Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old February 25th, 2007, 06:53 PM
The Orc Master

Browncoat is surprisingly tart
Columbus, OH Tournament [2-24-07] Exclusive funrun Pics!!!

I read in the Events forum that they were planning on posting some records here from the tournament. I guess I'll be the first to start by posting the pics I took, including some exclusive pics of funrun! I'll try to include a caption above each pic, and I'm sorry if I don't remember everyone's names. Here we go:

-----

Here's a pic of the event organizers: ManTrainChooChoo, MattserTruckRally, wessel99, jacob_j_p, and I think that's Pickle4192 registering his army at the sign-in table.

-----

Here's some of the guys tossing around the pigskin between games. This warehouse was HUGE!

-----

A practice game between Truth and Lies. Truth commanded an Orc army, one of several that made appearances at the tournament. It was a good day for the Orcs...it seems everyone who brought them did pretty well. That's Tiberius (tournament winner) in the background with the grey shirt.

-----

This is an earlier pic of the prize table. I didn't get a pic of everything once everyone showed up, sorry...but most of the items were already here. There were several booster packs, including the rare Wave 3 hero pack! There's also the dice tower sent in by IMax, a custom dice/marker box from funrun, an Ullar flag bearer, two tubs of custom figures, and a few large expansion packs. There's also a digital Taelord camera, and a custom bridge. Everyone was drooling over the prizes all day!

-----

Two games in progress. Sorry, but the only person I remember here is CupidsArt, on the bottom left, and his Samurai army.

-----

Here's the one you've all been waiting for...the exclusive pics of funrun! Here she is, in a heated battle against wessel99. Sorry guys, but I just couldn't get that black bar out of the picture. There must've been something wrong with my camera.

-----

Tournament winner Tiberius in a game against Jesse and his Viper army.

-----

Lunchtime! There were quite a few of us who wanted the Arby's 5 for $5 deal, so a few of the guys made a sandwich run...to the tune of 35 cheddar melts!!! There was so much food, they had to bring it all back in the box shown here. I would've loved to see the look on the cashier's face when they ordered those things.

-----

Finally, here are a couple pics of CupidsArt's awesome custom, Sudema's Tomb. Pics don't do this work of art justice. Congrats again to Tiberius for taking it home!

Old February 25th, 2007, 07:24 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
sweet man it looks like everybody had a very good time! i wish i could have gone(even though i dont live near you)
Old February 25th, 2007, 07:26 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
Good no photos of my ugly fat troll arse.. lol... was taken long before I got there.

I was expecting fun run to wear black shades or mirror glasses the whole time... still not sure what the eyes thing is all about though, never read all the threads about it, just enough to know of it.

I drove 230 or more miles to get there... and back .
Old February 25th, 2007, 07:35 PM
The Orc Master

Browncoat is surprisingly tart
As for me, personally? I think I did okay for my first tournament appearance, with a 3-2 record. Here's the army I brought:

Quote:
Krug
Grimnak
Ornak (flag bearer)
Heavy Gruts
Swog Rider (x2)
Arrow Gruts
My hope with this army was to create a balanced approach, with heroes that enhance the common units. This army has great synergy, and works very well together. Orc themed armies were in abundance at the tournament, and those of us who brought them did pretty well. Here's how my day panned out:

-----

Game 1
Battlefield: Winter Wonderland
Yank's army: Braxas, Nilfheim, Onyx Vipers
My record: 0-0

I was extremely nervous, A) Because this was my first ever tournament game, and B) Hearing so much about Braxas, I figured I was toast for sure. I tried to move my Arrow Gruts and Swogs up one side of the map, but got held up in the snow and was pretty much crushed by Nilfheim. After that, I decided that Krug was my only hope against the dragons, and used him against them. Krug took a pretty good beating from Nilfheim, but was able to take him down.

I advanced Grimnak towards the Onyx Vipers, who were holding down a glyph in the ice/water area of the map and was able to use Chomp on all 3 of them. Braxas took down my Heavies and Grimnak, but an enraged Krug killed him with one double attack. I got lucky on dice rolls here, with Krug hitting with 5 skulls, and Yanks (my opponent) whiffed on the first defense roll.

-----

Game 2
Battlefield: Upheaval
dogrobber's army: Major Q9, Raelin, AE, Krav Maga
My record: 1-0

I knew this map spelled trouble for me just by looking at it. My army uses a lot of double-spaced figures, and it was very hard advancing my army across the lava. I can't remember my opponent's name (sorry!) but he played his army extremely well, and was my toughest opponent all day. I was basically crushed in this game. Q9 had Raelin and height advantage, rolling 10 defense against Krug. AE dropped in the 4 corners of the map, and had me in the crossfire anytime I tried to advance my figures.

It was a turkey shoot. This map was very frustrating for me, having 5+ movement with my figures, but only being able to move them 2 or 3 spaces due to either height issues, or not having enough room, or being too close to the lava. For the most part, his AE ripped me apart before I made it across. The few brave who did manage to get on his side of the map were crushed by a waiting Q9.

-----

Game 3
Battlefield: Upheaval
Jeff's army: All Marro
My record: 1-1

I was confident when I sat down at the table for this one. My friend uses the Marro army a lot, and he's never beaten me. However, having just gotten skunked on the Upheaval map...I wasn't getting cocky. I did have a lot more luck advancing my figures this time, and got all of them across the lava, but it took 5 rounds to do it. This game lasted nearly the entire hour time limit.

Grimnak advanced much faster than the other units, and had a feast of Marro Drones. I believe I Chomped 7 out of 9 drones. Once my Heavy Gruts made it across the fire, the other drones and Warriors weren't much of an issue. The mighty Su-Bak-Na flew in and took down Krug, but was taken out later in the round by my enhanced Heavies. The game may have lasted long, but it was a fairly convincing victory for me.

-----

Game 4
Battlefield: Marr Highway
Truth's army: Krug, Mimring, Nerak, Swogs, Arrow Gruts
My record: 2-1

Truth and I talked a few times between matches, agreeing that a battle between the two of us would be pretty cool, considering our armies were so similar. As it turns out, my next match was against him. Truth was 3-0 going into this game, and only one other person was undefeated besides him at this point. Needless to say, I was very intimidated. My main strategy here was to keep all my units back until Mimring was dead. I didn't want to go up against his Fire Line attack! So, I used Krug almost exclusively, who eventually absorbed enough damage to kill off Mimring. Truth then advanced his own Krug, killing mine and later, my Grimnak. After some bad luck with defense rolls, my Heavies took down Truth's Krug using the benefit of Ornak's Utgar dice before he could lay waste to them.

By this time, most everyone else was finished with their games, and a large crowd had gathered around us. This game officially became Battle of the Gruts, as all the large figures were now not a factor. He advanced his Swog/Nerak enhanced Arrow Gruts to some height advantage as I advanced my army down the highway. My focus became taking down the Swogs first, which took a few rounds. For the most part, we exchanged blows, killing off each other's figures. In the end, I had 2 Heavy Gruts and a Swog Rider left which made short work of a squad of his Arrow Gruts. This was a great victory for me, and was the highlight of my day! Excellent match, Truth!

-----

Game 5
Battlefield: Soulrazor Canyon
Kevin's army: Krug, Mimring, Ornak, Swogs, Arrow Gruts
My record: 3-1

I was feeling some pressure again here. If I could finish the day at 4-1, I would be in contention for finishing near the top. However, I was up against another Orc army, and I knew it wasn't going to be pretty. I made some mistakes early on in this game, and allowed Mimring to cause too much damage before taking him out. My opponent advanced a squad of Arrow Gruts to high ground and grabbed the +1 attack glyph, which ultimately spelled my doom.

This was another crushing defeat, as I was only able to take down his Krug and a couple other figures. All I could do was watch as he sniped me out of the game. He played his army very well, and had me on the run from the get-go. I was disappointed, but still happy to finish my first tournament with a 3-2 record.

[Edits - Typos. Spellcheck is your friend.]
Old February 25th, 2007, 07:45 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Glad to see the Orcs and in particular the Arrow Gruts getting the respect they deserve.

Looked like a great place ( lots of room to expand ) to hold the tornament.

Glad to see the weather didn't hamper the day either... I just came in from removing snow from the care and then had to contend with about a 1/4" ice ( doors were all frozen closed ) that was under the snow. I should be able to get out for work Monday unless the wind doesn't come up tonight.

