Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old May 21st, 2010, 09:07 PM

EXODUSMAN has disabled reputation
Why not heroscape the video game?????

I was thinking the other day that someone should make heroscape the video game on all platforms. I mean how cool would that be having access to all characters including D&D and Marvel and having online dowloads of every new figure that comes out. Being able to create your own maps while having some that are already made and ready to go. Not having to deal with counting spaces looking up rules, and looking up stats, but having it all right there on the screen. Having such modes as story mode and of course online mode would be amazing. I would definitely buy it what do you guys think????
Old May 21st, 2010, 09:10 PM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Why not heroscape the video game?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXODUSMAN View Post
I was thinking the other day that someone should make heroscape the video game on all platforms. I mean how cool would that be having access to all characters including D&D and Marvel and having online dowloads of every new figure that comes out. Being able to create your own maps while having some that are already made and ready to go. Not having to deal with counting spaces looking up rules, and looking up stats, but having it all right there on the screen. Having such modes as story mode and of course online mode would be amazing. I would definitely buy it what do you guys think????
I would.

Can you defeat a mind such as mine?
Riddler
Old May 21st, 2010, 09:21 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

While it would certainly be cool to be able to play online - over XBox Live, for example - I can assure you that this isn't an option that Wizards would implement (at least not fairly)!

From a production standpoint, after overhead costs, sure this would be almost 100% profit, but it seems that a company which can sell a single physical booster for $12.99 would be foolish to release software that allows a player to have everything in one neat, little bundle. Think about it; if you were to purchase just one full set of each wave released to date (I'm talking off the shelf at Wal-Mart, here, not some ridiculous Ebay auction), it'd run you $571 and change, not to mention what folks invest in terrain.

I'd love the online option so that I wouldn't be stuck solo-'scaping when I get the itch to play and others aren't around; I just don't see WotC doing something that would so drastically cut into their profits.
Old May 21st, 2010, 09:22 PM

PHippo knows what's in an order marker PHippo knows what's in an order marker PHippo knows what's in an order marker

^zing! (on Onacara's post)

They had something sort of like this on the old official site where you could play a very limited game with a few of the RotV figures. It would be cool if they expanded on this and made a 3-D game where the figures actually walked or ran to the selected space and had attack animations and special ability animations and everything, although it certainly wouldn't capture the same traditional flavor as the board game. Definitely something I'd be interested in though.

Sign the Declaration and bring back classic scape!
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=30056
Remember: Together we can make a difference
Old May 21st, 2010, 09:35 PM

I am new to this site and I have never talked about this subject and maybe this is the first time for others as well. There is only so much to talk about until it is repeated again no need to be so smug.
Old May 21st, 2010, 10:06 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:

I am new to this site and I have never talked about this subject and maybe this is the first time for others as well. There is only so much to talk about until it is repeated again no need to be so smug.
You can talk about it..but you don't need to start another thread on the same subject when there are already 8.

Oh and is "counting spaces" that difficult? (If I am going to be called smug I might as well be smug right?)
Old May 21st, 2010, 10:13 PM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:

You can talk about it..but you don't need to start another thread on the same subject when there are already 8.

Oh and is "counting spaces" that difficult? (If I am going to be called smug I might as well be smug right?)
Well.... occasionally I forget what comes after 3.

And 8 threads! Dang that's a lot!

Without dark, there is no light.
Without bad HScape figs, there are no good ones.
Dund is important, therefore
Old May 21st, 2010, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Quote:

ok sorry your very cool
Old May 21st, 2010, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ok sorry your very cool

The imaginary ladies in your life must love you (NOW THATS SMUG)
Old May 21st, 2010, 10:27 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Meh..no need for personal attacks.

Just search before starting a new thread is all he is trying to say. (in his smug, condescending, onacara way)

Honestly, a computer game of heroscape wouldn't work for me. If I wanted to play a turn based strategy video game there are plenty to choose from.

Heroscape is great because it isn't a video game.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old May 21st, 2010, 10:31 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Meh..no need for personal attacks.

Just search before starting a new thread is all he is trying to say. (in his smug, condescending onacara way)

Honestly, a computer game of heroscape wouldn't work for me. If I wanted to play a turn based strategy video game there are plenty to choose from.

Heroscape is great because it isn't a video game.
Fire Emblem, if you want a HeroScape like video game. Amazing series.

But board games > video games, so HeroScape is still better.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion