Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 19th, 2018, 01:58 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Mantis (Vote for Initial Playtest)

Old March 19th, 2018, 02:10 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
And now I'm back to her Precog not being something she should have here, if she's that committed to not messing with things...
Old March 19th, 2018, 02:11 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I remember reading that top comic box, but I don't recall which one of their own betrayed and killed them. I believe my Marvel Digital subscription was missing some issues at the time so I may have missed it completely. Obviously they didn't actually die, so what was that all about?
Old March 19th, 2018, 02:35 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I think the twist ended up being that Star-Lord betrayed them by using Mantis to keep them together, so they disband. This discussion would be a lot easier if I wasn't working on years-old half-memories.

Is there a way to represent being "unstuck in time," Slaughterhouse-Five style, in a board game? I feel like that's a similar theme to what Mantis has going for her.
Old March 19th, 2018, 02:54 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

If we want a nice light power with some theme and additional in-synergy interaction, we could go with:

Quote:
ORGANIC HEALING
After taking a turn with Mantis, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher, you may remove 1 Wound Marker from Mantis' card or an adjacent Flora Colossus figure's card.
Otherwise, there's a plant rebirth type power we could do like this:

Quote:
ORGANIC REBIRTH
At the end of the round, if Mantis is destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 14 or higher, immediately remove a Tree or Jungle Piece from the battlefield. Place Mantis on the space previously occupied by the removed Tree or Jungle piece and remove all Wound Markers from this card.
or

Quote:
ORGANIC REBIRTH
When Mantis is destroyed, begin your next turn with a total of 4 Wound Markers on this card. At the end of each round, if Mantis is destroyed, you may remove two Wound Markers from this card. If the last Wound Marker is removed from this card while Mantis is destroyed, immediately remove a Tree or Jungle Piece from the battlefield. Place Mantis on the space previously occupied by the removed Tree or Jungle piece.
Instead of replacing the tree, she could always just be placed adjacent to one if we feel that's better.
Old March 19th, 2018, 03:16 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
And now I'm back to her Precog not being something she should have here, if she's that committed to not messing with things...
As I said, that ship's already sailed since Doctor Manhattan can view opponents' Order Markers and move your own, si I think giving her some sort of OM viewing power would be reasonable - perhaps not necessary, I don't know her from the comics enough to say, but reasonable. It doesn't feel too far off from Ostermans' 'everything is simultaneous so why should I care enough to change it' attitude in aplication, if not in inspiration.

The Organic Regeneration/Rebirth stuff looks cool too, though.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 19th, 2018, 03:27 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I think the twist ended up being that Star-Lord betrayed them by using Mantis to keep them together, so they disband. This discussion would be a lot easier if I wasn't working on years-old half-memories.
Ah, okay then I did know what happened then. It was just not a literal translation.
Old March 19th, 2018, 03:40 PM
C3G Landlord

Re: The Book of Mantis (Design)

I'm intrigued by the plant/tree direction, a second life for her card in an Ivy/Floronic Man/Swamp Thing type of build could be fun, but I also kind of like the idea of her being able to heal Groot. Maybe she could heal Swamp Thing as well as Groot (both have the same cut down to size power that would benefit from some ally healing)?

ORGANIC HEALING
After taking a turn with Mantis, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher, you may remove 1 Wound Marker from Mantis' card or the card of an adjacent Flora Colossus or Plant Elemental you control.
Old March 19th, 2018, 03:41 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

ORGANIC HEALING
After taking a turn with Mantis, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher, you may remove 1 Wound Marker from Mantis' card or the card of an adjacent figure you control with the Cut Down To Size special power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old March 19th, 2018, 03:43 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
ORGANIC HEALING
After taking a turn with Mantis, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher, you may remove 1 Wound Marker from Mantis' card or the card of an adjacent figure you control with the Cut Down To Size special power.
That does mean we could never re-use Cut Down To Size on anyone it would be thematic for who isn't plant based - not sure who that would be, but something to bear in mind.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 19th, 2018, 04:43 PM

I think getting each incarnation of Groot(regular, baby, and any potential teenager) included is more important than wrapping in Swamp Thing. She accelerates Groot's re-growth in the comics, so that was more my focus than getting every plant-like creature included.

Altogether, that would give us:
Quote:
NAME = MANTIS

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = EMPATH
PERSONALITY = ????

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ~200

EMPATHETIC LINK
At the beginning of your turn, if there is at least one Order Marker on this card, you may move an unrevealed Order Marker on any card in your army to any other card in your army that does not have the same Species, Class, or Personality. An opponent may never remove or rearrange Order Markers on cards you control.

NERVE PUNCH
When attacking an opponent's adjacent figure with a normal attack, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled. If Mantis inflicts one or more wounds on an adjacent Unique Hero with a normal attack, you may immediately remove one unrevealed Order Marker at random from the defending figure's Army Card.

ORGANIC HEALING
After taking a turn with Mantis, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher, you may remove 1 Wound Marker from Mantis' card or an adjacent Flora Colossus figure's card.
I think she offers the Guardians quite a bit. Much needed Order Marker flex and protection. Offers another character that can heal, and helps Groot heal in-round to keep him strong. She also brings potential OM removal of the enemy, which is a very nice bonus.
Old March 20th, 2018, 09:13 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Organic Healing is good for her, since regeneration and "plant stuff" is definitely one of her more prominent powers. I'll agree that calling out Flora Colossus alone is a bit game though. We should at least include Plants, right? Even if we don't have any applicable figures right now.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library