Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old June 6th, 2020, 01:22 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Hank Pym (VOTE for Initial Playtesting)

He already did the checklists.

yea
Old June 6th, 2020, 09:37 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Hank Pym (Initial Playtesting)

This passes, thanks y'all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
"You may draft this figure into the same army with any other Hank Pym figures that are Scientists that do not share a size." seems equally clear and is a little trimmer.
Coming from a player perspective, I think I'd be confused by that. The use of "additional" in the lengthier wording helps a lot IMO. But I'm also not hugely opinionated, can always just FAQ it either way.
Old June 7th, 2020, 09:24 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnobody View Post
this passes, thanks y'all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
"you may draft this figure into the same army with any other hank pym figures that are scientists that do not share a size." seems equally clear and is a little trimmer.
coming from a player perspective, i think i'd be confused by that. The use of "additional" in the lengthier wording helps a lot imo. but i'm also not hugely opinionated, can always just faq it either way.
liar!!!!!

:d

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 7th, 2020, 11:19 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnobody View Post
hugely opinionated
liar!!!!!

:d
I used the Pym Particles on my opinions. I’m now tinily opinionated!
Old June 7th, 2020, 01:03 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Hank Pym

Minor typo. Excited for this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
NAME = HANK PYM
SECRET IDENTY = N/A

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SCIENTIST
PERSONALITY = INSECURE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 90

PYM PARTICLES
You may draft this figure into the same army with any other Hank Pym figures that are Scientists. None of the additional Hank Pym figures may share a size. While this Hank Pym has an Avengers Marker on his Army Card, these Hank Pym figures are also considered to have an Avengers Marker on their cards. Start the game with this figure on the battlefield. Only one of your Hank Pym figures can be on the battlefield at a time. If another Hank Pym you control would be destroyed, instead place two Wound Markers on this card and immediately replace the Hank Pym you control with another Hank Pym in your army, if possible. If this Hank Pym is destroyed, all Hank Pym figures in your army are destroyed.

SIZE CHANGE
Instead of taking a turn with a Hank Pym you control, you may switch it with another Hank Pym figure in your army and take a turn with the other Hank Pym. Switched figures will not take any leaving engagement attacks. After revealing a numbered Order Marker on this card, you may take a turn with whichever Hank Pym you control.

ROBOTICS ENGINEERING
At the end of a round, you may choose an Android or Cyborg Hero adjacent to this Hank Pym. Remove or place 1 Wound Marker on the chosen figure’s card.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 7th, 2020, 11:16 PM
Just A Head

Updated, thanks!
Old June 7th, 2020, 11:23 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Wording still fits but at a 6.2 so trimming would be nice.
Old June 8th, 2020, 05:57 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

You could shorten

Quote:
While this Hank Pym has an Avengers Marker on his Army Card, these Hank Pym figures are also considered to have an Avengers Marker on their cards.
Down to

Quote:
While there is an Avenger Marker on this card, these Hank Pym figures are also considered to have an Avenger Marker on their cards.
(Which I'm pointing out mainly because we have Avenger Markers and not Avengers Markers)

Have we considered replacing all the instances of "Hank Pym figures" with "Hank Pyms"? Still reads clearly enough to me, and I'm not anticipating any Hank Pym spells or anything.
Old June 8th, 2020, 06:47 PM
Just A Head

Thanks Ronin! Definitely shaves a few words off.

PYM PARTICLES
You may draft this figure into the same army with any other Hank Pyms that are Scientists. None of the additional Hank Pyms may share a size. While there is an Avenger Marker on this card, these Hank Pyms are also considered to have an Avenger Marker on their cards. Start the game with this figure on the battlefield. Only one of your Hank Pyms can be on the battlefield at a time. If another Hank Pym you control would be destroyed, instead place two Wound Markers on this card and immediately replace the Hank Pym you control with another Hank Pym in your army, if possible. If this Hank Pym is destroyed, all Hank Pyms in your army are destroyed.

SIZE CHANGE
Instead of taking a turn with a Hank Pym you control, you may switch it with another Hank Pym in your army and take a turn with the other Hank Pym. Switched figures will not take any leaving engagement attacks. After revealing a numbered Order Marker on this card, you may take a turn with whichever Hank Pym you control.

ROBOTICS ENGINEERING
At the end of a round, you may choose an Android or Cyborg Hero adjacent to this Hank Pym. Remove or place 1 Wound Marker on the chosen figure’s card.
Old June 11th, 2020, 12:01 AM
Just A Head

Quote:
C3G INITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Hank Pym

Army Test 1
Map: Island Plane Crash (Glyph of Wannok)
Units: Team 1 (970): Hank Pym (90), 11th Doctor (160), Vision (285), Raza Longknife (195), Nebula (240)
Team 2 (970): Captain America (240), Hawkeye III (220), Deadpool (285), Hawkgirl (225)

Pre-game thoughts: Trying him out just on his own first, to make sure his best build isn’t just hanging out with robots.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts: Not worried about this being the optimal build. It’s just too much of a hassle to get your bots to Hank while he’s sitting in the SZ, and leaving it makes him much more vulnerable. You could maybe do a pod build with something like Jocasta and John Stewart, but even then I feel like Hank is probably the weak link there. Good to know!

Army Test 2
Units: Team 1 (790): Hank Pym (90), Ant-Man (Pym) (30), Giant-Man (180), Fire Ant Swarm x4 (40), Iron Man (Avengers) (270), Jocasta (180)
Team 2 (790): Patriot (140), Hawkeye (Kate) (140), Stature (160), Speed (160), Vision (Jonas)

Pre-game thoughts: Some potentially fun interactions here, with Vision as an Android and Stature as a Huge figure.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts: Some solid defense rolls at the end helped Hank pull out the win, but I feel like this was a pretty close game.

Army Test 3
Units: Team 1 (1,080): Hank Pym (100), Yellowjacket I, Yellowjacket II (190), Captain America (240), Hulk II (430)
Team 2 (1,080): Fantastic Four (1,000), Mass Master (80)

Pre-game thoughts: Hoping to get some versatility out of the Shrink Ray: Shrinking dangerous enemies, using it to avoid LEAs, and tossing shrunken people to places they can’t climb back up.

Cap is Hulk’s Rival, Hulk is Pym’s Obsession.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

NOTE: I played Jungle Pieces as Obstacles, allowing Hulk to interact with them. It allowed him to advance a bit quicker and get a good toss in.

Post-game thoughts: Ouch. A big win here, but I don’t feel like it totally came down to the Pyms. Cap-boosted Hulk feels absolutely deadly, and the ability to displace figures and leap around was always going to be especially effective against the F4. This mostly felt like a Hulk game with Pym and Cap as backup.

Medium Yellowjacket still kinda sucks, he just loses his gun way too easily. Big YJ, however, has always been a really solid unit, and Pym Prime does a lot to minimize his main downside, making him even better.

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: He had 2 decent wins once I actually started using the other Pym forms, but I really feel like he wasn’t a huge factor in Game 3. I’d like to keep him at 90 points, but not really sure what we could do to nerf him if he’s coming in overpowered, other than maybe dropping the Engineering. Ideas welcome.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: I really enjoyed this one! I was surprised by how many useful tactics you could pull off.

Only slightly irritating part is the way that the Size Change mechanic conflicts with Ant-Man needing an OM reveal to control his ants. It would be nice to get rid of that on Ant-Man, but it’s a not-insignificant change and I wouldn’t fight too hard for it.
Definitely think Ant-Man and Yellowjacket II are our ones to focus in on during testing. Giant-Man is okay, but YJII just fills the role better. YJI is unfortunately just kinda sucks - Shink Ray feels like just as much of a liability as a benefit. Maybe he could shine with a protector unit though.

Speaking of which, Jocasta feels like a natural pairing here, so it would be cool to see more of her in testing. I'm interested to see if anyone can get more out of Robotics Engineering than I ended up doing.
Old June 11th, 2020, 01:17 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Rough luck for the F4 there! Sounds like the design is working well though. We're already talking through some Ant-Man wording changes so now is the time for an update if any.
Old June 11th, 2020, 02:26 AM
Just A Head

Yeah, Hulk really smashed in that match. I think it’s already a great matchup for him, but he also was getting some great rolls.

My honest stance on the Ant-Man issue is that I’d be glad if an Inner Sanctum person wanted to propose it while changes to the power were already going on, but I’m also not going to fight for it if someone feels it’s an issue. Mainly just think that opening up the Ant-Men to more of the Avengers OM hub synergies is generally a good thing, especially if they’re now being limited to common Insects only.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library