Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old September 19th, 2016, 08:28 AM

zeekthefreak knows what's in an order marker zeekthefreak knows what's in an order marker
Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 9/7

those are some awesome maps
Old October 23rd, 2016, 12:50 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 5/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Update 5/13

Here's another map I generated for R˙chean's contest. This ones a little cramped, but it got a pretty unique feel. Enjoy.

Map:
Cage Match
Date Uploaded: 5/13/12
Requires: 1 SotM, 1 FotA
Recently received the Hive which was missing from my SotM terrain set I purchased long ago. This was the first map we chose to build and wanted to say thank you. Well done. the build was simple enough for my son to build (just turned 9 this past week) but was still a very interesting map. He picked our teams. He went with Venoc Warlord and 3 squads of Vipers and he gave me Zeta and 3 squads of Omni-Snipers. I thought I'd be able to out Range him but his hot Frenzy and speed won out this day. It was a fun map and even with my Range advantage his Melee only army won. Very nice looking map as well.

Thank.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 23rd, 2016, 01:02 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 5/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post

Recently received the Hive which was missing from my SotM terrain set I purchased long ago. This was the first map we chose to build and wanted to say thank you. Well done. the build was simple enough for my son to build (just turned 9 this past week) but was still a very interesting map. He picked our teams. He went with Venoc Warlord and 3 squads of Vipers and he gave me Zeta and 3 squads of Omni-Snipers. I thought I'd be able to out Range him but his hot Frenzy and speed won out this day. It was a fun map and even with my Range advantage his Melee only army won. Very nice looking map as well.

Thank.
Awesome, man! Glad to hear this map worked out for you and your son. Those hot frenzy dice can really change things.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old November 15th, 2016, 03:56 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

I'm gonna build Spearmint and play a game or two on it today. Any recommendations for the glyph pool @Dignan ?

Thanks!
~HS2010
Old November 16th, 2016, 09:14 AM

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
I'm gonna build Spearmint and play a game or two on it today. Any recommendations for the glyph pool @Dignan ?

Thanks!
~HS2010
Typically, I design my maps with a random glyph pool in mind of initiative, speed, defense, healer, and wound.

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old November 16th, 2016, 09:45 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks!
~HS2010
Typically, I design my maps with a random glyph pool in mind of initiative, speed, defense, healer, and wound.
Thank you! That's really good to know.

I've always had a question about using Healer in a random glyph pool... since it's always supposed to be power-side up, and squad figures are supposedly not able to land on Healer, how does this work in a random glyph pool? Don't the glyphs stay face down until they are landed on? Is it just played as if a squad figure does reveal Healer, they just can't us it, and a Hero has to land on it to use it (I'm guessing this is right)? The only way I could think to compensate would be to reveal the glyphs at the start of the game...

How do you play it?

Thanks again!
~HS2010
Old November 16th, 2016, 02:47 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

You can't use Healer if you are playing glyphs face-down.
Old November 21st, 2016, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks!
~HS2010
Thank you! That's really good to know.

I've always had a question about using Healer in a random glyph pool... since it's always supposed to be power-side up, and squad figures are supposedly not able to land on Healer, how does this work in a random glyph pool? Don't the glyphs stay face down until they are landed on? Is it just played as if a squad figure does reveal Healer, they just can't us it, and a Hero has to land on it to use it (I'm guessing this is right)? The only way I could think to compensate would be to reveal the glyphs at the start of the game...

How do you play it?

Thanks again!
~HS2010
We always play face up glyphs after everyone deploys. The only glyphs we keep face down are treasure glyphs.

Old December 1st, 2016, 04:16 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Grutsbane Pass is a dope map Dignan. The next map I build that's not playtesting one of my own will probably be it.

Also throwback shout out to When Paths Cross. Love that map.

I'm a big fan of asymmetrical maps done well, they're very interesting and impressive to see made.
Old December 1st, 2016, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
Grutsbane Pass is a dope map Dignan. The next map I build that's not playtesting one of my own will probably be it.

I'm a big fan of asymmetrical maps done well, they're very interesting and impressive to see made.
Thanks, man. I'm also a particular fan of asymmetrical. I love how they look on the table and the challenges they can bring to the game. Of course, they are always tricky to build correctly to ensure both sides are balanced. I've got a few that are in the hopper that I need to upload.

Old December 1st, 2016, 10:42 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post

Thanks, man. I'm also a particular fan of asymmetrical. I love how they look on the table and the challenges they can bring to the game. Of course, they are always tricky to build correctly to ensure both sides are balanced. I've got a few that are in the hopper that I need to upload.
Yeah they can be a nightmare to build at times, well, depending on how asymmetrical you're going with.

I have ~10 maps built in virtualscape that I've been playtesting and playing (/teaching) with close friends on for kind of a while now that I'm excited to share on the site. I think like 5 of them are completely finalized and ready to post, and the others just need some minor tweaks.

A good number are asymmetrical, to some degree. Trying to have an even balance of perfect or almost-perfect symmetry (in different styles) and asymmetry. Anyways, I will start posting them in a couple weeks when I get home from school.
Old September 26th, 2017, 12:49 PM

Conduit is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I played a couple games on Stalwart at the weekend. I think it plays really well, plenty of cover, opportunities to flank, and with random face down glyphs it really threw a few unexpected twists and turns, head to head right up until the last two units. I very much enjoyed this one!

My Collection
ROTV | SOTM | BFTU | Marvel
RTTFF | FOTA | TT | VW | TJ
Orms Return
Wave 1(Heroes of Bleakwood/Snipers & Vipers)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios