM

Supergeek knows what's in an order marker Supergeek knows what's in an order marker
I'm in no hurry to pick up MarvelScape, but when I do(or can afford to), I will most likely play them as seperate games.

I <3 HeroScape tournaments!
Old July 12th, 2007, 10:10 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I think this has been done (several times), but I really have never minded repeating myself:

I'll mix them, but not very often. Right now, I'm liking how each provides a unique style and game experience. Classic Heroscape is more about big battles with lots of troops, where positioning and movement are extremely important, while Marvelscape finally gives characters with stats large enough to have impressive, hero on hero battles in a relatively small environment. That's not to say Capt America might not occasionally lead the 4th Mass, or the Microcorp Agents might not act as SHIELD for a while, but for the most part, I prefer to keep the games somewhat distinct.

The poll is definitely lacking the "sometimes" option
Old July 12th, 2007, 10:38 AM

Teamski is surprisingly tart
Yeah, sorry about that. I can't change the poll.....

-Ski
Old July 12th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Sometimes added.
Old July 12th, 2007, 11:01 AM

Cigarman has disabled reputation
I am violently opposed to mixing a fully compatable MHS (with some of my favorite Marvel Characters) into my HS games. There is no way that an HS Castle set would work for Castle Doom anyway. Expanding my game options and enjoyment is the last thing I want to do, so I'm gonna keep the two seperate, no matter how much fun I'll have mixing the two.

Cigarman

PS: Hey Ski, still organizing HS games in Dover? When do you play nowdays?
Old July 12th, 2007, 11:17 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
All day, every day!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 12th, 2007, 11:39 AM

txedomask has disabled reputation
I am with IAB, gotta mix in the Marvel flavor
Old July 12th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
I'll mix them in with my regular 'Scape collection. I won't have a Superman in every army, but when I draft them, I'll draft them as I would Marcus, or Sgt. Drake, or Brunak.
Old July 12th, 2007, 12:22 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I think this would be the order that I would play Marvelscape and Heroscape...

Regular Heroscape - tops 20 games a week
Mixed - tops 4 games a week (I'm still unsure of the power of the supers and how well regulars can take them down.)
Marvelscape - tops 2 games a week (not enough variation yet)

Old July 12th, 2007, 02:10 PM

Turtleboy has disabled reputation
Heres the thing. Old School Heroscape is like a pizza. Its plain, everyone likes a good ole' cheese pizza, but you need peperoni (MarvelScape). Sure you can eat the peproni by itself, but you gotta put it on the pizza too!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion