Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old November 27th, 2013, 12:08 AM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: CLVI Legion- Legoboy's 5th Grade HeroScape Club

This is awesome. Creating the next generation of 'scapers!
Old May 19th, 2014, 06:46 PM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!
Cool Re: CLVI Legion- Legoboy's 5th Grade HeroScape Club

We've had a busy season. Almost twenty of my new class of fifth graders play along with four returning students. I created a video to share my pics, let's see if I can post it.

Here
Old June 17th, 2014, 11:43 PM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!

What's up Dund?

We started this year's session of Summer 'Scape today with a different scoring method. All players must have Dund as part of their 610 point army, and players are awarded points based on their use of Dund. For more information on that, check out this posting.

Our first matchup was between the Sugary Kiwi and Catgirl.

Sugary Kiwi finished in third place in our end of year tournament behind Captain Canuck and myself. She played an army consisting of Syvarris, Otonashi, 10th Regiment, Deathreavers and Dund.

Catgirl played a Vydar pod of Q9, the Nakitas and Krav Maga, Raelin, Marcu and Dund.

Props to Sugary Kiwi for one of the best "I hate the way I look in pictures" faces ever.

During the game Sugary Kiwi used Dund to kill a Nakita and Catgirl's Dund, as well go 1 for 6 on Crippling Gaze. Additionally she used Dund to make the final kill of the game. Catgirl went 2 for 4 on Crippling Gaze. Sugary Kiwi won the game.

Our second game of the day featured the ShogUn and Cruz Control.

ShogUn's army featured Krug and Atlaga along with 4th Mass, Deathreavers and Dund.

Cruz Control got a little creative with his build, playing Dr. Doom and Q10 with the 4th Regiment, a Black Wyrmling and Dund.

ShogUn played the game safe, keeping Dund in his start zone (players earn 50 points if their Dund survives) and inactive the whole game. Cruz Control was able to use his Crippling gaze once out of five tries.

Game three was played between 2Kool and Olaf. Olaf was the fourth place finisher in our classroom tournament.

Olaf played with Moriko and the Greenies using Charos as his Lizard King, and of course Dund.

2Kool matched Dund up with some Minions, the Krav Maga, Otonashi and some Marro Drones.

Both of the players kept their Dunds to themselves for the better part of the game. Olaf's Dund was able to destroy one of the Minions, and 2Kool's Dund attempted only one Crippling Gaze, which was successful.

Battle number four featured Thor against Rico.

Thor stuck with a four-legged theme for most of his army. He played Four squads of Deathstalkers and Dund along with the Krav Maga Agents.

Rico's army had Brunak and Major Q10 assisting Dund, along with some Stingers, a handful of Roman Legionnaires and even some Deathreavers. His tournament army of Cyprien, Marcus and Legionnaires saw him through two victories.

Here, Thor's Dund (foreground) runs into Rico's Deathreavers, while Rico's Dund begins to close in on the hunt.

Thor was able to go 2 for 6 on Crippling Gaze attempts, and came away with the win. Rico also went 2 for 6 on Crippling Gaze, but also used his own Dund to destroy Thor's Doggin earning Rico some additional points.
Despite his loss, Rico's use of Dund allowed him to finish ahead of two of the day's winners! Kudos to you, my friend.

The last game of the day was a hard fought contest between the IceMaster and myself.

IceMaster was our school's valedictorian this year and is the only student member of the club to have been playing since its beginning. I personally want to congratulate him on his accomplishments and wish him the best of luck with his future endeavors. Thanks for playing, Ice. Drop by for a game anytime.

I played an army of two Fen Hydras, the Krav Maga Agents, Dund and four squads of Deathreavers.

IceMaster played his go-to army of Grimnak, Ne-Gok-Sa, Raelin, Isamu, Krav Maga Agents, Tarn Vikings and Marro Warriors and of course Dund.

I was fortunate enough to take the Wound glyph at the beginning of the game and hold it for the duration. One of my Hydras moved out and quickly took out half of Ice's Marro Warriors. If you look to the right, you can see my Dund already on the prowl, and looking to the left, you can see that Dund has a turn coming this round as well.

The Hydra wasn't satisfied with MArro Warriors and moved out of the swamp to devour two of Ice's agents.

I kept Dund out of the line of fire while Ice's ranged units were on the map, then brought him out behind the rat screen.

IceMaster countered by bringing his own Dund into the fray. Fortunately for me, my Dund was too far away for the effects of Crippling Gaze.

IceMaster loaded turn markers onto his Dund hoping to turn the tide of the battle. He was able to destroy two Deathreavers with the Doggin, and went 2 for 5 in Crippling Gaze attempts. My own Dund was able to destroy Ne-Gok-Sa late in the game and made 2 successful attempts out of 7 on Crippling Gaze, including removing two order markers from Grimnak who was within range of my two remaining Krav Maga.

Standings after 1 game

11th- 0 points- Captain Canuck- He didn't play due to his gall bladder being removed only three days prior, but whatever.
10th- 50 points- 2Kool (0 wins)
9th- 110 points- Cruz Control- (0 wins)
8th- 130 points- Catgirl (0 wins)
7th- 165 points- IceMaster (0 wins)
6th- 185 points- Olaf (1 win)
5th- 200 points- ShogUn (1 win)
4th- 270 points- Rico (0 wins)
3rd- 310 points- Thor (1 win)
2nd- 465 points- Legoboy (1 win)
1st- 575 points- Sugary Kiwi (1 win)

Last edited by legoboy; June 19th, 2014 at 08:58 AM. Reason: It was late last night, and I'm supposed to work and stuff.
Old June 25th, 2014, 02:00 PM

Yesterday's club session was really competitive and fun. Despite the fact that its summer break, we still have club in our school. Word about our club is getting around and an administrator and two teachers stopped by to see what it was all about.

Game 1- Thor vs. 2Kool

Thor is a huge fan of the Werewolf Lord. When we play casual games at one of our homes, he usually brings at least one army using the biggest dog in Valhalla. His army yesterday consisted of a Werewolf Lord, some Wolves of Badru, a dozen Arrow Gruts and Dund. 2Kool played with an army showcasing Ullar's strength, Jotun, Charos, Greenies and Dund.

Thor led with the Wolves, while 2Kool sent Jotun as her lead. The werewolf was able to infect the giant with Lycanthropy, but while taking considerable damage. Thor was successful with his only attempt at Crippling Gaze, while 2Kool went 2 for 5. 2Kool won the match by quickly taking out the werewolf and sent Thor home with his tail tucked between his legs.

Game 2-Cruz Control vs. Catgirl

Cruz Control enjoys the flexibility of Major Q10's two different special attacks. He arrived at club early to be sure he could but the Soulborg in his army along with Marcus and some Redcoats, Marcu Esenwein and Dund. Catgirl also showed up early, hoping to snatch Knights away from Sugary Kiwi. She was successful and played Sir Dupuis and three squads of KoWs with Theracus and Dund.

Cruz Control relied on Q10 and the soldiers to do most of his work. He used Dund sparingly and went 2 for 4 on Crippling Gaze attempts. Catgirl really put Dund to work, using him to destroy three of the British soldiers, Marcu and Marcus. She also rolled for a successful Crippling Gaze 4 out of 6 times. With that kind of success, her win wasn't too difficult to obtain. Catgirl wins.

Game 3- Rico vs. IceMaster

For this week's game, Rico chose to play a hodgepodge of figures; Major Q10, two Dumutef Guards, Mezzodemons, Phantom Knights, Otonashi and Dund. IceMaster stuck with his tried and true grouping of Grimnak, Ne-Gok-Sa, Raelin, Isamu, Krav Maga Agents, Tarn Vikings and Marro Warriors and of course Dund.

IceMaster has played that army successfully for four years now, and was able to defeat Rico's band of misfits. Ice did use Dund to destroy a single Phantom, and missed on 8 Crippling Gaze attempts. Rico went 2 for 2 on Crippling Gaze before his Dund was destroyed. IceMaster for the win.

Game 4- FedoraLord vs. Sugary Kiwi vs. Legoboy (3 player FFA)

Some of you may recognize FedoraLord. He has been on here before, but always as Legoboy's Boy. I figure that now that he's a sophomore, he can be his own person.
The downside to FedoraLord is that the kid is good, and when I realized that I would be playing against both him and Sugary Kiwi, I started to doubt my chances. Sugary Kiwi's score last week left her 100 points ahead of me, and I wasn't going to close the gap if I lost.

FedoraLord played with Kurrok and the Elementals (4 each of fire, water and air) plus Dund. Sugary Kiwi played Syvarris, Eldgrim, three squads of 4th Mass, Dund and a whole mess of Rats. I played the same army as last week; two Hyrdas, Krav Maga, three squads of 'Reavers and Dund.

The Kiwi flooded the board with her rats, flooded. They were everywhere. FedoraLord sent Dund straight at me, and Fire Elementals at Sugary Kiwi. I decided to stay at home, keep my Rats between my Agents and everyone, like the Great Wall of Hamlin (maybe). I sent a hydra at FedoraLord, knowing that if I could quickly destroy Kurrok, he would be crippled. On the way to Kurrok, my Hydra just happened to find himself on height against Dund, so I wiped the doggin out. A few turn later, Kurrok met the same fate and FedoraLord was no longer a problem. By this time, Sugary Kiwi had 4th Mass and her rats all over the board, and now her Dund was prowling around also. I knew that if I were to catch up on points, I needed to get mine moving too. I still had Dund behind my wall of rats, so I crippled her Deathreavers before moving him out.

At this point, the Kiwi was focused on taking FedoraLord out of the game (in a three player game, under our scoring method, 2nd place scores some points). She spent more energy beating his remaining elementals than she probably would have normally. I was able to be active with Dund, making several attempts at Crippling Gaze and trying repeatedly to destroy one lone Deathreaver. When she brought Syvarris out, I sent my Hydra to deal with the Elf. Kiwi bogged the Hydra down with Rats and the 4th Mass and Syvarris shredded him. Finally, I had no recourse left but to spring my Agents out from behind the wall and go attack. And attack they did, wiping out the remaining 4th mass and Syvarris in a quick series of turns.

In the end I was victorious, but used my Agents to destroy Eldgrim (to try to speed up the game) instead of holding off and trying to destroy him with Dund. With our scoring system i would have earned an additional 100 points if Dund made the finishing kill. I hope those 100 points don't come back to haunt me.

My Dund only killed a Deathreaver, Kiwi's killed a Fire Elemental and FedoraLord's didn't destroy anything. I was able to successfully roll Crippling Gaze 5 out of ten times, Kiwi 3 out of 6, and FedoraLord's didn't have any attempts. Legoboy for the win (250 points), Sugary Kiwi for 2nd (100 points).

Standings- After 2 Games
11th- 0 points- Fedoralord (0 wins)
10th- 185 points- Olaf (1 win) (6th last week)
9th- 200 points- ShogUn (1 win) (5th last week)
8th- 240 points- Cruz Control (0 wins) (9th last week)
7th- 345 points- 2Kool (1 win) (10th last week)
6th- 360 points- Thor (1 win) (3rd last week0
5th- 400 points- Rico (0 wins) (4th last week)
4th- 425 points- IceMaster (1 win) (7th last week)
3rd- 710 points- Catgirl (1 win) (8th last week)
2nd- 905 points- Sugary Kiwi (1 win) (1st last week)
1st- 1100 points- Legoboy (2 wins) (2nd last week)

Ranking is based on cumulative points, but I always like to see how people are doing in points per game (PPG) also.
10th- Cruz Control- 120 PPG (8th overall)
9th- 2Kool- 172.5 PPG (7th overall)
8th- Thor- 180 PPG (6th overall)
7th- Olaf- 185 PPG (10th overall)
5th- tie- Rico and ShogUn- 200 PPG (5th and 9th overall, respectively)
4th- Icemaster- 212.5 PPG (4th overall)
3rd- Catgirl- 355 PPG- (3rd overall)
2nd- Sugary Kiwi- 452.5 PPG (2nd overall)
1st- Legoboy- 550 PPG (1st overall)
Old July 9th, 2014, 12:37 PM

Six student members of the CLVI Legion along with four adult members met yesterday and spent part of our meeting enjoying cake and pop. From a personal perspective, the past ten years of gaming have been great and I look forward to playing and sharing this fantastic game for several more years.

back row from left to right: Ricktator, the ShogUn, Thor, FedoraLord and Legoboy
front row, left to right: Rico, Olaf, Cruz Control and Sugary Kiwi

Due to the severe storms in the Chicago area last week, we were not able to meet. Our school was without power for two days and 2Kool had a tree fall through her roof and another on top of her car.

The Games

Game 1- Ricktator vs. Thor

Ricktator played Q9 and a pair of Iron Golems along with Isamu, some Roman Archers and Dund. Thor used an Arrow Grut build with Mimring, Nerak and 2 regular Swog Riders, an Ice Troll Berserker and Dund.

Thor was able to use his Dund to destroy one of the Golems, and went 1 for 2 on Crippling Gaze for a total of 165 points. The Ricktator won the game, scoring 150. With the rules of this session being what they are, Thor came out on top in this matchup.

Game 2- Rico vs. Sugary Kiwi

Rico struggled to come up with an army that he was happy with. Eventually he chose Othkurik and Krug along with Stingers, Knights, Goblins and Dund. Sugary Kiwi brought Q9, some Tagawa Archers and Deathreavers and Dund.

Sugary Kiwi was in second place coming in to this week and played like a champion. She used her Deathreavers and Tagawa Archers to keep a wall between Rico's troops and her own Dund. The Kiwi used Dund to destroy two of the 4th Massachusetts Line (not really sure how Rico squeezed those into his army, since they weren't on his registration sheet), 4 of the Knights, a Goblin and Rico's Dund. She also went 5 for 14 on Crippling Gaze, and used her Dund to make the final kill of the game. With all of her efforts to keep Dund active and earning the win, Sugary Kiwi earned a whopping 845 points! Our highest single game score using this scoring method. In his loss, Rico was able to only try Crippling Gaze once earning him 15 points.

Game 3- Cruz Control vs. FedoraLord

Cruz Control played this game with Major Q10, Omnicron Snipers and Microcorp Agents, Marro Warriors and Dund. FedoraLord called on the IX Roman Legion to get the job done; he played Marcus, Legionnaires, Roman Archers, Guilty and Dund.

Both players kept their Dunds active in this game. Cruz Control tried Crippling Gaze five times, missing each attempt, but earning 75 points. FedoraLord tried Crippling Gaze seven times, with two successes. He also used Dund to pick off a Sniper, one of Cruz Control's agents and Cruz's Dund. With Dund's survival and FedoraLord's win he earned a total of 545 points to rocket him out of the bottom of the standings and into the top third.

Game 4-Olaf vs. ShogUn vs. Legoboy

This past weekend I drove an hour west to pick up a new figure for club, Sir Gilbert (Including all 13 dice, card and dicebag for $10! What a steal!). Olaf wasted no time in getting the flagbearer into battle, taking Gilbert some Knights, Nilfheim and Dund. ShogUn played an Ogre Warhulk, Krug and a Hydra with some Deathchasers and Dund. Legoboy played Cyprien, Shades and Marro Warriors along with Dund.

All three of us were hesitant to take our Dunds into battle against the likes of Krug, Cyprien, Nilfheim and the Knights. All four of those posed serious threats to the doggins. As the number of monsters roaming around got cut down, we brought out the Dunds. ShogUn's Dund was frozen dead in his little puppy tracks by one powerful blast from Olaf's Nilfheim. Olaf's own Dund was pounded at from a combination of the Warhulk and Cyprien, but managed 1 successful try out of three before being destroyed. My Dund moved out last, and made three unsuccessful attempts at Olaf's Knights (I rolled a 2 all three times!!!) before the Knights put him out of his misery. A very angry Krug (5 wounds) destroyed Nilfheim in one turn before moving to wipe Olaf's remaining Knights and Gilbert from the board. Krug however was not able to catch up to my wildly scrambling and regenerating Marro Warriors before they added his last three wounds. I won and ShogUn finished second in a close game that really could have gone any direction.

Olaf's Sir Gilbert beckons to his fellow knights, encouraging them to hurry up against my Shade and join him in glorious battle.

Standings- After 3 Games
13th- 0 points- Captain Canuck (0 wins)
12th- 150 points- Ricktator (1 win)
11th- 265 points- Olaf (1 win) (10th last week)
10th- 300 points- ShogUn (1 win) (9th last week)
9th- 315 points- Cruz Control (1 win) (8th last week)
8th- 345 points- 2Kool- (1 win) (7th last week)
7th- 400 points- Rico- (0 wins) (5th last week)
6th- 425 points- IceMaster (1 win) (4th last week)
5th- 525 points- Thor (1 win) (6th last week)
4th- 545 points- FedoraLord (1 win) (11th last week)
3rd- 710 points- Catgirl (1 win) (3rd last week)
2nd- 1395 points- Legoboy (3 wins) (1st last week)
1st- 1750 points- Sugary Kiwi (2 wins) (2nd last week)

Ranking is based on cumulative points, but I always like to see how people are doing in points per game (PPG) also.
12th- Cruz Control- 105 PPG (9th overall)
11th- Olaf- 132.5 PPG (11th overall)
10th- Rico- 133.3 PPG (7th overall)
8th- tie- ShogUn and Ricktator- 150 PPG (10th and 12th overall, respectively)
7th- 2Kool- 172.5 PPG (8th overall)
6th- Thor- 175 PPG (5th overall)
5th- IceMaster- 212.5 PPG (6th overall)
4th- FedoraLord- 272.5 PPG (4th overall)
3rd- Catgirl- 355 PPG- (3rd overall)
2nd- Legoboy- 465 PPG (2nd overall)
1st- Sugary Kiwi- 583.3 PPG (1st overall)
Old November 8th, 2018, 11:52 AM

Season 5

Placeholder post.

Plans are underway to find the photos that should be here.
Old November 8th, 2018, 11:53 AM

Season 6

Placeholder post.

Old November 8th, 2018, 11:53 AM

Season 7

Placeholder post.

Old November 8th, 2018, 11:55 AM

Season 8
2018-2019

Teaching, having four kids and still running a HeroScape Club takes a ton of time and energy. I've fallen way behind in keeping this thread current. I'm hoping to change that.

Find the date of the Club meeting you're looking for and click the link to jump directly to that post.

November 7- First Day of Club!

Last edited by legoboy; November 8th, 2018 at 12:42 PM.
Old November 8th, 2018, 12:03 PM

November 7- First day of Club!!!

Seven excited new members kicked off their HeroScape lives today. Before playing we went over the basic rules: order markers, initiative, what to do when its your turn. Once that was over each member was given a premade 350 point army and time to read their cards. Just as importantly, they were given time to read their opponent's cards. We busted out the maps and dice and got down to business!

Enjoy the photos.

I found a great little article on how to improve your play. Some members may find it helpful. Click here to read.

Last edited by legoboy; November 8th, 2018 at 12:47 PM.
Old November 8th, 2018, 01:14 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

This is a great thing Legoboy!

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 8th, 2018, 01:28 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Those kiddos are having a blast!

May I ask what board that U-shaped board, using the swamp and jungle terrain? It looks cool!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events