Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 12th, 2011, 08:38 PM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Zero-G - Design

All good points. You've sold me on the current direction.
Old July 12th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Woo hoo. Haven't lost my touch.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 13th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

GRAVITY EXPLOSION SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3.
Any figure adjacent to Zero-G is affected by the Gravity Explosion Special Attack. Roll 3 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense separately. After rolling defense dice, you may place each figure up to X spaces away from Zero-G. X equals the numbers of skulls rolled for this attack. Figures may not be placed on a space more than 6 levels above Zero-G's base. A figure moved by Gravity Explosion Special Attack will not take any leaving engagement attacks but will take any falling damage that may apply.

Does that sound better Good Pig?
Old July 13th, 2011, 06:59 PM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun

That was Spidey's comment about falling damage, but yeah looks good.
Old July 13th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

For some reason I thought it was you. Design updated and sent to ERB.
Old July 13th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Tickle Pickle

What a great ERB david. Thanks for pointing out that minor flaw in the SA. I'll see what the other Heroes think we should do to only make it less of a detriment to his healing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl
Zero-G

And now, we welcome the final member of the Power Pack! Thanks for putting me in the ERB on these.

Gravity Explosion Special Attack

Really cool! And the movement will take place, regardless of whether wounds are inflicted. And you include the magical word may in the movement, so Zero-G doesn't unintentionally knock away any of the other Pack Members and lose his shot at Kymellian Healing.

Second reading of the ability: The wording Any figure adjacent makes me think the attack will affect all figures adjacent. That could harm any adjacent team members, which would make it really risky to keep a Pack member nearby for healing, even though you aren't forced to move them. You could replace adjacent to with engaged with (or more proper equivalent if something else works better) if you wanted to confine the attack to opponents' figures.

Also, should the Explosion push away Large and Huge figures? You know the figure better than I. It's likely that it's a pretty strong force.

Pack Attack

Nice, as one element from your personal customs I missed was the bonding. The Pack would still benefit from being with Mister Fantastic, but this ability will allow the Power Pack to fit into more armies. I'd still toss them in with Mister Fantastic and Invisible Woman, though.

Without Mister Fantastic, this ability will put Zero-G in a commanding position, and will give the team order marker flexibility. I'm fuzzy on the specifics on the rest of the Pack due to my policy of deleting ERB designs, but I don't think the other members have any abilities that require revealing an Order Marker on their cards.

Just stay away from Joker!

Kymellian Healing

And here's the healing.

Final Thoughts

I am worried about the effect Gravity Explosion has on keeping his Pack friends close for Healing as it's currently worded. I love the bonding ability you've created, as it makes the full team seem more complete to me. It also allows them to break into more armies than just Mister Fantastic.

Power Pack Thoughts

Sadly, my policy of deleting designs makes it difficult for me to make an accurate analysis of the full set. That's typically fine, as I have another policy where I try to avoid referencing other unreleased designs to prevent potential spoilers if one figure should be published before another. However, I think you were hoping for a team analysis, so I'll do my best.

Here's what I can recall:

Mass Master: Has the ability to hide in a cloud until ready to strike. There was an aspect of the way the Cloud Marker worked that you indicated needed revision.

Lightspeed: Very fast with great transport ability.

Energizer: I recall she had a wicked area attack that would be great at striking clusters of figures.

Zero-G: Got his design right here! Great melee attack that can push figures around, plus has a nice command ability.

Based on this review, here goes: Since these are low-cost figures, they could be useful for plugging in various armies. The figure I would definitely draft above the others if I only had to select one would be Energizer. If the Pack was drafted together, there's plenty of room for other figures in the army based on the draft point range I typically use. Mass Master and Zero-G would be pretty good on their own as well, and Lightspeed is the most dependent on drafting with the rest of the Pack. I almost said that I wouldn't draft her without the rest of the Pack, but she would actually make a great glyph grabber! Hmmmm....

So with the Pack fully assembled, this group could serve as either a first strike assault, or a cleanup crew. If Zero-G can get into engagement with several opponents, he can use the explosion placement to group them into clusters for Energizer to zap in their next turn! Lightspeed and Mass Master are great scouting forces, with Lightspeed being great for grabbing any glyphs on the field.

I think all of these have Life 3, so they are vulnerable to getting taken out in one shot. The Kymellian Healing will help, especially since the healing occurs at the end of each turn rather than at the end of each round.

Wow, I'd really like to mull this ERB some more to check for errors on my part, but I need to wrap this up. I've got a lot on my plate tomorrow, so I'll have to go ahead and release this ERB.

Go, Power Pack!
Old July 13th, 2011, 10:10 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Well, since his normal attack is the same as his special, we could just leave it as is and force him to be more strategic about when he uses it. Or we could change it to figures he's engaged with.
Thematically speaking, how good is his control of these explosions? Good enough to target certain people over others in close quarters? If so, I'd say go with the change. If not, I'd say test him as is and see if the change is really needed or not.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 13th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Tickle Pickle

Yea I don't think he has enough control to select who he hits. This is last ditch effort if he gets swarmed, it's not going to be a main offense at all.
Old July 13th, 2011, 10:15 PM

Cool. Then I'd say to keep it as is, to keep the complexity and cost down and the tactical decision making up.

Old July 14th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Tickle Pickle

We have already established the wording and I think it follows our precedents here. I will post it for the rest of the Heroes. Thanks for your feedback.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins
I made a few wording suggestions below in the Gravity Explosion power. Also, a suggestion (keep in mind I am ignorant of this character): perhaps only figures that are wounded by Gravity Explosion Special Attack should be able to be moved by it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn
Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

NAME: ZERO-G

GRAVITY EXPLOSION SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3.
Any figure adjacent to Zero-G is affected by the Gravity Explosion Special Attack. Roll 3 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense separately. After rolling defense dice, you may place each figure up to X spaces away from Zero-G, where X equals the numbers of skulls rolled for this attack. Figures may not be placed on a space more than 6 levels above Zero-G's base. Figures moved by Gravity Explosion Special Attack will not take any leaving engagement attacks but will take any falling damage that may apply.
Old July 15th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Tickle Pickle

Quote:
Hi Tickle!
I´m happy to see you getting these guys done! They may be small, and nichey, but they´re cute, and among the first Clix figs I bought...
Power level and stats seem fine .

In the GRAVITY EXPLOSION SA, why does it say "any" figure, not "all" figures? Don´t you usually use "all" in these cases, or is there a particular reason for the change?

In PACK ATTACK, I´m not sure if you get to take a turn with any ONE Small Enthusiastic Hero you control, or any and ALL? (maybe it´s just because of english being a second language for me, but it seems unclear...)

I assume all 4 Power Pack´ers will be in the same point range, and I think it´ll be fun to have a whole superteam in the 2-300 point range.

Cheers
Jesper
I'm hoping to get the 4 of them in at 250 points so adding Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman will make a 700 point army. (A nice little family army) I think the wording on the SA should really read all so nice catch. I think the clarity on Pack Attack could be increased, thanks for pointing that out.

Thanks for your feedback,
Travis
Old July 19th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Tickle Pickle

C3G INITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Zero-G

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
Pass

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
Pass

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Pass

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Pass, probably only with other Power Pack member but right now they only cost a total of 250 points.

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass

All Tests Run On: X Marks the Spot w/ Manhole Covers added.

Heavy Hitter or Mid-Level Hero Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Pass
- What should be the unit's point value? 70-80 points
- Give a brief summary. He doesn't have anyone to help him heal or bond with and his Special Attack is not very game changing.
Spoiler Alert!

Squad Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Pass
- What should be the unit's point value? 70-80
- Give a brief summary. Zero-G was not able to hold his own very well when the HYDRA Agents spread out for the kill.
Units: Zero-G VS HYDRA Agents x1 (80)
Hydra Agents w/ 2 remaining.

Squad Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Pass
- What should be the unit's point value? 80
- Give a brief summary. When the squad is melee and is forced to come to him, it is a completely different story than before. Zero-G's SA took out the first and knocked the second one back only for him to kill it next turn.
Units: Zero-G VS Parademons x1 (80)
Zero-G w/ 2 wounds.

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Pass
- Give a brief summary. Zero-G made a fairly good leader here working alongside Captain America.
Units: C3G Captain America, Bucky, Zero-G, Lightspeed, Energizer, Mass Master and Spider-Man (800) VS Kingpin, Hired Guns, Doc Ock, Electro, and Chameleon (800)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Pass
- Give a brief summary. The Power Pack played as a cohesive group here and it is clear that these two armies (or similar) will be their best fit, but they do make decent filler options.
Units: Mister Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Zero-G, Mass Master, Lightspeed and Energizer (700) VS Super Skrull, Skrull Warriors x3 and Skrull Infiltrators x3 (700)
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by tcglkn; July 20th, 2011 at 03:44 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library