Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 31st, 2023, 04:17 AM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Count Nefaria - VOTE for Public Testing

yea
Old April 2nd, 2023, 02:37 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Need two more votes for mass villainy.
Old April 2nd, 2023, 03:07 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Yea
Old April 3rd, 2023, 07:29 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yea

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 3rd, 2023, 08:56 AM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This passes!
Old April 4th, 2023, 04:22 PM

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Count Nefaria - Public Playtesting

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Count Nefaria

Version tested:
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Maggia Drop Site
Units: 1000 pts – Count Nefaria 440, Hammerhead 150, Eel 170, Goons x4 240 VS 1000 pts – Thor 430, Bucky 60, Captain America 240, Iron Man 270
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units: 1000 pts – Nefaria 440, Hammerhead 150, Madame Masque 210, Goons x3 180 VS 1000 pts – Grim Reaper, Wonder Man, Atlas, Firefly
Spoiler Alert!

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: So as is at 440 points I like the design. It took me playing with him to get a better grasp on “The Might of the Maggia” power. It's a really versatile power that was effect quite a few powers. Paired with Hammerhead and Madame Masque and supported by Goons it can be strong in the right spot. It's probably good that it's once a round. All in all he went 1 and 1 losing a close game to a strong Avengers team and soundly beating a B-level Grim Reaper team. Although if Madame Masque didn't come back or if Count Nefaria didn't heal a couple of wounds they would have lost, so maybe not that big of a win. I wonder if there is a need for Investment Markers on his card. I'd rather just have The Might power just be an X-power. As I said I think he is good as is but I do have a couple of suggestions that might add more flavor to the card but not change the meat of the design:

OLD WORLD MONEY
At the start of the game you may add one additional Investment Marker to each Army Card you control that start the game with an Investment Marker on it's card.

THE MIGHT OF THE MAGGIA
After an opponent's figure or a Criminal, Crime Lord, or Mastermind you control rolls attack dice for a normal or special attack and before defense dice are rolled, you may reveal an X Order Marker on this card. If you do change one die rolled to a blank.

IONIC LASER SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 6.

After attacking with this special attack, for each blank rolled, you may choose a figure adjacent to the targeted figure. Roll one unblockable attack die against each chosen figure. If you have more blanks than your opponent you may remove a Wound Marker from this Army Card.

Count Nefaria is supposed to be the head of the European Maggia and be pretty rich, getting rid of the markers on his card makes sense if we are dropping them from the Might power. It also allows it to stay on theme and power up his fellow Crime Lords. Ionic Laser SA now gets the healing on it. The SA is cool by itself but rarely to you get more than 1 figure adjacent to another in a typical 800 to 1200 point C3G game after round 1. Maybe once a game. So times where he can hit multiple adjacent figures is limited. He can still use his X-Power here as well to bump up his own blanks.

Again this is just an idea I had while playing. If there was room for a fourth power you could leave the SA and Heal alone and add Old Word Money on top of the original 3 but I'm betting there isn't. Either way it's a solid design. Points look good.
Old April 4th, 2023, 06:08 PM

Updating with this.
Quote:
OLD WORLD MONEY
At the start of the game, you may add one additional Investment Marker to each Army Card you control that starts the game with an Investment Marker on its card.

THE MIGHT OF THE MAGGIA
After an opponent's figure or a Criminal, Crime Lord, or Mastermind you control rolls attack dice for a normal or special attack and before defense dice are rolled, you may reveal an X Order Marker on this card. If you do, you may change one die rolled to a blank.

IONIC LASER SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 6.

After attacking with this special attack, for each blank rolled, you may choose a figure adjacent to the targeted figure. Roll one unblockable attack die against each chosen figure. If you have more blanks than your opponent, you may remove a Wound Marker from this Army Card.
Old April 4th, 2023, 05:53 PM

Thanks @Ericth74 !
These suggestions are dope.

Might of the Maggia is something I never ran out of markers on, so I'm down to make it just an X power and represent his ridiculous wealth another way. Old Wolrd Money is probably the perfect way to do that! The SA edit also pretty much covers the rest, there is little opportunity to hit him from range in my games and the Siphon makes it not worth it, so I think this increases fun added value. As a whole I think the design still largely operates roughly the same as well, so I'm down with these changes.
Old April 4th, 2023, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
Thanks @Ericth74 !
These suggestions are dope.

Might of the Maggia is something I never ran out of markers on, so I'm down to make it just an X power and represent his ridiculous wealth another way. Old Wolrd Money is probably the perfect way to do that! The SA edit also pretty much covers the rest, there is little opportunity to hit him from range in my games and the Siphon makes it not worth it, so I think this increases fun added value. As a whole I think the design still largely operates roughly the same as well, so I'm down with these changes.
Oh good, I'm glad you liked them. Count Nefaria is pretty badass!
Old April 4th, 2023, 06:37 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I also like the changes. Good ideas Eric!
Old April 13th, 2023, 01:12 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Count Nefaria

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes

- What should be the unit's point value? 410-440?
- Give a brief overview. This was a team that seemed better on paper than they were on the field. Dice luck was also not on Nefaria's side but he still managed to do most of the damage and tank a few hits along with use all of his powers.
Map: X Marks the Spot
Units: Count Nefaria, Jimmy Woo, Abigail Brand, Gorilla-Man, Cecil Stedman (1,100) vs Viper, Taskmaster, Red Skull II, Crossbones, Nebula, 1xSkrull Infiltrator (1,100)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes

- What should be the unit's point value? 430-440
- Give a brief overview. This started out super brutal and absolutely in the Maggia's favor but a lucky Disengage and Optic Destruction from Cyclops turned the tide but Nefaria still almost took it but he couldn't compete with Archangel and Nightcrawler's autowounds.
Map: X Marks the Spot
Units: Count Nefaria, Hammerhead, Eel, 4x Maggia Goon (1,000) vs Cyclops II, Nightcrawler (AoA), Archangel, Wolverine (Avengers) (1,000)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Adding an extra Investment Marker is definitely a unique synergy and all of his powers are useful just more geared toward his own faction which feels like a good choice. I almost feel like he is slightly over costed at 440 but I do like where it puts him for army building. I do think he could come down 10-20 points and not be overpowered though.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: All of his powers are useful and interesting. I especially liked the interplay between TMotM and ILSA. It's pretty hard to decide when to use the laser and when to attack normally but that seems like a good thing. If he's wounded more than a little you almost always want to use the Laser and reveal an X on him. Definitely liking how this little faction has turned out.
Old April 13th, 2023, 08:20 AM

Looking good! Have you done a test run on text space and it fitting on a card? Looks like it could be tight.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library