Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old August 17th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Pics of DnD Heroscape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
A curiosity question about the new master set. Will the new elf and dwarf units be from the same home world as the existing elf and dwarf units? If from different worlds it makes me wonder if we will have some green orcs that come from a non-Grut world.
This is one of things that I guess matters to some of the diehards that you have on this board, but that doesn't matter at all to the buying public at large.

I would guess that the casual buyer (which makes up most of the consumer $) just likes playing with cool dragons and elves and orcs and doesn't really care about the "storyline" aspect of the product.

I am probably a more die-hard player than all but 1,000 players in the world, and I couldn't care less about how these new guys fit in that regard.

(Note, I am not saying being interested in this is a bad thing...it is just another level of complexity...but I don't think most of the buying public cares all that much.)
Old August 17th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonranger View Post
So then it's safe to assume all the figures in this set SHOULD be noted as coming from Faerun, or it's environs.
Is Faerun a "world"?

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old August 17th, 2009, 10:59 PM

Dragonranger Woo who?

Faerun is a continent on the world of Abeir-Toril which is the main play location of Forgotten Realms. This is the home to such famous D&D locations as Baulder's Gate (and the PS2 games of the same name) as well as the Temple of Elemental Evil, and the Tomb of Horrors (Any D&D fan's nightmare.) There are other places in Abeir-Toril such as Kara Tur, the Oriental Adventures original campaign location, but most Forgotten Realms campaigns take place on the continent of Faerun, so that's how that setting is best known.

Even though they're associated with HS Generals, Abeir-Toril is not as much of a catch phrase to D&D fans as Faerun is. In HS Terms, if I released a Soulborg who said he was from Megacyber 1, and say it's the capital city of the Soulborgs, you wouldn't get it. But if I said "Alpha Prime" you'd go 'Everyone but the Warden comes from there!' Same thing.

"Come with me in the twilight of a summer night for a while, tell me of a story never ever told in the past. Take me back to the land where my yearnings were born, the key to open the door is in your heart, now take me there... to the land of twilight." ~"Key of the Twilight"

Last edited by Dragonranger; August 17th, 2009 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Additional info
Old August 17th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Faerun is a continent on the world of Abeir-Toril which is the main play location of Forgotten Realms. This is the home to such famous D&D locations as Baulder's Gate (and the PS2 games of the same name) as well as the Temple of Elemental Evil, and the Tomb of Horrors (Any D&D fan's nightmare.) There are other places in Abeir-Toril such as Kara Tur, the Oriental Adventures original campaign location, but most Forgotten Realms campaigns take place on the continent of Faerun, so that's how that setting is best known.
Bingo! So don't you think it's safe to assume that Faerun is not their home world?

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old August 17th, 2009, 11:11 PM

Dragonranger Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Bingo! So don't you think it's safe to assume that Faerun is not their home world?
I think they'll put it as Faerun cause that's what D&D fan think of when you say the word "Underdark" after thinking the words "Forgotten Realms." Even I thought Faerun was the world name, till my D&D obsessed friend Dave taught me the 'D&D Geek' answer... but even he automatically assumes when we're talking Forgotten Realms that we're talking about Faerun.

"Come with me in the twilight of a summer night for a while, tell me of a story never ever told in the past. Take me back to the land where my yearnings were born, the key to open the door is in your heart, now take me there... to the land of twilight." ~"Key of the Twilight"
Old August 17th, 2009, 11:11 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Now Abeir-Toril on the other hand ...

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 17th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Quote:
Quote:
I think they'll put it as Faerun cause that's what D&D fan think of when you say the word "Underdark" after thinking the words "Forgotten Realms." Even I thought Faerun was the world name, till my D&D obsessed friend Dave taught me the 'D&D Geek' answer... but even he automatically assumes when we're talking Forgotten Realms that we're talking about Faerun.
Well they don't put Japan down as the Izumi Samurai homeworld. They put Earth.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old August 17th, 2009, 11:35 PM

Dragonranger Woo who?

In the end, we'll have to wait and see what they do. Who knows?

Old August 17th, 2009, 11:51 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation

Quote:
The guy that set up the display at Gen Con, maybe?

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old August 18th, 2009, 12:11 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

What evil lurks in the hearts of Scapers? The knows!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 18th, 2009, 07:57 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosChild View Post
Quote:
The guy that set up the display at Gen Con, maybe?
Not to mention the playtesters (of which the above mentioned guy who set up the display is one).
Old August 19th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
I'm pretty sure the underdark had migrated over into the old "default" Greyhawk setting by 3rd edition. But I suppose Oerth might be more confusing to non-DnD people . . . .

So yeah, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Though I personally would prefer they not be from the Realms (I don't ever want to see Driz'zt on the other side of table) I guess at this point there's no real way to be sure. Unless, well you know . . . .

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News