Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old May 22nd, 2008, 05:24 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Re: Sujoah keep on rolling versus Stealth Armor like powers?

I'm with Aeston too.

However, does Lodin add to poisonous sting rolls? It's the first Special Attack to feature a d20. I'd always assumed that Lodin would work, but it's a special attack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old May 22nd, 2008, 05:29 PM
math olympian

mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjib View Post
I read it like this:

For Su-Joah's first d20 roll, an actual wound must be inflicted and not ignored.

For subsequent successful d20 rolls, the target can roll to ignore the wound each time, however even if they ignore the wound Su-Joah still gets to keep rolling until he doesn't roll high enough. The target must roll seperately for each time that they receive a single wound from poison sting.

If Leaf of the Home Tree Aura is successful, it ignores only the current single wound that is being rolled, not previous poison sting rolls, and Su-Joah can keep rolling.

I base this on the fact that on Su-Joah's card inflicting a wound is a prerequisite to start rolling, but not a prerequisite to continue rolling. Furthermore, leaf of the home tree aura triggers every time a potentially fatal wound is received, and only negates the wound(s) that "were just received" - not wounds that had previously been received.
I tend to agree with you here.

So, for Microcorps Agents and Sacred Band, then the ruling should be #2 in that they get to roll for Stealth Armor/Defy Death immediately after the initial attack and if they succeed, then no Poison Damage rolls occur.

For a multi-life elf hero with LoHT, if the initial attack "kills" then just as above, the hero should get to roll and if successful, then no further attacks. But if the initial attack only wounds and does not kill, then subsequent Poison Damage rolls can be repeatedly rolled as in ruling #3, because LoHT only removes the most recent wound. I guess this would interpret the Poison Damage rolls as separate attacks in some sense.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 05:31 PM
math olympian

mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
I'm with Aeston too.

However, does Lodin add to poisonous sting rolls? It's the first Special Attack to feature a d20. I'd always assumed that Lodin would work, but it's a special attack!
True, is this the first that features a special attack and a special power in the same text? I would think that Lodin does let you add 1 to the D20.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 05:32 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I'm with Aeston too.

Now THAT is a good question and a nice observation. I would say NO because special attacks are never augmented, but I could be wrong. (wouldn't be the first time!!!)

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old May 22nd, 2008, 05:34 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Quote:
I'm with Aeston too.

Now THAT is a good question and a nice observation. I would say NO because special powers are never augmented, but I could be wrong. (wouldn't be the first time!!!)
I'm on the opposite side this time, Ry. I think you would get the bonus. The attack portion is not augmented (by height, etc), but the poisoning would be (by Lodin, etc.).
Old May 22nd, 2008, 05:38 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I am not too grounded on that one; great question by Jexik, though. Either way is fine with me; though special attacks never being augmented by height or glyph unless it is the glyph of Lodin is a bit clunky.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old May 22nd, 2008, 05:38 PM

hex706f726368 has disabled reputation
Re: Sujoah keep on rolling versus Stealth Armor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hex706f726368 View Post

All those powers say to ignore the wound, not that it was never dealt to the figure. I'd think Sujoah would keep on rolling since he inflicted at least one wound. It shouldn't matter that it had no effect.

This is an interesting question, and I'm not sure where I stand yet. The practical part of me says that if I'm fielding Sujoah, then I want to keep rolling for the wounds / poison damage. The logical side of me says if I'm facing that same situation on the other side of the board, then Sujoah only rolls the one time.

A very interesting question to be sure. And my two cents: Sujoah didn't inflict a wound if it's being ignored by the powers of the card Sujoah attempted to inflict the wound to. The no effect aspect doesn't matter. A wound was not inflicted, and therefore, Sujoah would stop rolling.
It isn't a wound. See the faq entry I posted after my first errant post in this thread.

I've been ignoring the primary attack on my interpretations

I agree with Aeston on the initial attack roll. If there is no wound because of SA/DD/LotH, no d20 rolls. But I think if one of the d20 poison wounds is ignored because of SA/DD/LotH, Sujoah might still get to keep rolling that d20. Of course by that reasoning, that means it will only really matter against elf heroes protected by LotH since the initial attack will provide enough wounds to do the job on the MicroCorp Agents, Sacred Band and any elf common. I'm also agree with kenjib in that only the last wound received would be removed because of LotH.

Huge thank you to these sponsors of the 2008 Arizona National Heroscape Day
Cavalier Games - House Mouse Games - War Gamers Headquarters - Vixen Tor Games - Wizards of the Coast
Old May 22nd, 2008, 05:41 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I'm 50/50 on this one. From our own Forum home page:

**Special attacks never recieve any bonuses**

It's a Special Attack, but there's no precedent here. I really don't know.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 05:56 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I would say that if no wound is caused because it was prevented by stealth suit, then no poison rolls (or additional poison rolls) may be made.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old May 22nd, 2008, 06:23 PM

MechaBeast is surprisingly tart

I would say Sujoah special attack is both a special attack and a special ability all in one. The special attack portion (range 1 attack 4) can't be augmented but the the special ability portion can (at least by Lodin).

...and then he used his fight money to buy two of every animal, and then he herded them all onto a boat and then he beat the crap out every single one.

Old May 22nd, 2008, 06:30 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle View Post
**Special attacks never recieve any bonuses**
*cough* It's not a bonus... it's a modifier...

~Aldin, who is gonna take the extra normal die and attack the MCA from height anyway

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old May 22nd, 2008, 07:00 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Posting again simply so I can rate this thread.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's