Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old January 18th, 2015, 01:20 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Got in one game of Imperial Assualt tonight and I am stoked! So far think Descent, Star Wars style. Haven't even tried the skirmish mode and I am sold. Looking forward to the long road ahead for the rebellion battling the empire and my wookie smashing stuff with his vibro axe!
What do you think of the mini sculpts? How do they size up with Heroscape minis?
Old January 18th, 2015, 05:29 AM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

@Yodaking : Im painting my set right now and I like these sculpts. Ive only attempted painting Last Night on Earth figures once and had Jormi finish them for me. This time around Im enjoying it much more. I just started with the Stormtroopers and Royal Guards since they have such a simple color scheme. Im pleasantly surprised at the amount of detail that are in these figures once you really start to look at them closely. In comparison to Heroscape the Stormtroopers are the same height as the Knights of Weston. Bases are smaller (DnD sized maybe but I don't have any for comparison) The AT-ST is the same height as Nilf and Braxas but the width of the base overlaps hexes.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old January 18th, 2015, 12:15 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Some comparisons of IA minis to the old star wars minis from WotC.

Old January 18th, 2015, 12:28 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Thanks guys! The out of scale figures they released into Walmart at the same time had me confused and thinking that game was also out of scale. Now I may have to pick some up.
Old January 18th, 2015, 12:42 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Had a big six player Memoir 44 D-Day Landings here yesterday. We did the three British Beaches. One guy has two sons who play, so when they come I've already got half the people I need.

I've been playing this expansion in almost all of its versions, so next time we're going to go back to the old Overlord style battle map series. Having played them all once, the most popular was Arnheim/Market Garden, so we'll do that and still get in a game of Quartermaster General afterwards.

Speaking of which, next Saturday I'm play testing the small expansion for QMG, "Air Marshal." The designer, who it turns out used to live here in Brooklyn, will be back here to play with us. At least no rules questions will come up that we can't handle!
Old January 18th, 2015, 01:31 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Had a big six player Memoir 44 D-Day Landings here yesterday. We did the three British Beaches. One guy has two sons who play, so when they come I've already got half the people I need.

I've been playing this expansion in almost all of its versions, so next time we're going to go back to the old Overlord style battle map series. Having played them all once, the most popular was Arnheim/Market Garden, so we'll do that and still get in a game of Quartermaster General afterwards.

Speaking of which, next Saturday I'm play testing the small expansion for QMG, "Air Marshal." The designer, who it turns out used to live here in Brooklyn, will be back here to play with us. At least no rules questions will come up that we can't handle!

Sounds like fun playing Memoir '44 @chas . 8 guys were playing Overlord with Russians vs. Germans last Monday night at our event, but I didn't get a chance to get in on that one.

That's cool that the designer of the expansion Air Marshal lives near you can you get to playtest it. I think I remember my buddy in my group that has QMG mention that he might be testing it as well, but of course not with the designer

This morning I gave Legends of Andor a play, though its first Legend/scenario. I got it maybe 6 months ago at a great price of either $15 or $20 from a local game store that had it on sale. I've been itching to give it a try but just finally got around to it. I wanted to get the tokens punched and give it a play before teaching it. Pretty cool game.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 18th, 2015, 02:00 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Actually, he lives up in the 'mid Hudson Valley,' which is pretty far upstate. Guess he just felt like popping back to his old stomping grounds!
Old January 18th, 2015, 10:26 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Anyone here playing Warmachine these days? I am looking at spending an ungodly amount of money on a painted army because a local shop is starting to have regular tournaments and just wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts on the current state of the game.

I think @Jormi_Boced used to paint Warmachine stuff, not sure if he played, but he hasn't been on since Sept.
Sorry, don't play Warmahcine, but have painted some. I have a couple of starter boxes right now that I have been thinking of painting and selling on Ebay or something.

Didn't realize I hadn't logged in for so long. I have definitely visited and read some threads. I should probably try to be a bit more active)
That's cool. Glad to hear you have been around. I have always enjoyed your painted figures.
@clancampbell didn't you try to talk me into Warmachine at your last tourney at Titan Games? Are you and Xanth still playing? (If I am remembering correctly, which would be unlikely)
In an effort to be more active and share my painting here is my latest plog post.

I didn't get as much time to paint this week as I would have liked. My son turned two this week and we had a lot of fun planning his party. He likes Sid the Science Kid so we did a science themed part for him. I dressed as a mad scientist and we did some fun experiments

We thought I should make him a Sid the Science Kid cake as well.

The Tales of Downwood sets are nearing completion.

The froglodytes are still in progress at this point.

A whole flock of Fearies

Weasels

Malados

I constructed a unit of Savage Orc Boar Boys to take to Adepticon.

The local paper decided my game collection was worth writing a story about as well.
http://www.austindailyherald.com/2015/01/time-to-play/

Anyway, I am going to have another busy week getting ready for Waaagh Paca! that is coming up next weekend and then I won't be getting any painting done then. Hoping I can still maybe get the Downwood Tales minis finished this week and possibly the rest of the X-Wing minis. Would be nice to get a bit more done on the Imperial Assault minis as well.
Old January 18th, 2015, 10:35 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

@Jormi_Boced

For some reason, I cannot see any of your pictures.
Old January 18th, 2015, 10:44 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
@Jormi_Boced

Anyone else having an isssue? I can see them.
Old January 18th, 2015, 10:46 PM
C3G Landlord

I see them just fine. I'm using Firefox if that matters.
Old January 18th, 2015, 10:52 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
@Jormi_Boced

Anyone else having an isssue? I can see them.
Well, I can see them now just fine. Not sure what happened there.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games