Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 21st, 2016, 01:55 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Two-Face (II) (Design)

I withdraw my vote until we know what we are voting on.
Old September 21st, 2016, 02:02 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I cancelled the vote and changed the title after Tornado's suggestion, so the vote is not currently in place.
Old September 21st, 2016, 02:04 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Two-Face (II) (Vote for Initial Playtesting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
I can see we're going to have a clash of preferences, so I'd rather just stick with what the design had initially, so I'd prefer to just keep it at the start of the round if that's the case.

Perhaps throw in the movement in place of the OM management that was originally there, and put the OM management as an always active bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post

Just thinking out loud but you could change things a bit instead of full turns have the good side hand out figure movement and the bad side hand out attacks. Then just give him a full time criminal contingency plan power.
As you can see from my comment earlier I have no issue with that direction either.

I do prefer the less flipping option of at the beginning of the round.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 21st, 2016, 02:49 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Let's touch base on what this design is looking to accomplish.

Bottom Line: Two-Face needs to feel chaotic in terms of play, but dependable enough to the player using him, in order to warrant drafting him.

What to avoid: a design that leaves the player feeling like he can't place an Order Marker on Two-Face in fear of outright wasting a turn.

The 4 games I played with him with the initial mechanic in place, I really enjoyed those games and liked what he offered. My only issues were that the Good Side needed a little bit more reason to actually use him, and the set intervals of round to round was a little longer than I felt was ideal, but it wasn't bad either. Flipping is fun.

So, with that in mind, taking all suggestions/reasoning into account, I propose this design and we'll move forward with a slightly modified version of what was originally in place but with an added benefit of a figure's movement on the Good Side:

Quote:
COIN FLIP DUALITY
At the start of the round, before placing Order Markers, flip the Two-Face coin. Place the face-up result on this card.
  • If the Good Side is face-up on this card, after revealing an Order Marker on the card of a Crime Lord or Criminal you control, you may rearrange any unrevealed Order Markers on Army Cards you control and immediately move one other Crime Lord or Criminal you control.
  • If the Scarred Side is face-up on this card, after revealing an Order Marker on this card and instead of taking a turn with Two-Face, you may take a turn with up to two Crime Lord or Criminals you control. Two-Face may be one of the figures.
This is enough to make the Good Side feel a bit more tactical, while the Scarred Side remains purely about destruction.

My 4 games that I played went 2-2 as it was, so this little bonus shouldn't stray too much from those results, but I'll put in another 2 games with the changes made if it goes into Initials. I'll let this sit here in hopes of getting some thoughts/opinions on this minor change, and then call for another vote in a few hours if all is well.
Old September 21st, 2016, 03:05 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I think you may be on the right track. Most interested in your test results.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old September 21st, 2016, 03:06 PM

Here's those results if you want to see how it played thus far:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham
C3G INITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Two-Face II

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this character's powers should affect them.
Pass

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
Pass

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
Pass

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Pass

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Pass

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass

Army Test 1
Map: Custom
Units:
Two-Face II(165), Black Tarantula(300), Doc Oc(215), Parasite(240) (920)
vs.
Batman III(250), Green Arrow(OQ)(150), Black Canary(190), Angel(90) (920)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Units:
Two-Face II(165), Wrecking Crew (800) (965)
vs.
Star-Lord(250), Gamora(310), Bane(190), Invisible Woman(215) (965)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 3
Units:
Two-Face II(165), Black Tarantula(300), Sandman(210), Electro(135), Bulldozer(190) (1,000)
vs.
Fantastic Four (1,000)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 4 (rematch)
Units:
Two-Face II(165), Black Tarantula(300), Sandman(210), Electro(135), Bulldozer(190) (1,000)
vs.
Fantastic Four (1,000)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: .
Old September 21st, 2016, 04:15 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I believe the bonus movement needs to be defined in terms of spaces moved (4 or 5), or it needs to be written to state they get to take a turn in which they can only move. I don't recall all the reasons behind it but I seem to recall the wording coming up before. I'm fine either way you want to go with it (set move number or move only turn).
Old September 21st, 2016, 05:19 PM

I think it's all around better to go with a turn in which the person can only move. This allows synergy/combos with the likes of Black Tarantula's healing, Wizard's +1 move, Sandman's Sandstorm, and Absorption Man's markers etc. to be used. However, we'll have to see in testing how that all plays out.

The only thing that may come in too good is Sandman's Sandstorm. However, that's only able to be done when it's on the Good Side, so it may balance it out. Other than that, the double turns can still be scary on the Scarred Side. Through testing it didn't prove to be too powerful, but we could always dial back to attacking with 2 figures instead, as proposed before, if his team is coming in too strong.
Old September 21st, 2016, 05:39 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

You would be able to use Sandstorm no matter what side is flipped making Sandman a top notch choice for sure.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old September 21st, 2016, 05:57 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Wow, lots to catch up on already.

First off, as I've said before, I'm not a fan of the coin mechanic but I can live with it as long as we also do a D20/marker version. Any chance we could make the D20/marker version the "official" card (since it fits with existing mechanics) and the coin one the alternate card? It doesn't much matter either way as people will play with whichever version they like better, but I worry a little about players seeing the coin card in the OP and being turned off by having to make/find a coin proxy or not liking the coin flip mechanic.

Secondly, I like the changes to his stats. His stats, synergies, and Double Attack all look good now.

As to Coin Flip Duality, while I'd be fine with the start of every round trigger, I actually like the version where it triggers at the start of the game and then throughout the game depending on wounds being dealt. However, I agree with ZJ that the current version in the SP would trigger way too often and slow down the game. I think scaling it back to triggering on just when your figures take wounds would be fun and wouldn't bog things down.

Also, I really worry the double-activation on the Scarred Side will just be too strong. Being able to camp Two-Face at the back of your base while he hands out double activations just seems really good, especially when you consider some of the figures he works with: the Intergang Agents who can choose Two-Face for their Boss, Mentallo who can chain that to take control of an enemy, comboing Hired Guns and Doc Ock for 12 attacks, etc.

And even if it is balance-able, it'll be hard to create an equally strong mechanic on the Good Side without his cost just getting too high. Personally, I'd go with either the previously suggested movement bonding on the Good Side and attack bonding on the Scarred Side, or maybe just a single activation that gives that Criminal/Crime Lord +1 attack.

My .

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old September 21st, 2016, 07:42 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

I tried to skim the thread here so far and I think I just got confused. Lots going on with a bunch of changes. I will say I'm on board with the coin flip mechanic, though having an alternate D20 version makes sense as well.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old September 21st, 2016, 09:07 PM

Ok, changes addressed:
  1. Good side = Extra figure move (in which a movement based power could be used)
  2. Scarred side = Extra figure attack
  3. Flip at start of game then after an opponent's turn if a wound was caused. (this makes the most flipping in a round 3 times at max)
  4. Rearranging of Order Markers is done after a flip to represent Two-Face changing plans on the fly. (max of 3 times per round, same as it was before only after the flip instead of after an OM reveal)
  5. Order Markers can be revealed on any Crime Lord or Criminal for Scarred Side. (this is due to the lessening of Scarred Side's effectiveness, and to lessen the need to switch around Order Markers so often if flip goes awry)

Overall, this makes Two-Face's Scarred Side bonus a bit less powerful, but the all around reliability is better by allowing Order Markers to be placed more liberally on his Army. He'll still be making himself a vulnerable target, as his death means the extra movement/attack will no longer be possible, but the risk of all Order Markers being placed on him only to be ruined by a flip will be unnecessary to run the bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
COIN FLIP DUALITY
At the start of the game, before placing Order Markers, flip the Two-Face coin. Place the face-up result on this card. After revealing an Order Marker on a Crime Lord or Criminal card you control:
  • If the Good Side is face-up on this card, you may immediately take a turn with one other Crime Lord or Criminal you control in which you may only move.
  • If the Scarred Side is face-up on this card, you may immediately take a turn with a Crime Lord or Criminal you control in which you may only attack.
After an opponent player takes a turn, if a figure you control received one or more wounds, you must flip the Two-Face coin. Place the face-up result on this card and then immediately rearrange any unrevealed Order Markers on Crime Lord or Criminal Army Cards you control.
I'll be starting a vote for Initial here soon.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library