Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 21st, 2012, 10:37 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Green Wyrmling discussion and playtesting

I would like to see,

1 life
4 move
1 range
3 attack
4 defense

Left stats:
Dragon
Common Hero
Wyrmling
Valient
Small 3

Quozle's version of Fledling Counterstrike

Flying

Wyrmling Bonding

35 points
To me that seems like a perfect Green Wyrmling from Icarian.
Old December 21st, 2012, 10:55 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Can you send me the playtesting card you are using? I cannot continue with this conversation without having the information you have in regards to how well the wyrm is playing in testing.
I think NecroBlade is referring to Killercactus' original submission to the SoV, which nyys tested and voted against. It received one yes vote from Killometer, with his notes on how it preformed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranx View Post
I would like to see,

1 life / 4 move / 1 range / 3 attack / 4 defense

Flying
Wyrmling Bonding

35 points
That's certainly weak enough to pass the SoV... But when would you draft it? Since Quozle's All Shield Counter Strike never activates, the White Wyrmling (five points cheaper for better move and same attack/defense with a special attack) is better in every single drafting scenario outside of the 4th Mass, and at 35 points is not even very good with them. Honestly, that is one of the last versions I'd want to see.
Old December 21st, 2012, 11:00 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedim Kabal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Can you send me the playtesting card you are using? I cannot continue with this conversation without having the information you have in regards to how well the wyrm is playing in testing.
I think NecroBlade is referring to Killercactus' original submission to the SoV, which nyys tested and voted against. It received one yes vote from Killometer, with his notes on how it preformed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranx View Post
I would like to see,

1 life / 4 move / 1 range / 3 attack / 4 defense

Flying
Wyrmling Bonding

35 points
That's certainly weak enough to pass the SoV... But when would you draft it? Since Quozle's All Shield Counter Strike never activates, the White Wyrmling (five points cheaper for better move and same attack/defense with a special attack) is better in every single drafting scenario outside of the 4th Mass, and at 35 points is not even very good with them. Honestly, that is one of the last versions I'd want to see.
I would really like to see the attack at 4, but can't see that ever getting passed. Is it plausible with 4 attack and a counterstrike that rarely activates?
Old December 22nd, 2012, 12:34 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I think 4 attack is important to making the design interesting, actually. Otherwise, it's basically only there for defense.

As far as the "all shields" counterstrike concept, I must agree with dalu on this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Doing some testing, I found that dropping the defense to 4 and changing Fledgling Counterstrike to:

FLEDGLING COUNTERSTRIKE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, if a Green Wyrmling rolls a shield on every die, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

...produced a really balanced figure at 35 points.
There must be an error.

With defense 4, the probability to roll 4 shields is only 1/81 (1.25%).

It's weird that with a defense bonus, the probability to trigger is lowered.

With defense 5 (height or Gerda), probabilty = 1/243 (0.4%).
With defense 6 (Raelin), probability = 1/729 (0.14%).

You can easily play a whole game without triggering the power.
There are more than 50% chances that the power never triggers in 40 attacks against a Green Wyrmling.
This is significantly weaker than other versions (most notably, the "counterstrike on whiffs" version) that didn't seem to happen enough to be interesting.

It actually takes 56 attacks against a defense of 4 before the chance of rolling all shields cracks 50%.

Last edited by dok; December 22nd, 2012 at 12:39 AM.
Old December 22nd, 2012, 01:38 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

What are the stats for a defense of 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old December 22nd, 2012, 04:31 AM

tannergx rolls all skulls baby! tannergx rolls all skulls baby! tannergx rolls all skulls baby! tannergx rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
This is significantly weaker than other versions (most notably, the "counterstrike on whiffs" version) that didn't seem to happen enough to be interesting.
Does the whiff actually have to activate a lot to be effective though? I see it more as a mind-play: Does the attacker have enough confidence in their dice to roll against it? Fear of the whiff will make some players alter their moves even if the odds are with them.

And I'm big on a high defence version - Defence 5. Aligns with Charos, keeps the GW alive against a ranged opponent, and makes the pain of the whiff even scarier to think about for heroes.

Now that I have a few days off work, I need to playtest this.

~tgx

Last edited by tannergx; December 22nd, 2012 at 04:36 AM.
Old December 22nd, 2012, 10:39 AM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Between counterstrike on a 'whiff' or on '1 or less' I think we've got the power for the card. It's a matter of testing if '1 or less' is definitively broken. If it is, 4A/4D with the whiff power feels like a safe floor for the card, getting by on stats.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old December 22nd, 2012, 12:24 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
What are the stats for a defense of 3?
2.2% against Attack 4
3.2% against Attack 3
3.4% against Attack 2
3.6% against Attack 1
3.8% against Attack 0

(Remember you need all shields and then excess shields on top of that).
Old December 22nd, 2012, 12:49 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

We could lower the defense then and buff it up a bit:

FLEDGLING COUNTERSTRIKE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, if a Green Wyrmling rolls a shield on every die, ignore any wounds and all shields rolled count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

Quote:
Old December 22nd, 2012, 12:52 PM

Quote:
We could lower the defense then and buff it up a bit:

FLEDGLING COUNTERSTRIKE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, if a Green Wyrmling rolls a shield on every die, ignore any wounds and all shields rolled count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.
You can treat that as Attack 0 then...
Old December 22nd, 2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedim Kabal View Post
You can treat that as Attack 0 then...
Right. So for a Defense of 1, it would trigger 1/3 of the time, a Defense of 2 would trigger 1/9 of the time, and a Defense of 3 would trigger 1/27 of the time.

Quote:
Old December 22nd, 2012, 01:03 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It would add an interesting twist to Tactical Switch, I like it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards