Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old December 6th, 2016, 09:04 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation
Re: X-Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I love the Slave 1, it has plenty of options for armaments and pilots especially when you get the scum most wanted pack. I do want to pick up a millennium falcon, but have not had a chance to even play a game with the last fleet of ships I picked up. Some 11 new ships. Kind of makes me a little sad thinking about it.
(~~~lol~~~)

Yeah, I know that feeling. I love this game, but the group I was playing with went super-competitive and I could not keep up with the evolving 'meta,' as they call it. With over 100 ships in my collection, I wanted to avoid the Scum Faction completely for lack of storage space and finances. However, even though I stopped playing five months ago I eventually bought two of each small Scum ship just for the special new upgrade cards. Aaarrgh! This has become another bottomless money pit and my OCD won't let me drop it with another new Wave expected soon. It's like showing up at an HS tournament with a fun assemblage of random characters and discovering everyone else has only A+ units.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old December 6th, 2016, 09:59 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I love the Slave 1, it has plenty of options for armaments and pilots especially when you get the scum most wanted pack. I do want to pick up a millennium falcon, but have not had a chance to even play a game with the last fleet of ships I picked up. Some 11 new ships. Kind of makes me a little sad thinking about it.
(~~~lol~~~)

Yeah, I know that feeling. I love this game, but the group I was playing with went super-competitive and I could not keep up with the evolving 'meta,' as they call it. With over 100 ships in my collection, I wanted to avoid the Scum Faction completely for lack of storage space and finances. However, even though I stopped playing five months ago I eventually bought two of each small Scum ship just for the special new upgrade cards. Aaarrgh! This has become another bottomless money pit and my OCD won't let me drop it with another new Wave expected soon. It's like showing up at an HS tournament with a fun assemblage of random characters and discovering everyone else has only A+ units.
Agreed. I feel like this with most of all my board games but cant stop buying them.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old December 8th, 2016, 10:56 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Recent FAQs and recent releases have really opened up the metagame. I've been having way more fun with weekly casual nights, though.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 10th, 2016, 03:08 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Recent FAQs and recent releases have really opened up the metagame. I've been having way more fun with weekly casual nights, though.
Like which ones?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 11th, 2016, 12:20 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Like which ones?
Wednesday and Sunday in southeast new Jersey

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old December 13th, 2016, 10:46 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Like which ones?
Wednesday and Sunday in southeast new Jersey
Thursday nights here in Louisville.

As for the metagame, the main change was making Deadeye Small Ship Only, so triple JumpMasters are no longer a thing*. This allows may builds back into the meta, especially Rebel ones, including regen.

*Some people have flown a nerfed version with some success, but it's not nearly as potent nor as successful.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 3rd, 2017, 01:11 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

How many of you guys are making your own 3D asteroids for this game? I'm going to do up a couple batches of these asteroids out of some extra lava rock I've got out by my back patio that my wife wants gone. I'll be doing a couple different colors and types, and was also considering some turrets that could sit up on top of some of them. Just wondering what you guys play with. I'm sure there's a ton more on BGG, but at I'm home when I'm at Heroscapers.

Old April 4th, 2017, 08:48 AM

I pulled a few lava rocks from my hard and mounted them on pegs. They work perfectly, now all I have to do is get bases cut into asteroid shapes.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 4th, 2017, 11:13 AM
"like" happy

@NecroBlade . I will be cutting shapes for my asteroids out of the composite cardboard with my scroll saw. Its the same stuff I get from work for free that I use on a ton of my projects. What do you think about spraypainting them with darker colors and drybrushing them to get some two tone? Im excited to try it out. How did you mount the rocks?

Old April 4th, 2017, 05:08 PM

I think the spray paint/dry brush idea is good. Mine are black rocks, but they have natural texture and dirt that gives them good definition. I chose rocks with roughly peg-sized holes and literally mounted them on spare X-Wing pegs held in place with Gorilla Glue (still standing on spare X-Wing bases until I get around to having rock-shaped ones made).

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 4th, 2017, 06:14 PM
"like" happy

Cool, I'll post pics of mine as soon as I start doing them. I'm in the process of painting my entire Rum and Bones minis collection and I just finished a couple more of those Tree Dice Towers today as well. I think I'm going to have to start whipping out the asteroids next.

Old April 5th, 2017, 08:08 AM

zeekthefreak knows what's in an order marker zeekthefreak knows what's in an order marker

Ha. X-Wing... use to have alot(I think).
Imperials:
2× tie fighters
2× tie/fo fighters
1× tie interceptor
1× imperial aces
1×tie defender
1× tie advanced
1× firespray

Rebels:
1× T69 X-wing
1× T70 X-wing
1× B- wing
1× Y- wing
1× rebel aces
1× HWK-290
1× YT 1300

Scum
1× starviper
1× imterceptor
1× kihrax fighter
1× hounds tooth
Now all i have is two cores set the three big ships and a couple rebel ships. I sold it for you know what?!?!?!
Heroscape XD

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures