Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 20th, 2018, 11:01 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Talyn's Custom Units - Govuru Scorpion

How do the mechanics of placing a new terrain tile function? If it's like Mika Connour, wherein the tile is simply placed on top of another, then the movement bonus gained from the Govuru Scorpion is somewhat negated by needing to climb up to a new level (and no other units currently gain a bonus from Sand).

EDIT: I just saw that the Govuru can ignore elevation when moving onto a sand space with Desert Pounce, but this wouldn't be applicable to gain the bonus initially. I'm also not a big fan of changing the climbing rules like that (for example, it might be confusing when climbing up a tower for which spaces are ignored).

What's really interesting is the potential to set up new maximum levels of height to maps (thankfully, there are bonding options for this unit to take full advantage of it, but a Spider screen and some Mohicans or Mariedians could set up new levels of height).

I would also suggest copying a lot of the wording from Mika Connour to avoid potential issues, and specifying the number of Sand tiles that each Scorpion starts the game with (either 3 or 2 should be plenty), to prevent players from making unreachable stacks of height. There should probably be more restrictions as well, such as preventing it from being placed on a sand space, to combat builds with many Scorpions in a large game.
Old June 21st, 2018, 12:45 PM

Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks for the tip, I had not seen that card before. That gave me other ideas and Ive modified the card as such.

Im not sure if the "instead of moving normally" now confuses the "after moving and before attacking" on Paralyze, but here it is.

Sand burrow gives you more movement, and a way to jump around the board, but also still has the 8 space limitation and you'll still take leaving attacks. Its different from Mika in that the new sand tiles are spaced around the board instead of directly under the figure, which allows for the spreading of the power.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Govuru-Scorpion(1).jpg (639.3 KB, 5 views)

Old June 21st, 2018, 05:02 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I like these changes. They solve a lot of the remaining issues that I had with the design, although I am still slightly hesitant on an ability that can add height to the map.

"Instead of moving normally" won't prevent Paralyzing Strike from working. I believe that the official ruling was that "after moving and before attacking" only refers to when the power can be activated, and does not require a figure to either move normally or to attack.
Old June 21st, 2018, 06:34 PM

Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby!

Should I have an explanation that Paralyzing strike cant be used if you used Desert Burrow or is there a simpler way to say that? Its already getting a bit wordy.

Old June 21st, 2018, 07:09 PM

If you want to limit it to only turns that a player doesn't use Desert Burrow, then you have to add the clause to the end of it (the first official example to come to mind for me is The Incredible Hulk's abilities, one of which has a similar clause that it can't be used on the same turn as another one). I'm not aware of another way to prevent both from being used in the same turn.
Old June 22nd, 2018, 05:17 PM

After thinking on it more, it seems a bit odd to have large land tiles tied to a figure like this. With the current ones with similar abilities, they are flat tiles like shadow and not stackable. You're right about the adding height issue, which could be really unfair if you basically box a figure in.

So i removed that ability and added another one that doesnt have to do with movement so I can keep Sand Burrow contained. I liked what the Dzu-teh did with snow camo, so I adapted that for sand. I also updated Paralyzing strike to remove ONE order marker instead of all, which seemed a bit overpowered?

Last edited by Talyn; July 11th, 2018 at 05:28 PM.
Old June 30th, 2018, 12:11 AM

Was going through my old files and came across a couple cards i did. The fairy is from a Navia Drapt miniature, and the Terracotta Warriors are out of print Terror Cotta Zombies. Keep in mind these were made before there were any preformatted card builders.

If i could find similar Terracotta warriors, id like to update that card, its a cool squad type for Heroscape.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg terracotta copy.jpg (750.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg innaria copy.jpg (636.5 KB, 4 views)

Old July 4th, 2018, 07:52 AM

Whiskey McGreggor Woo who?

Darn, I actually liked the Terracotta Warriors. Hopefully someone can find a place stocked with a good amount of these figures, I just love to swarm the battlefield in an endless horde whether it be orcs and goblins, or just straight up 4th mass or Marro Stingers. Do update if you find a good source or place to buy some Terracotta Warriors.
Old July 4th, 2018, 07:57 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

You can find some great looking Chinese Soldiers on Casting Room Miniatures - they're metal and need painting, but that allows you to paint them up as Terracotta quite easily (I've considered doing so before). I already have a couple of sets of the unarmoured crossbowmen for a custom Common Squad of Chu-Ko-Nu I've made up (though they aren't in my custom thread yet ), so I can attest to their quality.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 5th, 2018, 03:17 AM

Thanks Lazy Orang, I'll look into it. It's just that I find painting to be a chore sometimes but hey, sometimes reward takes a little bit of effort.
Old July 5th, 2018, 05:23 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey McGreggor View Post
Thanks Lazy Orang, I'll look into it. It's just that I find painting to be a chore sometimes but hey, sometimes reward takes a little bit of effort.
Personally, I felt the same, but I worked at it and now I really, really enjoy it! For what it's worth, these guys would be single colour figures, so no need to worry about going over the lines or using multiple colours - I'd just do them as undercoat, basecoat, drybrush, wash done.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 5th, 2018, 07:13 AM

Smile Re: Talyn's Custom Units - Govuru Scorpion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey McGreggor View Post
Personally, I felt the same, but I worked at it and now I really, really enjoy it! For what it's worth, these guys would be single colour figures, so no need to worry about going over the lines or using multiple colours - I'd just do them as undercoat, basecoat, drybrush, wash done.
Thanks I'll give it a shot when I have some spare time, and after I order them of course. Dry brushing is usually pretty quick anyways so the painting process shouldn't be too tedious.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards