Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old January 19th, 2012, 08:18 PM

Glottengeich Woo who?
I need help for an upcoming season

Hi, me and my friends are having a season game worth 1000 pts, is the army. I want to have a good competitive army to fight these guys with, and I need help figuring it out, and finding models that are actually IN STOCK, for this 1000 pt army.

I know for a fact that:

two of them are bringing Mysterio, where if you attack him or anyone adjacent, he has the chance of making it so you attack anyone else in range, including your own units.

One is bringing Wyrmlings, the ones that include a black one that does auto wounds, and they can continue taking turns with each other.

One will be bringing Captain America, and a bunch of heroes that give additional dice to his army, including Taelord etc.

One will be bringing mass amounts of drow.

Any help for a 1000 pt army that is in stock would be great, thanks.

"The Brave are always the ones to die first"
- Magneto
Old January 19th, 2012, 11:24 PM

Glottengeich Woo who?
Re: I need help for an upcoming season

bumpadump

"The Brave are always the ones to die first"
- Magneto
Old January 19th, 2012, 11:27 PM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Any idea what kind of battlefields will be used and if there will be any starting zone restrictions?
Old January 19th, 2012, 11:37 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

When you say "In Stock", what do you mean? Are you going to buy 1000 points of figures to play, or do you mean from your collection?

120 Fen Hydra
200 Iron Golem x2
225 Jotun
120 Krug
150 Major Q10
185 Nilfheim
1000/14

Probably could use some rats or something to screen.
Old January 20th, 2012, 02:00 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Auggies has so much! All the units below are available:

It's Really Not Fair!

220 Captain America (of your own)
225 10th x 4
185 Nilfeim
180 Taelord (2 can play that game)
100 Marcus
80 Raelin
10 Isamu
1000, 23 spaces
Old January 20th, 2012, 10:50 PM

armiller2015 is surprisingly tart

If you want to frustrate to no end, and be competitive, I would recommend this:

SBN - 160
Marro Hive - 320
Stingers x8 - 800
Marro Warriors - 850
Marrden Nagrubs x5 - 1000
Old January 20th, 2012, 11:57 PM

screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by armiller2015 View Post
If you want to frustrate to no end, and be competitive, I would recommend this:

SBN - 160
Marro Hive - 320
Stingers x8 - 800
Marro Warriors - 850
Marrden Nagrubs x5 - 1000
This would have been an epic Marro army but 51 hex spaces is a concern for starting zone restriction.
Old January 21st, 2012, 01:14 AM

armiller2015 is surprisingly tart

Did not realize it took up 51 spaces. If there are limitations, you would definantly want to switch out some Stingers or Nagrubs for some more Marro heroes .
Old January 21st, 2012, 10:06 AM
Christmas Custom Contest Champion

sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby!

How about:

Braxas
Cyprien
Sonya
Nilfheim
Stingers x5
Isamu

1000, 22

Or

Chainfighters x40 . Jk

2 time winner of the Gencon Team Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Special Attacks are severely modified by death.
Trade Thread Selling most of my collection!
Old January 22nd, 2012, 12:27 AM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I would probably go with a Marro army. Availability is easy and the swarm mentality is super fun to play. I am more of a Hivelord fan than a stinger fan, but at a 1000 points you can easily do both. Su-bak-Na and Tor-Kul-Na are both pretty competitive with Marvel Heroes.
Old January 27th, 2012, 08:51 PM

Irish Brigade is surprisingly tart

Availability seems to be an big concern here. I think that an interesting route to go here would be to do orcs. They're cheap and easy to find on sites like EBay. Most of the heroes you would want are also just as easy to find with the exception of krug. As far as a thematic army, and I find that many low cost commons with good tactics is alot of fun to play. So I would go with:
Blade Gruts x6
Grimnak
Tornak
Nerak
Arrow Gruts x4
Swog Riders x2
Krug
Mimring
Isamu
Old January 28th, 2012, 01:33 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Brigade View Post
Availability seems to be an big concern here. I think that an interesting route to go here would be to do orcs. They're cheap and easy to find on sites like EBay. Most of the heroes you would want are also just as easy to find with the exception of krug. As far as a thematic army, and I find that many low cost commons with good tactics is alot of fun to play. So I would go with:
Blade Gruts x6
Grimnak
Tornak
Nerak
Arrow Gruts x4
Swog Riders x2
Krug
Mimring
Isamu
With that many Utgar Heroes, I'd be tempted to take out 1 squad of Arrows and a squad of Blades for Ornak. Besides, more bonuses for Orc Warriors never hurt anyone (except your opponent).

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles