Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's
Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's A place to discuss specific questions regarding Marvel rules and cards.

Old August 11th, 2007, 11:18 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Just because a character is evil, there's no obligation to represent that in the class box. Abomination is a Creature, Red Skull a Mastermind, Doom a Ruler, and Thanos a Conqueror. Except maybe for Conqueror, there are good superheroes who could use all of those descriptions accurately. none of them are really perjorative.

In Classic, Hawthorne's class is still Champion, and Isamu's class is still Ninja, despite the fact that they side with Utgar. The Vampires are a Lord, Lady, Devourer, and Duchess, and only a few of the worst creatures, like zombies and shades, are Devourers. Really, Devourer is about the only truly bad thing I can find for a class. The idea that an evil character needs an evil class seems way off base to me.
Old August 13th, 2007, 10:58 AM

Argent has disabled reputation
Quote:
Also I wish that they had a power that dealt with the symbiote
They could have done alot of things, with alot of the heros they picked. But I think they had to draw the line somewhere, or they wouldn't have room left on the cards, and the points would be thru the roof.

That being said.... It would have been cool if Venom had something similar to the Viking Champions, where the symbiote went to another hero. I might have to do that as a scenario....
Old August 13th, 2007, 01:16 PM
Right..No Left!.. No I mean Right!

Lotus is surprisingly tart
Argent, check out my Symbiote Spiderman, it does just that, also around page 6 or so, there was a very nice discussion about a Symbiote Glyph.
Old August 13th, 2007, 02:32 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Honestly though, the Symbiote attaching itself to a new host when Venom is defeated isn't really that common of an occurrence. it's happened a few times, but for the most part, when Venom goes down the Symbiote stays with Brock. Usually when it finds a new host its because it was forcibly removed from Brock and needs someone to help it find it's other half again.
Old August 13th, 2007, 02:41 PM

I think the Glyph and Scenario idea would be best for having the Symbiote move around a lot, you would not want to have Venom in such a game though, it wouldn't make much sense. But could be fun to have the Symbiote hop from character to character.

For Venom as a character I think the bond is too strong to have the Symbiote move much, unlike Spiderman who was too different from the Symbiote.
Old August 13th, 2007, 02:53 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus
I think the Glyph and Scenario idea would be best for having the Symbiote move around a lot, you would not want to have Venom in such a game though, it wouldn't make much sense. But could be fun to have the Symbiote hop from character to character.

For Venom as a character I think the bond is too strong to have the Symbiote move much, unlike Spiderman who was too different from the Symbiote.
Spiderman's bond wasn't as strong not because they were too different really, he just didn't spend enough time with it. Besides, the Symbiote didn't leave Peter because they were defeated, Peter forcibly rejected it. Had he just been knocked out the Symbiote would have stayed put, probably even acted to protect him. I don't think there have been many situations where the Symbiotes have abandoned ship in general. They're really pretty loyal things overall.
Old August 13th, 2007, 03:00 PM

Hmm, that is true, but would be hard to play, it is much easier to play that it abandons when they are defeated.
Old August 13th, 2007, 05:02 PM

Argent has disabled reputation
I'd proably do something like the Hulk scenario in the rulebook but have it be venom, and unless he's "killed" by someone with a certain glyph, then the symbiote attaches intself to someone else (enemy unit) instead of dying. needs tweaking, but sounds cool in the initial thought.
Old August 24th, 2007, 01:53 AM

AKflip has disabled reputation
They could have done alot of things, with alot of the heros they picked. But I think they had to draw the line somewhere, or they wouldn't have room left on the cards, and the points would be thru the roof.

That being said.... It would have been cool if Venom had something similar to the Viking Champions, where the symbiote went to another hero. I might have to do that as a scenario.... [/quote]

Oh don't get me wrong I understand that they don't want to overdue anything. But I just wished that they made Venom a little different than Spidey. Even if they just changed special web attack to read symbiote tendril special attack. I would have been happy. And I apologize for being so critical. I'm just a huge comic fan.
Old February 17th, 2008, 05:49 PM

thestaton has disabled reputation
If a squad such as the 4th Mass where to attack Venom / Spiderman, would you get to roll to leave the engagement for each figure that fires at you that got at least one skull?

The Beginning is the End is the Beginning.
Old February 17th, 2008, 06:22 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestaton
If a squad such as the 4th Mass where to attack Venom / Spiderman, would you get to roll to leave the engagement for each figure that fires at you that got at least one skull?
Venom/Spider-man does not need to be engaged to use Spider/Spidey Sense. Yes, they get to roll each time they are attacked and a skull is rolled. That goes for attacks from multiple squad figures or single figures that can attack multiple times.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old March 31st, 2008, 03:48 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosChild
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestaton
Venom/Spider-man does not need to be engaged to use Spider/Spidey Sense. Yes, they get to roll each time they are attacked and a skull is rolled. That goes for attacks from multiple squad figures or single figures that can attack multiple times.
"He who is Huge" is correct - Spiderman / Venom get to roll for Spider Sense everytime they're attacked and a skull is rolled. However, if either one of them is engaged when they begin to move away after successfully rolling for Spider Sense, their opponent will not get any leaving engagement rolls, because they may move using their Swing Line special power which ignores leaving engagement attacks.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's