Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old February 21st, 2015, 02:54 AM

Not User Name knows what's in an order marker Not User Name knows what's in an order marker
Should the Community release more "official" repaints?

I apologize in advance if this has been posted before.

Anyway, I think the community should come together to make a couple more official repaints. In my under experienced opinion, a single Blastatron or WoA would be perfect. They both sell for less than ten bucks, and they would both have good potential hero sculpts. Even better than those two would probably be repainted squad figures from ROTV. A repainted samurai, tarn, or the Omnicron Zettian are just the few off the top of my head.

I know this might spike their prices or ruin the limited amount of scape, but I just want to know what you guys think about this topic.

Rereading my post, I should say C3V accepted, not "Hasbro Official". Don't get me wrong, I love what the C3V brings to us. I'm just thinking out loud on the idea of more available repaints.
Old February 21st, 2015, 04:49 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Should the Community release more "official" repaints?

I wonder if the SoV would consider accepting a Custom made from a repainted RotV set... it's not like Hasbro hasn't released Official units that are just repaints. There's at least 5 I can think of off the top of my head, although we do have Samuel Brown (he's... sort of official?).

Well, I wouldn't know for sure. I definitely use my RotV repaints, but I dunno if the higher-ups 'round here would agree. Mention a mention, anyone?

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old February 21st, 2015, 08:06 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Using official figures would probably work, though you'd have to be careful about the ones you pick, IMO - RotV figures would probably work (hmm... wondering if Grungebob's old Agent Bale would make a good SoV nomination. ) Another possibility is using a repaint of a custom figure they've used which is decently available (i.e. a repainted Hoplitron, Zettian Infantryman, Shieldsmith or M43 Resistance Fighter - though I'm not sure on the availability of all of those). Also, should this be in Custom Units and Army Cards, or maybe the C3V section?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 21st, 2015, 11:20 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

The idea is sound, but their are a lot of Heroscapers that do not like to paint figures, and will not paint figures, that is why they don't use some of the reaper figures that need painting for their customs. The availability factor on the master set figures is easy to get a hold on, as I have made a handful of customs out of master set figures, and like the idea. I , however like to paint. Overall it is a good idea, but I think it will not probably go through because of the amount of people that don't paint.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 21st, 2015, 05:33 PM

Not User Name knows what's in an order marker Not User Name knows what's in an order marker

@Lazy Orang I wasn't sure which one would be more appropriate. In the end you are probably right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
The idea is sound, but their are a lot of Heroscapers that do not like to paint figures, and will not paint figures, that is why they don't use some of the reaper figures that need painting for their customs. The availability factor on the master set figures is easy to get a hold on, as I have made a handful of customs out of master set figures, and like the idea. I , however like to paint. Overall it is a good idea, but I think it will not probably go through because of the amount of people that don't paint.
The thing is how many people buy the real official repaints? Mast Woo and Agent Skahen are like 80+ bucks. Also, the only way to get Sam Brown is to paint him.
Old February 21st, 2015, 07:06 PM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Isn't Tyrian an SoV unit? He's a repaint of a Protector (or Atlaga) so I don't think that the SoV is opposed to repaints.

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...
Old February 21st, 2015, 07:34 PM

Tyrian is awesome, but who is gunna spend 30 bucks on Protectors to paint one of them? I know people use him online. It'd just be nice to have some cheap figure repaints. Every squad from ROTV is well under 5 dollars.
Old February 21st, 2015, 07:52 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crixus33 View Post
Isn't Tyrian an SoV unit? He's a repaint of a Protector (or Atlaga) so I don't think that the SoV is opposed to repaints.
Yes, Tyrian is in the SoV, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not User Name
Tyrian is awesome, but who is gunna spend 30 bucks on Protectors to paint one of them?
Tyrian is also a character mentioned in Thormun's Journals (which I think you can kinda think of as a lot of Heroscape's back story and story line), so he was considered cannon, and thusly passed even with issues in availability. So I'm told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not User Name
Every squad from ROTV is well under 5 dollars.
This is true. I think a very high quality custom that used a RotV repaint could find its home in the SoV, and I would welcome it there. However, I think repaints in VC should be mixed in there with extreme moderation, like little birds building nests in your home. 1 is sweet, fun, and interesting. A lot is a nuisance.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs

Last edited by Maklar the Silver Prince; February 21st, 2015 at 07:53 PM. Reason: I mean no disrespect to people who like having birds in their home.
Old March 3rd, 2015, 11:42 PM

I guess using Atlaga wouldn't be the worst thing you could do.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions