Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old May 6th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation
Re: Wave 9: Blackmoon's Siege, First Post has Update 5/6

Yes on Brawlers being Glad squad. Now Spartacus and his gladiator heroes can form an army that could actually work well. I hope their priced in a way that allows you to take 2 squads and all 3 heroes for 500.

Capuan Gladiators eh? So they're from Capua. I guess that means they're related to Campania, which I believe is where Spartacus was trained I think. Definately Einar because they work with their leaders. "Land the first strike in any battle." I guess they are the steam rollers then. I imagine they much have some kind of charging ability, similar to the Kozuke, but perhaps with the addition of disengage combined with it so they can charge through ranks?

Mohicans should be Aquilla from what we know of her. Sounds like they have a relatively mild range attack (I'm guessing range of 6 with attack 2), but they "come alive" up close, which I'm guessing means they have Melee Attack, sort of like how the Gladiatrons have Melee Defense. So they have attack of 3 or 4 or whatever against adjacent people. Blending in is cool, and feels sort of like how they would fight--ambush guerilla tactics and all. I don't know if this will be dependent on terrain, or if it will be something that requires an opponent to be adjacent for other non-adjacent figures to be able to attack them.

Axegrinders of Burning Forge. Awesome. Just awesome. Not sure what to make of thier powers, but they sound like they are just really tough. My guess is they have solid attack/defense but slow speed. When I think of Dwarves I think of high constitution/resilience, so maybe their "determination" results in some power that makes them more hearty, kinda like tough. I was hoping for Jandar and for Dividers to be some kind of worm creature for Aquilla, but since she's not getting the dividers, I'm now kinda hoping the Dwarves go to Aquilla so she gets more units.

Repulsors: Double yes. I was hoping for Omnicron stuff. Jandar since Omnicrons are his faction. But are they range or melee? They already have the snipers. My guess? I think they will be primarily melee, with high defense and an ability to prevent opponents from moving close under certain circumstances, but at the same time they have a short ranged (4 or 5) ranged attack, like an EMP cannon I'm thinking. Description says "Shutdown the soulborg traitors," so an EMP cannon attack makes sense, something that has a change of removing order markers, or to borrow a concept from D&D miniatures, temporarily reduces their move to 0.

Defenders: Thrice yes! Protectors have arrived as we thought. Flying and crossbows. These guys will be powerful. Movement power is my guess (each Kyrie has represented their general's themes, and Ullar is movement/speed). Volley is a possibility. Interesting that it specifies them being a threat to heroes.

Dividers: So they are the concept art. Given that they look like genetic crossbreeding guys (horse hoof feet), and that the story has indicated that these type of Marro are being genetically engineered in the hive a la Wo-Ga-Sa and Kee-Mo-Shi, I'm guess they have synergy with Kee-Mo-Shi. Other than that, they divide on a successful roll instead of being removed when they are destroyed by an attack. Making them potentially frustrating, or potentially fodder depending on your luck (and how high you have to roll) Utgar obviously.

Now the heroes:

Migol: Dwarf hero. Has one Shield Defense, we know that already. I wonder what else. Dwarves might bond with him. As I said above, I was pushing for Jandar, but now looking at Aquilla to boost her. Armed with a hammer and has "earth shattering" might. Looking some kind of crushing blow special attack that can stun opponents or perhaps cause an earthcrest that affects people adjacent to the target.

Brave Arrow: Powerful Mohican hero for Aquilla. Probably similar to the squad but with extra stuff to make him stand out. Might have leadership powers to make the squad work together well. He "tracks down foes," so...maybe allows the squad to chase down fleeing enemies even when its not their turn, so they remain within striking range when it is their turn.

Atlaga: The 9th Elf Wizard. For Ullar. The Spell Bolt of the WitherWood sounds like "Strength of the Oak," so I'm *positive* she/he's the Elf Wizard. Soars high means flying. Either the wizard is mounted like Ulginesh or has flying on his/her own. Bolt means lightning, should be interesting. Wonder if it has a chain lightning effect.

Kumiko: Another ninja hero. They keep popping up. So Einar, Ullar, Vydar, and Utgar have Ninja heroes. Name doesn't help me much: Kumi= people/public/group/party or under a different interpretation of the Kanji= long lasting/long time, and Ko= child. So Kumiko = group child, child of the people/public, or long time child. I'll guess Aquilla, though I guess the name might refer to a concept that Jandar most identifies with.

Tul-Bak-Ra: *Over*lord. My immediate thought: he's the Marro equivalent of Kato Katsuro. He's the super leader, the one who won't be that good in direct combat, but his teleportation ability will be massive, like probably allowing himself to transport himself and more than 1 squad with him, and over great distances without worrying about terrain height or engagement. While not powerful himself, this teleporation will allow Marro to gain significant terrain advatages. Imagine how he might boost the G'Roks if he can teleport them say, 8 spaces, then when they take their turn they move another 7. That's fast movement.
Old May 6th, 2009, 04:59 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

News! WOO!!
Old May 6th, 2009, 05:03 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks Knight of Einar for the update. I guess after 100 pages of info I just dont look at the first page any more....

But yes, that info should spurr on at least another 100 pages. As for Vydar not getting enough units, I would agree with that. However, while Vydar does have the fewest units, he does have some of the best quality units. Perhaps his army is more geared towards quality of quantity?

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old May 6th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Wave 9: Blackmoon's Siege, Announced!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
I keep wondering if there is a 3rd Master set in the works, with Vydar and Aquilla. It just seems like such an obvious hole currently. (My notes, above, though do give a few more units to Aquilla--though, we'll see how accurate I am.)
I suspect the same thing. Truth mentioned that he was currently working on something with WotC for HeroScape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth View Post
.....I just haven't been able to work the podcast into my schedule. I'm working with Wizards on something for heroscape.....
I can not imagine what would be more important for HeroScape right now, other than a new Master Set with loads more Aquilla and Vydar units.
Old May 6th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My Argument for Dwarves Being a Vydar Unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseMouseGames View Post
Dwarves: Stout and fearless, no opponent can intimidate the Axegrinders of Burning Forge. Determined and calculating, they sweep over the battlefield and lay waste to all manner of beasts and villains.
First off, giving the dwarves to Vydar would create a nice balance in the packaging. Each general would have one squad. While this doesn’t really mean anything it’s something useful to keep in mind as it would create a pattern. As far as we know there are no Vydar Units in the hero pack either (with the possible exception of Migol and Kumiko, though my money says Kumiko will be an Aquilla unit) and I think there has been enough general whining from the community in the past over expansions where generals are over/under represented for that to have some effect on the release schedule.

The only solid thing we really have to work with is that the unit's name is “Something (probably ‘Dwarven’) Axegrinders.” I'm assuming that the choice to use the term "axegrinder" was a deliberate and chosen to depict their personality more than just because "dwarves use axes." Working off that assumption, it’s fair to assume that these dwarves hold grudges. (To “grind an axe” means that one holds a grudge or vendetta for those unfamiliar with the euphemism.) This fits perfectly with Vydar’s personality, as he’s depicted in Thormun’s Journal. As do their personality descriptions of “determined” and “calculating.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thormun’s Journal #27
After ushering ourselves as close as comfort will allow, the seated kyrie raises his head and begins to speak in a low and growling voice, “Why have you come here, Thormun son of Sennavig and Beldun son of Beldar?”

I clear my voice, preparing to speak, but am cut short as Beldun steps forward and drops a knee saying, “I come representing my lord Ullar. He wishes to extend to you his hand in friendship.”
I remain standing, but echo Beldun, “And I come in the name of Jandar, who too wishes to pursue a mutual friendship.”
Vydar leans forward, his face now in the light. Along his right eye runs a large scar. His square jaw bears the shadow of a beard, his long black hair crowds in around his weathered face. In a slow, purposefully enunciated, and irritated tone he replies, “And what makes Jandar and Ullar think I am in need of friends?”
“We have traveled through your land. We have seen its decay. We only wish to…”
Vydar cuts Beldun short. “You only wish to what?! To change the flow of our rivers’ water to move upstream?! The water that feeds our land runs out of Upper Bleakwoode and Ostriyick. It has become tainted by Utgar’s hordes. Vile and disgusting creatures, they plague the land with their filth. And my own people turn against me. They blame me for this! Fools! They believe that we can simply escape war by running from it. They’ve retreated south into Kinsland, beyond my protective reach. I’ve been abandoned by my own people, my land is dying, and my armies wear thin trying to wrest control of the water’s source from Utgar. Now what is it you think I have to offer your mutual friendship?”
Now, Vydar has been abandoned by his Kyrie (though conceivably he could recruit Kyrie from Valhalla’s past . . . though that’s another point entirely) and I’ll be coming back to this in a minute. First I want to discuss the Migol connection.

Migol is described as carrying a dwarven hammer. There are three basic ways he could have it; one, he’s a dwarf, two, it was given to him as a gift (likely by a dwarf or by the kyrie associated with the dwarves), and three, he acquired it through some other means. We can probably throw out number three as an option as most explanations that fit with that option muddy up the story. In the second case, the associated argument relates to my previous one based on unit balance.
(Do we happen to know anything about Migol that could give us any more information to work with?)

However if Migol himself is a dwarf, things begin to “click” in an interesting way due to the implication that dwarves are Valhallan natives . Vydar has been abandoned by his Kyrie followers, so naturally he would begin to seek people to replace them. I’ve read references to an underground portion of his castle (I don’t know where this is from and any info as to the source would be appreciated). Being as dwarves usually live underground it provides a connection between Vydar and the dwarves. And it opens up some fertal background areas.

Mechanically, the only melee units Vydar currently has are the Gladiatrons, Dund, Otonashi, and to a lesser extent, Agent Carr. Really, Vydar is starving for melee troops in a way that none of the other generals are really lacking in anything (except Aquilla, but she hasn’t been around long enough for anyone to really complain yet).

I know some of my premises are a bit shakey, but I'd say it all holds together fairly well

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old May 6th, 2009, 05:27 PM

Teamski is surprisingly tart

Thanks Sandra for that sweet bit of intel!! Interesting selection this time Around. And I thought the Braves were going to be of the Atlanta type. Silly me!

-Ski
Old May 6th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ullar's Protectors!!!!!!!!

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.
Old May 6th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:

Braves and Brawlers: The Mohican River Tribe lie in wait, blend in with their surroundings, and pick off their approaching enemies with pinpoint accuracy. But face to face, they truly come alive, fighting with furious might. The Capuan Gladiators are ready to charge forward at their leader’s side to land the first blow of any battle. This pack includes 6 painted figures and 2 army cards.
3 Indians, 3 Glads. Glads could have a first strike power like Valgard.
Quote:
Dwarves and Repulsors: Stout and fearless, no opponent can intimidate the Axegrinders of Burning Forge. Determined and calculating, they sweep over the battlefield and lay waste to all manner of beasts and villains. Only the Soulborg can defeat the Soulborg. Therein lies the power of the Omnicron Repulsors. With Repulsors on your side, you will shutdown your opponents’ Soulborg traitors. This pack includes 7 painted figures and 2 army cards.
4 Dwarves and 3 Omnis. The first anti-soulborg power! Finally something to threaten those Glad/Blasts and maybe even Q9...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTMaster
Repulsors: But are they range or melee? They already have the snipers. My guess? I think they will be primarily melee, with high defense and an ability to prevent opponents from moving close under certain circumstances, but at the same time they have a short ranged (4 or 5) ranged attack, like an EMP cannon I'm thinking. Description says "Shutdown the soulborg traitors," so an EMP cannon attack makes sense, something that has a change of removing order markers, or to borrow a concept from D&D miniatures, temporarily reduces their move to 0.
I'm thinking they're ranged, just like the other Omnis and the EMP-type power will be their only one.

Quote:
Dividers and Defenders: The ranks of your Marro Dividers are seemingly endless. Your opponents try to cut them down, only to see them duplicate and come back stronger than ever! Ullar’s elite Protectors are masters of teamwork. They patrol the skies and strike fear in even the most powerful heroes with focused attacks from lethal crossbows. This pack includes 6 painted figures and 2 army cards.
3 Marro, 3 Kyrie. Protectors at last. Thes guys will rock!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTMaster
Dividers: Other than that, they divide on a successful roll instead of being removed when they are destroyed by an attack. Making them potentially frustrating, or potentially fodder depending on your luck (and how high you have to roll).
This sounds kind of messy unless it's limited to placing a Divider who was previously destroyed.

Quote:
Heroes of the Moon Tribe: Migol Ironwill swings his dwarven war hammer with earth-shattering might. Brave Arrow of the Mohicans stealthily tracks down his foes. Atlaga soars high and carries the deadly Bolt of the Witherwood. Kumiko, trained in the lethal art of ninjutsu, savages enemies with a barrage of flurrying blows. Marro overlord Tul-Bak-Ra uses his advanced alien powers to teleport himself - and his troops – across the battlefield. This pack includes 5 painted figures and 5 army cards.
Now things get really interesting. I thought Migol was a Kyrie but Xn F M's comments above make sense that he could be a Kyrie or a Dwarf (making dwarves native to Valhalla). Very cool.

When I first read this I thought Atlaga was a Kyrie Hero (most likely Ullar or Aquilla) but RT Master's assumption that he's the 9th Elf Wizard makes the most sense.

Kumiko could be Aquilla or Jandar. It depends. Aquilla's already got a squad and Hero (Indians). Jandar might too idf the Dwarves and Migol belong to him. But he's already got a squad of Omnis and that would leave Vydar with no units in this expansion (and that would just be wrong). So maybe the Dwarves are Vydar as Xn F M proposes. Now that I think about it, everyone gets a squad n hero except Jandar and Einar (who just get squads). Yep, I'm giving Kumiko to Aquilla. That gives her 1 squad and two heroes. My brain hurts...

And a Marro OVERlord?!! I'm giddy...

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations

Last edited by The B.I.V.; May 6th, 2009 at 05:55 PM.
Old May 6th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

Hahaha I can't believe I got so many right. Now for my general thoughts.

Braves and Brawlers
Mohican River Tribe (3) (75% sure)
Capuan Gladiators (3) (100% sure)

Dwarves and Repulsors
Axegrinders of Burning Forge (4) (50% sure)
Omnicron Repulsors (3) (100% sure)

Dividers and Defenders
Marro Dividers (3) (100% sure)
Ullar’s Elite Protectors (3) 100% sure)

Heroes of the Moon
Migol Ironwill (50% sure)
Brave Arrow (75 % sure)
Atlaga (100% sure)
Kumiko (girl) (95% sure)
Tul-Bak-Ra (100% sure)

I agree. The dwarfs could be Vydar,but I'm not convinced just yet. Sense the name of the pack is Blackmoon's Siege,Blackmoon is a character of Aquilla (just by his name) wouldn't that mean Aquilla is the main general of the set?

Also Atlaga could be the 9th elf wizard, when I seen bolt I thought of a crossbow bolt,but no I think of other things like magic. There for no matter what, I think Atlaga will be for Ullar no matter what. Also Witherwood sounds like something a elf would name a spell.

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.

Last edited by iceman3317; May 6th, 2009 at 05:53 PM.
Old May 6th, 2009, 06:01 PM

Poseidon's trident is surprisingly tart

Iceman, can i copy and paste your list again?

Twas' a bad day when I almost quit Heroscape.
Old May 6th, 2009, 06:02 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think its a bit of a stretch to assume ALL of Vydars followers abondoned him. He could of use that a term of his frustration. If ALL of his followers left then he would NOT have any army to speak of. I would believe he would still have his loyal group of followers with him. I would say that because of the water shortages alot of the civilians are leaving, but the army would still be there fighting for their nation and homes.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old May 6th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

Hold the Presses!!!

I just checked Thormun's Journal.

Number 3, down near the pic of Beldun. Atlaga is Ullar's Commanding Kyrie Protector.

For some reason I thought Beldun was, but I guess he's technically "Ullar's right hand man," while Atlaga is the captain. He speaks with Beldun in that chapter and greets the heroes that have arrived.

I never considered "bolt" as in Crossbow bolt. So that's who Atlaga is.

9th Wizard is still missing; and I was hoping we'd get him/her in this one.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News