Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 6th, 2017, 07:11 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Talking Dr. G's Customs 2.0

Welcome to the beautiful world of Dr.G's customs 2.0. Here you will find countless (well, I haven't counted them) great (well...) customs, most of which haven't even been fully playtested! Look at that, that means you can playtest them! I know that's your favorite part... If you still haven't gotten your fill of playing with non-tested customs, you could check out my old customs, though that is not highly recommended (except maybe the Twisted Metal ones, I'm considering revisiting those... Now all I need to do is get minis for them!).

Work(s) in progress:

Bob Oom
Spoiler Alert!

Damisa
Spoiler Alert!

Zirnelkis
Spoiler Alert!

A Man and his Pig
Spoiler Alert!

Demons(9)
Spoiler Alert!

Ishehdul-folks(3)
Spoiler Alert!

"Completed" Customs:

Fintana Na'e Fakamoleki "Hook"
Spoiler Alert!

GK 235
Spoiler Alert!

(3)
Spoiler Alert!

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN

Last edited by Dr.Goomonkey; November 24th, 2018 at 01:24 AM.
Old February 10th, 2017, 12:34 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Dr. G's Customs 2.0

I love the sculpt on New Gok Sa, Dr.Goo. However, sorry to say, the design as currently written is full-on broken. To review:
  • Bonds with Romans
  • Ranged special attack (multiple attacks)
  • Taelord's aura for melee figures (like those Romans) with a range of 7
  • harder to kill than Q9

There's really no price point where that power combo makes sense.

I suggest you back off his toughness somewhat, re-work support fire to be much weaker (once per turn and only if unengaged would be a start - that's still extremely strong) and maybe limit his ranged special to OM reveals, and/or make him no longer a warlord.
Old February 10th, 2017, 02:00 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Arrow Re: Dr. G's Customs 2.0

Comparing him to Taelord I see what you mean. Perhaps:

Support Fire
After a friendly figure attacks an adjacent figure that is within 7 clear sight spaces and not adjacent to Ne-Gok-Sa, Ne-Gok-Sa may attack them with one attack die. Ne-Gok-Sa may not use Support Fire if there is a Cool Down Marker on this card.

Zettian Repeater Special Attack
Range 7. Attack 2.
When attacking with Zettian Repeater Special Attack, Ne-Gok-Sa may attack one additional time. If he targets the same figure with the first and second attacks, add one die to the second attack. When Ne-Gok-Sa uses Zettian Repeater Special Attack, place a Cool Down Marker on this card. Before you move Ne-Gok-Sa you may remove the Cool Down Marker from this card.

That's a lot of text... If it fits on the card it won't bother me too much, but it is clunky.

Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old February 10th, 2017, 08:47 PM
On vacation...

I updated the OP in regards to a playtest I did with @jesus20456 today. It was NGS and 2x Grok Riders vs. Marcus Decimus Gallus, Venoc Warlord, and 3x Roman Legionnaires. It came down to 3 life NGS vs 4 or so Legos. He outlasted the Groks by a long time, and this new version of Support Fire seems a lot more balanced than the attack buff version. ZRSA is good against squaddies and heroes alike.

5 life and 7 defense made him very very tough, so now hopefully he's just very tough with 4 and 7. I didn't really want to lower his life, but I can justify that the hardships of war have worn down NGS, even if he has armored himself more.

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old February 14th, 2017, 10:23 PM
On vacation...

Well, here's the current incarnation of New-Gok-Sa:

I think this probably balances him, and opens him up to be in any army.

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old February 16th, 2017, 02:20 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Hey Dr. G, let me know if you want a quick Photoshop job on the New-Gok-Sa card, so you get the "disappearing legs" effect.
Old February 16th, 2017, 02:36 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

New-Gok-Sa
I love the sculpt! Zettian Repeater special attack is a cool throwback to the Zettian Guards (I take it that's where his arm came from). I'm really not sure what to make of Support Fire. It's a cool concept and can give you enough of a stream of free attacks that I doubt I'd use his special that often just to take advantage of it. 1 attack is pretty low and it only works if the friendly figure failed to kill the unit in question but I suspect you can sneak it in often enough to be pretty scary. He's slow enough that I'd want to carry him out there but it looks like he can give a nice edge to your army just sitting behind a screen.

Sidhir the Bleakwoode Cultist
In cast I haven't commented on him before, he seems like a powerful addition to an undead army. For armies like zombies, killing a zombie in the back can actually help you better position them while also temporarily fueling his special. Having a strong ranged special can really help their army against certain foes and having 4 dead figures can be reached easily in an army like that.
Old February 16th, 2017, 06:03 PM
On vacation...

@IshMEL if you ever want to improve things I have made, go right ahead. Actually... that goes out to everybody. Everything I do is public domain, and could probably use some improvement.

@Ixe , in the two games I've played with him, Support Fire has been pretty great. It isn't the most effective power in the world (especially against tough guys...), but it is nice to give your opponent a few more chances to whiff on defense. I'm not sure if you saw how the power originally worked, but it was an attack buff with a range of 7. Apparently that is overpowered. I think if the attack was 2 it would be too powerful.

Maybe decrease the defender's defense by one? Hmm... That seems thematic and mechanically sound to me. It would add to the clunky text, but I don't think he's going to be inducted into SoV anytime soon anyways. I think with only one attack die that probably isn't overly overpowered.

As far as Sidhir goes I haven't played with him in a long while, but he's pretty fun. He usually goes down before he can do too much damage though. I haven't done that with him, but that is an interesting idea. I usually play him with the Phantom Nights or Shades of Bleakwoode when I do use him, but I could still see sacrificing one or two. I would be much less inclined to do that with them than the Zombies though.

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN

Last edited by Dr.Goomonkey; February 17th, 2017 at 06:04 AM. Reason: I added the bit about Sidhir (actually, this time I added the reason).
Old March 12th, 2017, 11:22 PM
On vacation...

If you pay attention to everything on this site, you probably saw me discuss a figure I got today in another thread and I came to the conclusion that I would make a custom for it. Well, here it isn't:

Mech Warrior - Liao Incursion - Geo Keane - Jupiter #149

Goe Kaene (definitely not final) GK 235
Aquilla
Soulborg
Unique Hero
Guard (juggernaut? Guard seems lame but juggernaut implies toughness too much in my mind... Something will come to me [or you])
Fearsome
Large 7
Life: 3
M: 5
R: 6
A: 3
D: 6
Missile Barrage Special Attack
Range 5. Attack Special.
Goe Kaene starts this turn with 10 attack dice. Choose up to three figures within 5 clear sight spaces to target. Goe Kaene may not attack the same figure more than once in the same turn with MBSA and must attack each targeted figure with at least 3 attack dice and no more than 7 attack dice. Start the game with two Missile Barrage Markers on this card. Remove one marker to use MBSA. Goe Kaene may not use MSBA more than once in one round.
Anti-Missile System
When Goe Kaene or a friendly figure adjacent to Goe Kaene rolls defense dice against a normal attack from a non-adjacent figure add one to their defense dice.

I'll refrain from making a card until I get him more sorted out. If anybody ever wants to help with that out-sorting, I would love to playtest him with you sometime.

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN

Last edited by Dr.Goomonkey; March 19th, 2017 at 07:55 PM.
Old March 13th, 2017, 08:54 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Goe Kaene
I had misread Missile Barrage at first and thought it was two attacks of 3 and one attack of 4 on three targets, but it looks like it can split 7 and 3 on two targets and do a full 10 on a single target. Sure you can only do that twice but 10 attack dice at range is some insane fire-power that can just obliterate any given hero. In contrast, Antimissile Defense feels pretty marginal for a hero of this caliber (the extra defense die is minimal for it given 6 defense and adjacency can be tough to take advantage of when it only applies to ranged attacks). Guard doesn't quite feel right and it comes with some additional synergy baggage (especially if you use VC). It doesn't really feel like an Aquilla soulborg (stats and powers are more like a Vydar one). Overall that this guy looks like he can give you two potentially devastating attacks and then won't do much after that.
Old March 13th, 2017, 12:56 PM
On vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe
Overall that this guy looks like he can give you two potentially devastating attacks and then won't do much after that.
That is pretty much what I was going for.

As for the attack of ten on one figure... I think I like that. Look at how many missiles are on him (40, to be exact). He does definitely feel like a Vydar soulborg, but to me his sculpt is the closest thing to an Aquilla soulborg I've seen.

I hadn't thought about VC synergies with Guards, but that is a good point. I think Juggernaut is better for him.

Thanks for the feedback, @Ixe , it is always appreciated. I'll try and play a game with him soon and see what I think.

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old March 14th, 2017, 08:45 PM
On vacation...

@TheEpicAlpaca and I just played a game with GK, the armies were:

GK, Siege, and Guilty McCreech vs. Nakitas and Gorillanators x2

In this match-up, he played very much like any Vydar soulborg. Charging into battle and using both Missile Barrages in the first round he destroyed 4/6 of the figures he attacked, though it felt wrong for him to use both of them immediately like that, so we thought maybe only allow him to use one Barrage per round (while still limiting it to two uses).

He was destroyed pretty soon into the second round, and TEA was left with 4 Gorillas and 1 Nakita vs. a fully intact Siege and Guilty with one wound (from Wannok, he later died of this same glyph). Siege put on a pathetic performance and didn't destroy a single figure before being destroyed.

I think that with the change of only allowing MBSA once per round this guy will be one step closer to being "finished", I still definitely need to test him out in a situation where he would roll 10 attack against some tough hero before I want to make that call though.

Also, the other glyph (that never got grabbed) was Intercept OM, and so we were using the random numbers. The first OM was on "GK 235" and I think that is now what Goe's name is.

Thanks again, Poetic Llama.

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards