Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old February 20th, 2009, 02:48 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Battleplan: A Heroscape Army Builder

Ever since the latest version, I can't get Battleplan to load ... I get the loading progress bar, it fills to the end, then it just freezes. FF 3.x on both Windows and Linux. Any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
*) Some of the card images are funky in odd ways ... where are you getting those from? ... Why don't you just pull all of them from the gallery?
The weird cards are coming from Hasbro's website, I presume. Many of their cards have green borders and offset hit zones. Heck, some even have hit zones for other units.
Well, then, all the more reason that Jay should take my suggestion: the cards here in our gallery are both more complete and better looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
A nice addition would be to add a list of units that benefit (or provide benefits) for the specials. For example: if a card has human champion bonding, then list the human champions.
++ that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0scaper View Post
Great tool!! This is the suggestion box, right? How about in the Unit Grouping section you can set it to General then Master Points (as an extra option).
Actually, a generalized secondary sorting feature would be pretty sweet.
Old February 22nd, 2009, 06:31 PM

Toddredd has disabled reputation
Thumbs up Re: Battleplan: A Heroscape Army Builder

I've been using Heroscape Army Builder at http://westend.d2g.com/heroscape/Default.aspx which works much the same way as Battleplan, but lacks some really useful information about your army, especially the number of spaces.

I'd like to see a save and load feature so we can capture armies created by other players, with the ability to search by army strength, figure names, valkyrie association, planet of origin, etc.

The final printed results look great and are very useful.

- Todd
Old February 23rd, 2009, 12:24 AM

Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've aggregated the feature suggestions made in this thread and put them in a list in the first post. I've also put the "votes" out beside each suggestion and links to the posts. This will give us a quick reference to what the community wants to see want in Battleplan. (For those of you with the "Ventriloquism" special power, I invite you to help me keep the suggestions list updated.)

Last edited by Jay Cain; February 23rd, 2009 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Removed some overly redundant redundancy
Old February 23rd, 2009, 10:37 AM

Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Ever since the latest version, I can't get Battleplan to load ... I get the loading progress bar, it fills to the end, then it just freezes. FF 3.x on both Windows and Linux. Any ideas?
We are currently unable to reproduce this problem. Can you send me the JavaScript error (Ctrl+Shift+J)? You can PM it to me if you prefer.

Is anyone else having the same problem in Firefox?

Old February 23rd, 2009, 11:41 AM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Cain View Post
Is anyone else having the same problem in Firefox?
No... Though I am on a Mac, if that matters.
Old February 23rd, 2009, 01:10 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
I've aggregated the feature suggestions made in this thread and put them in a list in the first post. I've also put the "votes" out beside each suggestion and links to the posts. This will give us a quick reference to what the community wants to see want in Battleplan.
Nice!

Quote:
(For those of you with the "Ventriloquism" special power, I invite you to help me keep the suggestions list updated.)
Heh. Okay, I'll pitch in when I can.

Quote:
Quote:
We are currently unable to reproduce this problem. Can you send me the JavaScript error (Ctrl+Shift+J)?
Hunh. Well, that's weird ... I went to reload to get the error, and it's working now (at least on Windows; haven't tried the Linux box yet). So either you fixed it by accident, or (more likely, since no one else reported it) I did something to my FF without realizing it that fixed it. I am an extension slut, admittedly, so it could be any of the myriad of extensions I have ... I can't recalling installing or uninstalling anything, but I certainly might have updated something that was conflicting.

I'll keep an eye on it. Thanx for reminding me about the JS window; I always forget that, then when someone reminds me, I vow to remember it next time. Then I promptly forget again. But I'm not much of JS developer, so potentially that explains it.

Still waiting for an answer on what language/framework you're developing in, BTW.

EDIT: Forgot to mention: I did notice a few warnings in the JS window, if you care. The following two little guys

Code:
Warning: Error in parsing value for property 'filter'.  Declaration dropped.
Source File: http://mythacle.com/battleplan/res/battleplan.css
Line: 1
Warning: Unknown property 'text-overflow'.  Declaration dropped.
appear four times in a row. Just FYI.
Old February 23rd, 2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Still waiting for an answer on what language/framework you're developing in, BTW.
Server-side is generally PHP+MySQL. We're not using any prepackaged framework. All code is of Mythacle origins.

Quote:
EDIT: Forgot to mention: I did notice a few warnings in the JS window, if you care. The following two little guys

Code:
Those are CSS "errors", both due to the browser not recognizing some non-standard properties needed for cross-browser compatibility or general coolness. Thanks for letting me know, though.

Old February 23rd, 2009, 03:50 PM

NotsoP is surprisingly tart

There are a couple of errors with the info for Hatamoto Taro. The first ability should be titled "Heroic Defense Aura", his Attack stat should be "2", and the card image shows him at 100 pts with a different rule version for his defense aura. I think the card from the Hasbro website was a playtest level card that was changed before production.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...&postcount=109

The card and stats from the 'Books' is accurate.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=8403

Probably won't matter as no one will add him to any army anyway.

Notsop

"... what did he mean 'slow of mind'?"
Old February 23rd, 2009, 05:20 PM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker

I agree that we should be able to save our armies.

Without dark, there is no light.
Without bad HScape figs, there are no good ones.
Dund is important, therefore
Old February 23rd, 2009, 05:36 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Server-side is generally PHP+MySQL. We're not using any prepackaged framework. All code is of Mythacle origins.
I thought so. It looked like a home-brew (which is very cool). I did notice some "tag soup" in the markup, like some <td> tags without a closing </td> tag. Even if the element is empty, it's good practice to have closing tags (or use the "empty" tag like <td /> for example).

Quote:
Quote:

Code:
Those are CSS "errors", both due to the browser not recognizing some non-standard properties needed for cross-browser compatibility or general coolness. Thanks for letting me know, though.
Some of this could be because the page loads in "Quirks Mode". Not sure what version of HTML you're shooting for (I assume 4) but a DTD at the top might help put the page in "Standard Compliance Mode".

In FF, to see if Quirks or Standard, go to Tools > Page Info, then see Render Mode on the General tab.

Last edited by GaryLASQ; February 23rd, 2009 at 08:23 PM.
Old February 23rd, 2009, 05:45 PM

oracle92 knows what's in an order marker oracle92 knows what's in an order marker
Lightbulb Re: Battleplan: A Heroscape Army Builder

Yes, I too agree that the ability to save a army in progress and work on it later and work on other armies at the same time would be really cool and useful.

Also, another way the units could be sorted could be sorted could by synergy; for example, all units that can benefit from "Soldier Leadership" would be under one group, all units that benefit from "Frenzy enhancement" under another and so on.

And on the right side of the screen, where it shows what units are in your army, it would be cool if it showed lines connecting units that had synergies.

But yeah, keep up the great work!

The dice help those who help themselves.
Old February 27th, 2009, 01:17 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:

Suggestions:
  • When you say you have collections "in the works", I hope that means that you will be able to put in what figures you have, and how many of each common squad, so that you don't accidentally end up building an army you can't actually field. Obviously this would be important to save to the user's hard disk somehow.
  • Pretty much anything that HS Manager can do, I think this should be able to do too. I can't think of anything that HS Manager did that wasn't necessary, so I hope you will be mining its interface for good ideas. In particular, being able to name and save your armies, and also being able to specify customs (even if only at a very simple level) are pretty important, I would think.

Again, fantastic first effort and keep up the good work!
I agree with Xotli, being able to save and name your armies as well as add Customs is esential. I Also agree that this is fantastic work!. Thanks for your contribution!

-ZB

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software