Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old August 25th, 2017, 04:57 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
The Spellbook of Healing Energy

The Spellbook of Healing Energy

C3G WAVE 27
YOUNG MARVELS

Card PDF

Spell Bio - Since ancient times, healing has been associated with the mystic arts. Often following in the footsteps of Goddesses of Magic throughout the word, from Egypt to Ireland, Celtic druids, Native American shamans, Tibetan holy men and many more have healed the ailing using methods believed mystical, ranging from crystals, healing herbs, acupuncture, Reiki and other methods of chi manipulation. Even in the Middle Ages, those desperate enough to risk the threat of damnation would sometimes seek out the local witch to tend to their illnesses. Though less common in the modern age, these methods are still used by many, and, in the hands of one sufficiently skilled, can be as effective (if not more so) than modern medicine, as one Doctor Stephen Strange has discovered.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Splash; August 1st, 2022 at 08:25 PM. Reason: png
Old August 25th, 2017, 04:57 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Spellbook of Healing Spell

Healing Energy
Common Spell
20 Points

Instead of attacking, this figure may cast this spell to remove a Wound Marker from either this figure's card or the card of an adjacent figure.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by japes; October 30th, 2017 at 02:34 PM.
Old August 25th, 2017, 04:58 PM
Hard as ice

Art
Spoiler Alert!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; October 8th, 2017 at 04:33 PM.
Old August 25th, 2017, 05:01 PM
Hard as ice

Okay, since the spell release seems to have stalled, I thought I'd make a start on the next spell I'd like to do. If I can get it into the release, excellent - if I can't, then I'd like to transfer this thread to the public when the release is made.

A fairly standard, iconic spell, IMO thematically required and mechanically useful. There were some concerns that it would lead to magic-users outshining healers such as Iron Fist and Aquaman (vI), but I doubt that will be the case when each wound healed needs to be specifically paid for and you can't heal and attack in the same turn - that second restriction, particularly, should be the primary balancing factor to keep it from being too much of a go-to.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 25th, 2017, 05:50 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Where this spell idea has a chance to really make an impact is when you use it to heal a high defense figure or figure with a defense or wound reducing power on their card. So that is where I would start when looking at the potential price point. What does giving the Blob or Superman one additional life worth?

Another thought to consider would be the ability to heal a figure that must self wound themselves to use a power on their card. I know there are already other means to heal those figures but still something to consider when testing.

I'd certainly think having it be a unique spell would be a good idea. Watching Enchantress heal the Hulk over and over again could be pretty frustrating for your opponent.

A thought I just had should you wish to expand it's usefulness a bit, what if the spell 'cleansed' the targeted figure of negative effects as well. Removing Scarlet Witches curse markers from a card or the Mad Matters hat marker. Stuff like that could be a nice side benefit that would make you potentially want to cast it on a lower def. figure.
Old August 25th, 2017, 05:59 PM
Hard as ice

I definitely want to keep this spell common, thematically - if its cost has to go up or I have to weaken it to do that, then that's okay. I don't really feel the need to remove curse markers - that really doesn't feel like a healing effect to me. If there were poison markers in the game it were removing, that'd different, but there aren't, it wouldn't, and the others don't feel right.

One thought I did have was giving it to Mordo - blast away with DAE early in the round, then turn 3 when he's weakened, have him heal himself.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 25th, 2017, 06:09 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Looks like a nice spell to have, I like the idea.

The cost will probably come in pretty high, just because an auto heal off of some figures is worth a lot of points. Also, as-is, you can pair your MD figure with a bonding figure and use these. For example, Ms. Marvel bonding with Malekith, who can then heal her every turn and still protect her with Illusionary Arts, would make for a killer combo.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old August 25th, 2017, 06:17 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Looks like a nice spell to have, I like the idea.

The cost will probably come in pretty high, just because an auto heal off of some figures is worth a lot of points. Also, as-is, you can pair your MD figure with a bonding figure and use these. For example, Ms. Marvel bonding with Malekith, who can then heal her every turn and still protect her with Illusionary Arts, would make for a killer combo.
Hmm... good point. I'd rather that not inflate the cost, so maybe an OM restriction? Would still allow for sidekick combos, but that's probably not too big a deal.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 25th, 2017, 07:09 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

An OM restriction would help, it'd cut out the more abusable combos.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old August 25th, 2017, 07:10 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

to V here.
Old August 26th, 2017, 08:09 AM
Hard as ice

Okay, definitely going with an OM restriction. Probably best to call the CRB in while we're still in breathing. @dok , @Dysole , @Soundwarp SG-1 , @weebaer , any thoughts? Any ideas as to where to start with the cost?

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 27th, 2017, 04:10 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

With OM reveal and "instead of attacking", we're working in a reasonably safe space, but we should still probably put the price within hailing distance of the point value of a wound. My first instinct was 30, but I'm not married to it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library