Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old March 31st, 2008, 04:13 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Star Wars Epic Duels

I picked up a copy of this at Goodwill this weekend for $4. Super-duper excited, I opened it up to find that it was missing all the figures!

I think it has all the cards, and it has all the wound markers and boards for the characters and levels. Is it worth holding onto and just using tokens or something to play?
Old March 31st, 2008, 04:21 PM

spleek has disabled reputation
I had a lot of fun with this game for 30+ plays, the cards add variety to each game if you re-play the same units. I also believe that boardgamegeek.com has links for many of the player created card sets. The minis made the game awsome for the price but there is still a good game here!
Old March 31st, 2008, 08:08 PM

King's Knight knows what's in an order marker King's Knight knows what's in an order marker
If you have everything but the figures, I'd recommend possibly getting the characters from the current StarWars mini game and use those as substitutes. It's definitely an awesome game to play, and it doesn't take too long to play each game either...
Old April 1st, 2008, 10:17 AM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker
Let me know if you want to sell it (or trade it). I have a bunch of Star wars minis that I could use in the game and I have been thinking about giving Eoic Duels a try.
Old April 1st, 2008, 11:24 AM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
This is an entertaining game. Almost impossible to find it anywhere for cheap, especially if it's complete. I am a huge fan of Star Wars and this game does a pretty good job of making it fun. Most Star Wars board games aren't too good but this one, like the Star Wars risk ones, do a good job.
Old April 1st, 2008, 12:46 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I have this, and I have been replacing the miniatures with the Wizards of the Coast SW Minis. If you poke around on Ebay, you can sometimes fing the "more expensive" ones for not too much, if you're lucky.

That being said, I still need the following ones if anybody wants to let them go for not too much, or for a trade:

Count Dooku
Darth Maul (with double bladed light saber)
Mace Windu
Boba Fett
Darth Sidious

Thanks!

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old April 3rd, 2008, 11:00 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
It is an excellent little game!
Old April 9th, 2008, 07:06 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Thanks for the info guys. I think I'm going to keep it, and find figures to use. I might get Star Wars minis (and make Heroscape customs with them also), or might get the Star Wars Legos. Can't hurt to have more Legos, can it?
Old April 10th, 2008, 01:36 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
I've only played it once, but the minis were the least exciting part about it. Some of the droids in particular were kind of hard to discern who belonged to which jedi. The cards and rules and everything seemed pretty well designed from what I could tell, but that should be no surprise given who made the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old September 26th, 2008, 09:23 AM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker
Re: Star Wars Epic Duels

I got the Epic Duels I bought off ebay in the mail yesterday and played the first game and it was a lot of fun. I had Palpatine against my son's Yoda. I had him beat (I could have used Force Lightning to finish off Yoda) but I held back and let my son win since it was his 7th birthday.

One question about the specials. Palp's Force Lightning says it does 3 points of damage (in the text and not as a combat card). I assume that you can't use a defense card to block it, but I also assume that Yoda could Force Rebound it. Am I correct?
Old September 26th, 2008, 06:12 PM

King's Knight knows what's in an order marker King's Knight knows what's in an order marker

I would say no. Yoda's card says that "when defending" which you can't do (since it's not an attack card), and "the attack number" which Palpatine's card doesn't have...
Old September 27th, 2008, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King's Knight View Post
I would say no. Yoda's card says that "when defending" which you can't do (since it's not an attack card), and "the attack number" which Palpatine's card doesn't have...
You are right. I was misremembering what the card said.

Game 2 last night: my son kept Yoda and I took Jango/Zam, He destroyed me.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games