Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old February 11th, 2007, 12:11 AM

darth_stalker Woo who?
I think we still have a surprise coming...

...from the Swarm of the Marro. Maybe, just maybe, I am putting too much thought into this and getting overly worked up but did anyone notice the "XX Army cards" printed on the back of the box?

Now go back and reread the comic "Will of Ki-Mo-Shi" where she is talking about getting rid of both Jandar and Utgar. Perhaps Utgar got more than he bargained for when he started summoning the marro to Valhalla.

Anyway, here is my theory, there may be extra cards in this box that are corrections to current cards. Now every marro from Su-Bak-Na to Ne-Gok-Sa to the marrden hounds may need to say that they follow Ki-Mo-Shi instead of Utgar.

Again, just a theory but some food for thought for other conspiracy theorists out there.

Either way, will be cool for me since I'd almost be surprised if we weren't surprised

On a happier note, I am a bit more confident now that they will continue to produce RotV.

Help me doctor, I think I have hypochondria!
As the Chinese zombie said..."Blains!"
Old February 11th, 2007, 12:25 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The twist in the storyline that you propose would be huge....and very intriguing. I seriously doubt Hasbro is going to give us updated cards based on a comic storyline, but the idea still has validity in the comics and webisodes. Why not?

Utgar summons a group so nasty they are too much to handle, and all five of the Valkyrie Generals are forced into an alliance. That makes a very nice story arc that allows for longevity due to the suspension of current alliances. We'll see.

Old February 11th, 2007, 12:32 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
That is indeed a very interesting twist. That would bring Utgar more or less in line with the other generals as far as numbers. The Marro would possibly have the fewest, but they do have the common squad swarm thing going.
Old February 11th, 2007, 12:37 AM

darth_stalker Woo who?
I was wondering if my desire to see Utgar downsized was making me think too much about this. I am happy to see that you guys don't think its a stupid idea though.

markwars is probably right about Hasbro not changing the cards because of the comic. However, stranger things have happened.

Old February 11th, 2007, 12:40 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
It's not a stupid storyline idea at all. If nothing else you should explore it in the Fan Fiction area of this very message board.
Old February 11th, 2007, 12:44 AM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
I have always saw it as 6 sets of figures... Vydar, Jandar, Ullar, Einar, Marro Figurs, and Orc Figures so who knows... I doubt they will do alternative cards for it though printing cards is not cheap just to make a new version.
Old February 11th, 2007, 12:45 AM

darth_stalker Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
It's not a stupid storyline idea at all. If nothing else you should explore it in the Fan Fiction area of this very message board.
Thanks If I get the free time to do that I very well may.

Old February 11th, 2007, 12:47 AM

darth_stalker Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconious
I have always saw it as 6 sets of figures... Vydar, Jandar, Ullar, Einar, Marro Figurs, and Orc Figures so who knows... I doubt they will do alternative cards for it though printing cards is not cheap just to make a new version.
I've been thinking the same thing and even if we don't get new cards I'll probably break out the armies that way the next time I set up a massive day long game at home.

Old February 11th, 2007, 01:27 AM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!
This may be a crazy idea, but it is a possibility for all we know

-Maybe this "Hive" will allow players to generate atleast 1 duplicate unique marro squad...including the current marro warriors.

Since there has NOT been any package so far with both unique and common figures packaged together, there must be something different in the mechanicsof the marro that will come with the new master set. It appears to have 2 squads of Heavy Gunners, 2 squads of some other gunners(plague gunners?), and 2-3 squads of the bird-hounds. Perhaps these are all unique squads that can be fielded in an amount that is different from current rules--or they can be duplicated from the hive only!

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring
Old February 11th, 2007, 02:04 AM
Forum Moderator

ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby!
This isn't a bad idea, I kind of like the sound of it too. Interesting at the very least. Something new that I hadn't even thought of, I guess we'll see how it ends up, good thinking darth.

Guess who's back, back again? Chilli's back. Tell Skahen.
Old February 11th, 2007, 09:25 AM

bluekitsune13 has disabled reputation
If they do decide to make them duplicate uniques, then I bet the hive would only work for the swamp Marros. However, I think with Hasbro knowing now that people often buy multiple master sets, that they put commons in it too. That seems more plausable to me. And then the rules for the hive could encorporate all the Marro we have thus far.
Old February 11th, 2007, 10:52 AM

nine tailed fox has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconious

To print new cards could make up for the lack of terrain and characters

Light travels faster than sound. this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News