Nice photos thanks for posting them.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old February 25th, 2007, 09:37 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
That warehouse is just ridiculously large, but other than that, it looks like a good time. Sweet custom piece CA.
Old February 25th, 2007, 09:48 PM

Marduk has disabled reputation
I'd only played four games (when saying three at the tourney, I forgot about one demo we did for my brother) of HS prior to coming to the tournament, but I've always been good with this sort of thing. Years of playing and playtesting help. After looking over the maps, I decided that they were pretty well balanced between ranged and melee troops, assuming that you played once on each. Since melee units are a bit more powerful than ranged units (in cost/abilities), that gave a slight edge to melee for the tourney.

Given that, and a time limit that works against large armies, I chose to go with the vipers. It makes for a large army, but they are fragile and fast so games go more quickly. The high movement makes the melee troops act a lot like a ranged attack - they can be out of range and then right on top of you and attacking. So having little in the way of actual ranged attacks seemed safe enough. The team:

Venoc Warlord - extra move for the scouts, more frenzy madness and a good fighter? Couldn't resist.
2xArmoc Vipers - they don't get any help from the Warlord, but the bonding and attributes are great.
Elite Onyx Vipers - move of 9, frenzy and a defense number made these good glyph grabbers.
2xVenoc Vipers - scouts move 9, have frenzy and a decent attack - my first wave of fighters.
1xAubrien Archers - good to have a few ranged attacks, and they frenzy. A good final squad.

One problem that I had was forgetting all about the EOV frenzy ability until ManTrain pointed it out to me in the third game. Someone asked about it earlier, but I looked at the Armoc card instead (somehow not wondering about the warlord bonding) and said "No, they don't frenzy." In games 3, 4 and 5 they only frenzied one time in all, so it probably doesn't matter that I forgot before.

Speaking of frenzy, I got about an average number of them. But instead of getting one here and one there, I got most of them in sets of three (for a total of four actions). That made them generally very effective and no doubt very memorable. Honestly I think I'd have preferred them spread out more, but twice it was more or less a game-breaker so maybe it's just as well.

Game 1 - Winter Wonderland
I played against a kid (whose name I don't recall, my apologies) fielding a Marro army, which I believe consisted of: Su-Bak-Na, Kee-Mo-Shi, Me-Burq-Sa, Marro Warriors, Marrden Hounds. The game itself was nothing to write home about - it started out with him being really lucky and me being really unlucky, so he was crushing me quickly and easily. Then things changed, I got lucky and he got unlucky, and I nearly finished him off before the luck changed again. It was too little too late when it did change, and so I won with nearly half my army left.

We traded the +8 initiative glyph a bit (in the water, his cloners against two of my EOVs), and I controlled the +2 move glyph pretty much the whole game. While occasionally useful, the glyphs didn't make too much of a difference. Kee-Mo-Shi didn't shackle, Me-Burq-Sa didn't paralyze, and the plague only got one viper. The most memorable thing about it was the cloning - with two Marro Warriors against two EOVs, I kept killing one and the other kept reviving him. Finally sick of it, I killed the one doing all the reviving - only to have him revived by the other one. Some days it just doesn't pay to kill your enemies...

Game 2 - Winter Wonderland (same seat at the same board, even)
I played against CupidsArt, and I believe he had Kaemon Aiwa, Izumi Samurai, Tagawa Samurai, and 3x Tagawa Samurai Archers. The game started off well, I got the summoning glyph (in the water) and took Kaemon Aiwa. I immediately surrounded him and destroyed him in very short order, before he could do anything. If I hadn't, I'd probably have lost the game. The other glyph was +8 initiative. We traded it for a little bit and it made very little difference. CupidsArt was doing reasonably well at this stage, trying to hunt down Mittens with his Izumis and managing to make up a little bit for the loss of Aiwa by killing several vipers. Then I got a bad case of the frenzies and just mowed through a chunk of his army in an instant - the Izumis and six or so of his archers.

Two of my archers had been sniping across the water while two of my EOVs just sat there, but when the frenzies took out half his archers my EOVs charged the couple remaining by the water. His samurai occasionally managed to defend, but the only times they rolled enough shields for counterstrike were against my Aubrien Archers when it did them no good. I started taking losses again while charging in to his starting area to kill what was left, but it was pretty clearly going my way up to the end. The Tagawas held the low ground in the center of the starting area while my EOVs came down from the water and my Armocs and Mittens charged into them. It was ugly and Mittens went down, but there were enough Armocs left to secure a win, no to mention the EOVs and my frenzy-prone archers.

Game 3 - Winter Wonderland
I played against ManTrain here: Grimnak, Nerak, Raelin, 3xHeavy Gruts, and Eldgrim. It was a nightmare from the start, the sort of army that I'd have only a slim chance against normally. He managed to get control of both glyphs, attack and +2 move, but I'd have to say they made very little difference. His rolling was phenomenal and mine was abyssmal. Chompy (who got Eldgrim's speed boost) was effectively useless because he generally couldn't fit past his gruts and they were killing things off too fast for him to get to them.

ManTrain won the first (and I think every) initiative, and got to the attack glyph (in the snow) with Raelin before I could. Nerak backed her up and blocked off most access to her for my melee types. With Raelin giving everyone the extra defense, it would have been nearly impossible for the vipers to make any headway anyway; with the kind of rolling ManTrain was doing it was a miracle I managed to kill two of the heavy gruts. Despite my best efforts with some vipers and the Aubrien Archers, he managed to keep Raelin alive (one life left) and perched on the attack glyph.

On the other side of the board, I got to the +2 move glyph first, but couldn't keep it. He had a couple of heavy gruts whom I couldn't hurt wipe out the pair of EOVs I put on glyph duty, and the one archer I had backing them up didn't do a whole lot of good (he killed one of the gruts, as I recall) before getting killed himself.

I had Mittens trying to kill Nerak (and managed to do one whole wound); I should have just taken the disengagement strike and charged Raelin in hopes of finishing her off. By the odds, Mittens and a few Armocs should have killed Nerak off fairly quickly, even though he was parked on the snow, so I kept at it until Nerak killed all of them.

Game 4 - Upheaval
In this game, I played against Jeff, a Heroscaper lurker (stop lurking, already!) who had a Marro swarm army (Funrun's number two game and Browncoat's number three, I believe). Su-Bak-Na, Ne-Gok-Sa and 5xMarro Drones which could have been ugly against the fragile vipers if he got lucky with drone swarming. As usual with vipers, I got both glyphs right away. The near glyph was summoning, so I summoned Ne-Gok-Sa into the water, figuring that he'd be relatively harmless in an out of the way spot, and that two of my EOVs could keep him occupied awhile. Ne-Gok was too short to have both attack him from the heights so one had to get in the water with him, but I did hurt him quite a bit before he killed both. He tried mind-shackling but never succeeded.

Meanwhile, at the other glyph (+1 attack), one of his drones managed to kill my other EOV and claim the glyph. I sent a Venoc to kill his drone and re-claim the glyph, he took it back with another drone and I finally took it for good with a second Venoc. I'm sure he'd have sent more Drones except that I was charging a mess of vipers across to his side, and he rarely managed to move more than three Drones (I think two or three times he got to move six, and that was when he was too far away to get attacks with more than a couple). Once I had the center heights pretty much uncontested, my archers did a super-frenzy and wiped out about half the drones he had left, and I believe I finished off Ne-Gok-Sa as this point as well. When he was down to Su-Bak (still in the corner) and a couple of drones, I charged my remaining Venocs against Su-Bak hoping to get lucky, but didn't. Venocs did what Venocs do (die, and fast), and then I stepped in with Mittens and some Armocs and managed to kill Su-Bak quickly.

Game 5 - Upheaval
This was against someone whose name I should remember, he was one of the top five. I guess it must be Nick/SpookieToof, through process of elimination of pictures and armies. His army was Q9, Laglor, the Krav Maga, and Raelin. Another army that works well against mine, but I got the attack and defense glyphs and hung on to them until the end. EOVs are nearly (but not quite) indestructable at range, so though he periodically tried to shoot them he only managed to get one at the very end. I took the heights on my side, and tried to do the same on his side, but Q9 was very close to them. Figuring that he'd mow down the Venocs too fast if I just tried holding ground with them, I charged him instead. I managed one wound right away, which probably worried him, but then despite some good frenzying didn't do any more damage. I couldn't get to Raelin very much because Q9 was blocking the path and I didn't want to give any disengagement strikes. Turns out I should have - I'd probably have won if I'd lost a few vipers but killed Raelin earlier.

After clearing out the Venocs in a depressingly short time, Q9 moved up to the heights. I kept my archers hidden away, since I only had the one set, until I got Q9 surrounded nicely by vipers. Once they did come out I managed to finish Raelin then, though Q9's defense rolls continued to be excessive. Nick kept saying I was defending like a champ, but really my rolls weren't that special (normally getting one or two shields with four or five dice). Q9, on the other hand... with 10 dice, you should expect 3 shields on average. I had 5 skulls bounce once, and 4 skulls bounced harmlessly 4 times. Nothing less than 4 skulls got through until the very last shot after Raelin was gone - and most (literally most of them) of his 10-die rolls ended up with 5 or more shields. After I got that one initial wound in, Q9 shut off incoming damage for about two and a half rounds (including my frenzies, something like 30 attacks failed completely). After Raelin died I got a 5 skull attack that got two more wounds through, and then a couple of turns later managed the last wound. By this time all the Venocs were dead, and I was down to I think three Armocs, the two EOVs on the glyphs, and a single Aubrien. Mittens had died in his valiant attempt to do the last wound to Q9.

With Laglor and the Krav Maga being the last enemies left, I started to concentrate on Laglor because of his special attack, and because with the kind of defense Q9 got, killing the Krav Maga seemed impossible. Another Armoc died trying to take out Laglor, while the other two moved up to the heights in preparation for the last rush at Laglor. Mittens being dead hurt me here... my archer would have frenzied if Mittens were still giving the bonus (I think the only time Mittens would have made a difference there, and of course he was dead). I should have gone after the Krav, but I didn't realize that Nick didn't know about the special power. And with the defense glyph, I wasn't too worried about the Krav. I should have been - they killed my last archer and last two Armocs in short order. Then they managed to killed the EOV on the defense glyph (one shield on 11 dice), leaving one on EOV. He charged in, but didn't manage any damage and got slaughtered once he got close.

Results - 3 wins, 2 losses, and a good time.

I provided the army for David (Wings II, not No, David, No), but we didn't have a chance to really go over it very well. Only on the ride up, and he seemed to be suffering from the early start. He lost his first two, but then turned things around and won the last three. He finally figured out Mimring isn't a fighter - he's more like a bomb. Toss him in, do as much damage as you can as quick as you can before he dies, and then do the same thing with Krug and Ornak. Whatever is left should be vulnerable to the Swogs and Arrow Gruts.

Hopefully I can get him to do a battle report, we'll see. In any event, thanks again for putting on the tourney. I look forward to the next one, and GenCon in the meantime.

Malpractice makes malperfect!
Ohio Valley Association of Heroscapers

Art by Susan Van Camp, Copyright 2006. www.artbysvc.com
Old February 26th, 2007, 08:45 AM
Site Admin

funrun is surprisingly tart
LOL, perfect!

Except that I look like I wanna beat something to a pulp in my black leather coat . That warehouse was cold!

I wish I could merge threads so all the battle reports were here.

funrun's HS Repaints
Read my blog for interesting randomness as it comes to me.
Old February 26th, 2007, 09:00 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
We could copy them here and then delete the old ones if one of us were feeling that whippy.
Old February 27th, 2007, 12:12 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2007, 2009, & 2012

MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby!
Columbus, OH Army Battle Report:

Never again will I play and try to keep up with match results and blah :P.

At any rate:
Army:
Tagawa Samurai Archers (195 pts) - 3 units
Kozuke Samurai (100 pts.)
Kaemon Awa (120 pts)
Raelin (80 pts)

Notes:

Samurai Archers were every bit of mediocre that I expected however they are still a range unit and with Raelin by them its hard to get close with any melee figure.

Kozuke Samurai - Very difficult to play and manuever. They were very effective at knocking down big heros for me though.

Kaemon Awa - The real star in this army

Raelin - Always great to have her along. Gives the Kozuke that much needed extra defense, made Kaemon Awa unstoppable and even made it difficult to engage the Samurai Archers.

At any rate it was a neat army to play and I really enjoyed being able to have an army that was composed more of wave 6 then anything else.

Round 1 - Jacob

Q9, Saylind, Kee-Mo-Shi, Drake

Upheaval

This was the most lopsided match of the day for me. Jacob quickly summoned Q9 to the high point of the map and I was powerless to stop him. Q9 killed Raelin after 2 rounds which was absolutely devastating. I tried to sneak up the Kozuke however without Raelin I was pretty much at his mercy and they were gunned down. I got close with one and couldn't scratch him. Kee-Mo-Shi was eventually summoned in shortly afterwards and she was gunned down. Then my Samurai Archers and Kaemon Awa kept shooting back and forth with Q9 getting him down to 1 life before handing me defeat.

BTW he still had a full health Drake and Summoner sitting in reserves so in no way was this as close as it seemed.

0-1

Round 2: Yanks

Braxus, Nilfheim, EOV

Soulrazor Canyon

After seeing his army I could only thing that this was not good for me. I moved my Raelin early and grabbed the Glyph on my side. It ended up being Massive Curse and I lost an Archer. He moved his EOV to the other hill and I think he grabbed Defense+1. Wasn't to sure actually. Nilfheim moved up and knocked off a couple of archers. Kaemon fought hard against the dragon and scored a couple of hits.

Then things got a little wierd. He had Nilfheim in the range of my Kozuke Samurai so I put my first turn marker on them. He won the initiative and got Nilfheim on a safe spot and did Nilfheim's regular attack on Raelin and hit her for a bit. I moved my Kozuke forward a little. Then Nilfheim continued to rip through my archers while Kaemon fired back on him.
On the next round I won initiatve and used my Kozuke Samurai to engage Braxus. Two of them engaged her and scored a couple of wounds. His first turn marker was on her and her breath knocked off one of them. My next turn marker had me moving the Kozuke Samurai and just annihilating Braxus. I believe I hit a five here to actually. Once this happened Kaemon finished off Nilfheim and his EOV. Getting lucky with my Kozuke against Braxus was extremely huge in a match that I thought was almost unwinnable.

1-1

Round 3: No,David,No

Winter Wonderland

Nakita Agents, Einar Imperium, Warriors of Asura, Empress, EOV

This game went pretty quickly. His Nakita Agents I think only rolled one Smoke Powder and died quickly to my Samurai Archers. Then afterwards his melee units had a hard time coming up against Samurai Archers backed up by Raelin.

2-1

Round 4: Jesse

Upheaval

Mittens, Armoc, Airborne Elite, EOV, Venoc Vipers, Dutmef Guard

This game was pretty close. I started out early getting Raelin up to height in the center of the map and moving out my Samurai Archers. He brought over some Elite Onyx Vipers and took the glyph on his side which ended up being massive curse. It hurt him a little bit though killing a venoc viper, armoc viper and dutmef guard.

It was looking like a good start until the dreaded Airborne Elite Drop. I won the initiative roll and managed to kill one right away however they killed a lot of my archers and did some good damage to Raelin. His venoc vipers killed a couple of my kozuke samurai and tagawa samurai archers however some of the vipers were falling to counterstrikes.

Finally it was all down to Kaemon Awa + Raelin versus a couple of Armoc Vipers and the Viper Warlord. I managed to snipe one that was just in my range and Kaemon Awa proved his insanity once again.

Round 5: funrun

Upheaval

Nakitas, Rats, Q9, Laglor

I defit. was not happy to do this match since Q9 had single handily taken me out in round 1 so I figured I was just handing this match away. She moved out her rats early so I moved out Kaemon Awa to stop them from scattering. Her Nakita Agents tried to take him down however his devastating special attack wiped them out to. He was particulary good about rolling a lot of 3 skull attacks against her.

Once Q9 came out I quickly started placing counters on the Kozuke Samurai and moved Kaemon closed to Q9. Q9 and Kaemon battled it out and then I had them in the position to get all three close provided I won initiative. I won the key roll and moved them in and quickly wounded him twice. The rats were moved however they were to late and it allowed me to get another 3 attacks on him and take down the soulburg.

It was defit a match that could have went either way and Kaemon's rolls were insane for me.

4-1

A totally surprising result for this army and I had fun playing with mostly new sculpts. I've used Raelin in the last three tournaments I've been in though so I may sit her out for the next one.

Grenade lobbyist
Old February 27th, 2007, 01:08 AM

dogrobber has disabled reputation
Just a quick follow-up to Browncoat's post - I had the Q9 army that beat him in game #2. Unfortunately, I think I used up all my luck in that game, because I sucked until game #5.

My reports coming tomorrowish.
Old March 1st, 2007, 01:36 PM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
So guys, are we going to have an updated post with everyone's armies and stuff?

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports