Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old May 9th, 2006, 09:22 PM

CornPuff knows what's in an order marker CornPuff knows what's in an order marker
Anyone know about HEX rules?

So, I heard about HEX rules (an acronym, i do believe) on HSHQ before it went down. I think it was a project to formalize the rules of heroscape, and perhaps add on new advanced rules. I was interested in the concept, but the site went out before I could learn more about it! I pmed 'Bixby' ( who knew something about HEX) before HQ apocalypse, but I dont think he's going to get my message...

Does anyone know anything about what I'm talking about?
Old May 10th, 2006, 09:28 AM

Sapper has disabled reputation
I know what you are talking about. The HEX system looked like it had promise. The only thing I can say is that hopefully Bixby finds his way over here.
Old May 11th, 2006, 07:45 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
deleted by user unneeded post

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old May 11th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Bixby and Bad_Calvin were working on it...with a couple of other members...
Old May 11th, 2006, 10:52 PM

SyvarrisX has disabled reputation
Speaking of BC. I hope he gets here...

-Syv

This is a signature. This signature says that this is a signature. This signature is a waste of a signature!

-Syv
Old May 13th, 2006, 01:35 AM

Bixby knows what's in an order marker Bixby knows what's in an order marker
HEX Rules

Hard to hit a moving target on this project....

I think HEX has true promise, but with all the server problems and conversations (Now on three separate web sites) it is getting logistically daunting.

Would the real home of HeroScape forums please stand up

Seriously, when all of this volatility settles down and we can have a concerted discussion with the interested parties, I am interested in playing a large role in this. Need a few more good souls to lend a hand before I get too excited though...

Bix
Old May 17th, 2006, 11:33 AM

HokshilaTo Woo who?
I'm sure there are many who are anticipating the "rebirth" of HEX. For myself, having an advanced level of play that is consistant throughout the community would be great. When things do settle down, I hope we see futher devolopement on this.

By The Way, Thanks to Bixby, BadCalvin and the others who have been workng on HEX...
Old May 17th, 2006, 08:20 PM

SyvarrisX has disabled reputation
Yeah, I will probably try to play with HEX if it ever gets back up.

This is a signature. This signature says that this is a signature. This signature is a waste of a signature!

-Syv
Old May 30th, 2006, 12:11 AM

Ok. Now that things have settled down and this is the new permanent home of all things HeroScape. I need to ask:

Who on this site is interested in assisting with the HEX project? I do not have the benefit of the previous discussions and the small spinoff HEX discussion site is dead as far as I can tell.

Post here if you would be willing to assist.
Old May 30th, 2006, 12:37 AM

CornPuff knows what's in an order marker CornPuff knows what's in an order marker
Im a little in the dark here....
What are the goals of the HEX project?
I'd like to know before I sign up

Sudema is top notch in Heroscape: Legacy. Try out this alternative unit cost system at your next game day or tournament.
Old May 30th, 2006, 12:50 AM

HEX Objectives

To create and maintain a Single Safe Source rule book for HerosScape. The existing rules provide the base on which new / advanced rules are inserted into the book in a modular format. It means being able to use one rule book for game play. It has all of the official rules, the official FAQ for the rules and units, and adnaved rules that have been vetted by a group to make sure they are worded consistently with standard HS wording and that they add value to game play with out being too complicated or upseting the general balance of the game.
Old May 30th, 2006, 02:35 PM

Sure, I'll bite. I'm in.
I guess we should wait for a couple more before embarqueing on this magical journey for the good of all scapers. But I'm pumped and ready to go.

I take it that we can also formalise scenario rules so that they can be easily reused? Rules like boats, rescueing a figure, carrying a glyph, hiding the glyph of Kelda and so on.

I guess we should completely rephrase the master set rules, start a private correspondence and post 'press releases' to the boards. A lot like how I imagine the Codex worked.

Just thinking out loud.

Sudema is top notch in Heroscape: Legacy. Try out this alternative unit cost system at your next game day or tournament.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions