Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 31st, 2009, 01:07 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: Atlaga and the Protectors Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven View Post
And my hope Grungebob is that the protectors don't cause people to doubt using heroes at all. Contemplating is all good, but I hope that doesn't translate into everyone just taking squads because of the protectors and dwarves, etc.
I think GB's point is to keep a balanced army (squads plus heroes) for a tournament where you can meet anything. I would be leary of an Elf Wizard army against these guys, though you could probably afford a few Rats or Vipers to help balance it.

Old May 31st, 2009, 01:14 PM

Teamski is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconious View Post
The wound/attack thing when first read is a bit confusing, it should be re-worded... I can see a lot of people doing that wrong.
I agree. I interpret that you can keep rolling indefinately as long as you keep rolling a skull! It doesn't say "add a dice to the attack of the next protector attacking the target." It needs to be reworded.

-Ski
Old May 31st, 2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarpedon View Post
Most tournament scenarios/maps do not feature much in the way of elevations.
What tourney maps are you using? They ALL have elevations, and some of them very significant (for just the BoV alone).
I feel a tournement ban coming up depending on the maps....

-Ski
Old May 31st, 2009, 01:19 PM

Majai of Dreams is surprisingly tart

I am really looking forward to these units, particularly the squad. For the most part, I think they were done excellently, but I think they are undercosted. I was expecting them to pair off with the Imperium and be 140 points, just how the sentinels and minions are costed the same.
My friends and I have been in anticipation for years about what affects a flying squad with range will bring to the game.
When you look at how much value the costs go up on any ranged flyer in HS, you are looking at at least 150 points to start for Mimring or Ulginesh, and it only goes up from there. So this squad could be compared to a dragon that has a breath weapon that gets height advantage bonuses that hits 3 targets for only 110! Depending on the map this squad could make mince meat out of any short ranged figures.

Atlagas 90 point costs also lowers the bar even further. I can tell the designers took this into consideration by making the range 5 to keep it balanced.

This is not going to stop me from using them, but I think this wave as a whole is undercosted.
Old May 31st, 2009, 01:20 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamski View Post
Quote:
The wound/attack thing when first read is a bit confusing, it should be re-worded... I can see a lot of people doing that wrong.
I agree. I interpret that you can keep rolling indefinately as long as you keep rolling a skull! It doesn't say "add a dice to the attack of the next protector attacking the target." It needs to be reworded.

-Ski
You guys can't be serious....

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old May 31st, 2009, 01:21 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:

-Ski

I don't see a need for rewording. You only get to attack once per figure (as per the Master Rules), unless a power states otherwise (such as double attack). Once you roll the three dice (or more with height, Taelord, glyphs, etc.), you have already rolled your attack. The originally attacking Kyrie would not get to make an "attack phase II" with more dice from the wounds he inflicts.

At least, that's how I see it.

Old May 31st, 2009, 01:22 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What tourney maps are you using? They ALL have elevations, and some of them very significant (for just the BoV alone).
I feel a tournement ban coming up depending on the maps....

-Ski
Naw, I see no ban coming. They are good, they have potential to be competitive, but they can be beaten. Hopefully they will be competitive, but I can't see them being broken, that 3 defense will be beaten, and their 5 range won't stand against a lot of other ranged armies. Glads/blasts, snipers, kma, 4th mass will all beat these guys I think in a 500 pt game, and those are some popular armies.
Old May 31st, 2009, 01:25 PM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker

To me it seems fine. FOr example, when youre attacking Krug. He has 2 damage done to him, both by your defenders. That means that the next time you attack Krug with a defender, they roll 2 additional dice. He then gets 4 more wounds. That means the next attack on Krug with the defenders gets 6 extra dice.

A way to make this a bit easier to tell, you could use the dark red wound markers for other figures damaging the heros. Then have the light red ones be damage done by the defenders. That way you can easily keep track of which figures do the defenders receive bonuses.
Old May 31st, 2009, 01:29 PM

ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker

I really think that 4 range would have been sufficient for the Protecters. If they get an attack, range, or movement glyph they will get very powerful. Not to mention making Atlaga the only Kyrie with 5 range would have made him more special.
Old May 31st, 2009, 01:37 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeston View Post
I wonder why Bolt of the Witherwood does not use a special counter. Thats certainly been how every other limited use power in the game has worked so far.
I was going to ask if there was a counter for it. I didnt see where it was mentioned that there was no counter
There is no Counter. How often is the grenade counter actually used? With Morsbane and Tagawa, the counters are really necessary. However, players have been able to keep up with Overextend easy enough without a marker. I was disappointed because I love markers. I was looking forward to a green one.

"You either did or you didn't get the watch." You either did or didn't use the Bolt, if you can't remember maybe a thrown TV and some yelling will help you remember.

You guys catch that Altaga still gets to attack after using Bolt?
Just use a grenade marker. It has pretty much been established as the quintesntial "once per game" marker, and who ddoesn't have a second ROTV masterset (if you don't, buy one before you buy wave 9, seriously!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Quote:

-Ski
You guys can't be serious....
I'm with GB on this. The power says "when attacking", and absolutely nothing about "keep rolling". The only thing that needs to be remarked about this power is that a passing swipe is not an attack, which is a common remark for all powers worded this way, and it's in the FAQ. Other than that: clear as day. I can't ever see anyone play this wrong, unless he or she has a severe learning disability, or is still at that age where the wings of the Protectors form a serious safety hazard when ingested.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I feel a tournement ban coming up depending on the maps...
You played too much Magic. In HeroScape we don't ban units. Our game is to balanced.

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format
Old May 31st, 2009, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDD View Post
You played too much Magic. In HeroScape we don't ban units. Our game is to balanced.
Well, Woe betide the player with an all-melee army that meets up with the defenders on a map with a lot of elevation. They will perch and fire, forcing the other player to concede the game. I suppose it was his stupidity in not balancing his forces.

-Ski
Old May 31st, 2009, 01:46 PM

Knight_Of_Einar is surprisingly tart

I like them anyway, the sculpt is sweet and even if I don't play them they will still look good on my shelves.

Great Traders - Padlock, Colnago, Archiver, Tai - pan

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units