Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books
Books Not Heroscape-related.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 30th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: George R. R. Martin (as well as other recommendations)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahavice View Post
I actually got hooked on the books from watching the HBO series which I thought was one of the best tv shows I have ever seen. I started reading the first book when episode 5 was on HBO and I couldnt put the book down, actually finishing the first book before episode 10 was over.

Even knowing the major events that were going to happen in episodes 9 and 10, I still thought they were great. I am now in the middle of book 3 and this has become my favorite book series of all time.

The character development and discription of places and things is FANTASTIC in this series. I actually feel like I am FREEZING when they are beyond the Wall and burning up when they are crossing the Dothraki desert. I have heard from several people that Book 4 is the slowest and hardest read to get through. Hopefully that isn't true.

I would encourage anyone to read this wonderful series.

Glad you like it Omahavice. I'm on my second reading of the series to get familiar with it again before reading DWD. I'm on the third book presently.

I only got to see 3 episodes of the HBO series when they had a free weekend of it and I have those three DVR'd. I'll likely rent the series from the video store when it comes out or buy the series. From what I saw of it, they did it great.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books