Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old June 7th, 2011, 01:40 PM

Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Tournament: Des Moines Seasonal 'Scape

Seasonal ‘Scape Tournament

Results Here!

When: August 20, 2011
1st Round Start Time: 10:30 AM
Entry: Heroscape Booster or Similarly Priced Game Item.
Where:
Jay's CD and Hobby

3315 SE 14th Street
Des Moines, IA 50320
Format:
  • 495 points
  • 24 hexes
  • No Marvel or Customs
  • Found Treasure:At the beginning of every game, your army will find one treasure glyph and place it on one of your unique/uncommon hero cards. A twenty sided die will determine what treasure glyph everyone gets. Each player is responsible for bringing his/her treasure glyphs (you could bring one Brandar’s Chest as a placeholder).
    • (1-5): Elixir of Speed (+4 Move)
    • (6-10): Ring of Protection (+ 3 Defense)
    • (11-15): Revenant’s Tome (Resurrect figure you control for one attack)
    • (16-20): Belt of Giant Strength (+ 2 Attack for an adjacent attack)
  • Weather Variant: A twenty sided die will be rolled at the start of the day. That determines the first season for the first game. For each other game, the season changes in order (Spring -> Summer -> Fall -> Winter)
    • Winter: Water and Swamp Water tiles are treated like slippery ice tiles.
    • Spring: Watch out for lightning storms. At the end of every round, all figures whose height is greater than 10 from the lowest level of the map must roll a twenty sided die. If a 1-8 is rolled, that unit takes wound. Example: If Q9 is standing on level 0 his height is 7. If Q9 is standing on level 4 his height is 11.
    • Summer: The Summer heat can be exhausting. If a figure moves it’s full move value during it’s turn (including all bonuses), that figure is exhausted and must roll 1 less die when making a normal attack that turn.
    • Fall: Mist and blustery Autumn winds make targeting your opponents more difficult. All figure's range values for any attack are reduced by ½ (round up).
  • Power Glyphs: All power glyphs will be placed randomly for each game. After both players have placed their figures, but before order markers are placed, reveal all power glyphs on your map.
    • Valda (Move + 2)
    • Gerda (Defense + 1)
    • Rannveig (No Flying)
    • Lodin (Lucky 20 Sider)
    • Brandar (Artifact: Negates any “seasonal” effects for both players).
Maps
Spoiler Alert!

Participants
1. Obsidian
2. Iowa_Scaper
3. Mrs. Iowa_Scaper
4. Arya's dad
5. Matthias Maccabeus
6. Supergeek
7. Heff
8. Shockma Ranyk
9. Shockma Ranyk's Dad
10. Arya
11. TorfinSS
12. Eddie
13. Queenmojo
14. Raider30
15. TinyTimmy
16. JustChris

Maybes
Velshen
Heroscape Elffy
Lee

Last edited by Obsidian; August 22nd, 2011 at 08:53 AM.
Old June 7th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Re: Tournament: Des Moines Seasonal 'Scape

It's too early for me to know for sure at this point especially since Gen Con is at the beginning of that month but you know I'll be there with a car load if it's possible.

So will it only be 4 rounds or will you just repeat the first season for the 5th game if needed?

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old June 7th, 2011, 01:52 PM

Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
So will it only be 4 rounds or will you just repeat the first season for the 5th game if needed?
Yes, if we go more than 4 rounds we'll start the season cycle over.
Old June 8th, 2011, 05:08 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Put Codeman down for a strong maybe.

It falls one week before the Border Bash II ( PDGA sanctioned disc golf tourney between IA & MN )... I put this event on so I may be kinda busy the week before but I should be able to make it down to DSM for this ( want to ).

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old June 8th, 2011, 09:24 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You can put me down for a maybe. With Gencon at the beginning of August I'm just not sure about making it to a tournament in the same month. I'll try my best though.

Is there any way we can either replace Erland or maybe make it work more like Saylind's ability? I personally don't like the glyph one bit. Ive seen and experienced many games that are won because of that glyph. If I'm the only one that doesn't like it thats fine I can deal but I really think it can be overpowering at times. Its just one of the glyphs Id prefer to not see in a competitive environment.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old June 8th, 2011, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
It's too early for me to know for sure at this point especially since Gen Con is at the beginning of that month but you know I'll be there with a car load if it's possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubobj View Post
You can put me down for a maybe. With Gencon at the beginning of August I'm just not sure about making it to a tournament in the same month. I'll try my best though.
What if I push this back a week? Does that make anybody more comfortable with this being close to Gen Con?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubobj View Post
Is there any way we can either replace Erland or maybe make it work more like Saylind's ability? I personally don't like the glyph one bit. Ive seen and experienced many games that are won because of that glyph. If I'm the only one that doesn't like it thats fine I can deal but I really think it can be overpowering at times. Its just one of the glyphs Id prefer to not see in a competitive environment.
I'll think about some other glyph to use.
Old June 8th, 2011, 09:40 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Does spring mean you take the level they're on plus their height to get the 10 levels higher than the lowest level?

And you can put me down as a maybe. I know my way around Des Moines better than the Cities, so I might be able to get myself there.
Old June 8th, 2011, 11:21 PM

twotongues is surprisingly tart

Put me down as a maybe.
Old June 8th, 2011, 11:29 PM

Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Put me down as a maybe as well.

- Raider30
Old June 8th, 2011, 11:49 PM

ThorfinSS is surprisingly tart
Attendance

Is this a post for a tournament in 2012 or is that a typo?

Either way put me down as a maybe.
Old June 9th, 2011, 08:29 AM

Re: Attendance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscape Elffy View Post
Does spring mean you take the level they're on plus their height to get the 10 levels higher than the lowest level?
That's correct. If your Q9 was on level 1 of a map (with the base water level being level 0), his total height would be 7+1=8. If he stepped up to level 3, his height would be 10 and he'd be safe from lighting. If he stepped up any other levels, then he would have a height greater than 10 and could be struck by lightning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorfinSS View Post
Is this a post for a tournament in 2012 or is that a typo?
That was a typo. This event is for 2011. Thanks!

Last edited by Obsidian; June 9th, 2011 at 11:10 AM.
Old June 9th, 2011, 10:37 AM

ThorfinSS is surprisingly tart

Thanks goodness. I was a little intimidated by a gamer planning over a year in advance.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events