Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old June 24th, 2009, 01:11 PM

RepMoocher Woo who?
Spiders and Jungle

Here's the Question:

A Spider standing on a height of one hex is next to a Jungle Bush that is sitting on a height of two hexes, so does the spider get the extra defense or not?

I'm thinking yes, since the Spider's height is one higher than the hex under the Bush, but it also looks like theirs two hexes under the Bush(Because the bush has its own hex under it already), meaning the Spider wouldn't be adjacent to the Bush.

Looking to trade away my Sir Denrick
Old June 24th, 2009, 01:15 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Re: Spiders and Jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RepMoocher View Post
Here's the Question:

A Spider standing on a height of one hex is next to a Jungle Bush that is sitting on a height of two hexes, so does the spider get the extra defense or not?

I'm thinking yes, since the Spider's height is one higher than the hex under the Bush, but it also looks like theirs two hexes under the Bush(Because the bush has its own hex under it already), meaning the Spider wouldn't be adjacent to the Bush.
That's a good question, but I'd say the Spider is not adjacent and does not get the bonus. You have to be adjacent to the base of the Jungle Tree, which is on top of the hex that it sits on. I could be wrong.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old June 24th, 2009, 01:20 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I'm having a hard time visualizing what you're asking. Do you have a picture you can share?

-insert signature here-
Old June 24th, 2009, 01:42 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

The Ticalla Jungle rule book says the figure has to be adjacent to the Jungle piece to receive the bonus. Adjacency is dependent on the height of the figure and the height of the Jungle Piece. The height of the jungle pieces are listed in the rule book with examples. The height of the figure is listed on the corresponding card.

If the spider is on level 1 and the Jungle piece is on level 4, the spider is not adjacent because the height of a spider is only 2.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old June 24th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
I'm having a hard time visualizing what you're asking. Do you have a picture you can share?
I think this is what he is describing, and no, the spider is not adjacent to the bush so he gets no bonus.

Old June 24th, 2009, 02:17 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Cav to the rescue as usual.

-insert signature here-
Old June 24th, 2009, 02:20 PM

padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby!

I believe what he's asking is if a spider on level 1 is considered adjacent to a jungle piece on level 2.

More generally, he's asking if, in order to get the bonus, a figure needs to be adjacent to the jungle hex, or to the physical brush/tree which sits on top of the hex (i.e. the jungle hex +1).

I'm not sure, but I believe that as long as your adjacent to the jungle hex you get the bonus, so in this case, the spider would get the bonus.
Old June 24th, 2009, 02:23 PM

Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlock View Post
I believe what he's asking is if a spider on level 1 is considered adjacent to a jungle piece on level 2.

More generally, he's asking if, in order to get the bonus, a figure needs to be adjacent to the jungle hex, or to the physical brush/tree which sits on top of the hex (i.e. the jungle hex +1).

I'm not sure, but I believe that as long as your adjacent to the jungle hex you get the bonus, so in this case, the spider would get the bonus.
The spider is not adjacent to the jungle brush, because of his height.

And looks like Cav already got the answer for this one.

I'm selling a bunch of Heroscape stuff to pay for personal emergencies, please see my trade thread post: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...postcount=6803
Old June 24th, 2009, 02:24 PM

padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melwing17 View Post
Quote:

But it is adjacent to the jungle hex. That's the question. Do you need to be adjacent to hex or physical brush.

edit:
By the way, the rulebook says that you receive the bonus if adjacent to the jungle 'piece'. Personally, I would interpret jungle piece as meaning jungle hex, so I still believe that in the case where a spider is one hex lower then a jungle hex, it does get the bonus.
Old June 24th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melwing17 View Post
Quote:

But it is adjacent to the jungle hex. That's the question. Do you need to be adjacent to hex or physical brush.
As R˙chean already pointed out, you need to be adjacent to the base of the jungle piece. The spider in this scenario, due to its height, is not adjacent to the base of the Jungle piece.
Old June 24th, 2009, 02:28 PM

Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker

Bah. Meant to put base instead of brush. Same result, anyway.

I'm selling a bunch of Heroscape stuff to pay for personal emergencies, please see my trade thread post: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...postcount=6803
Old June 24th, 2009, 02:32 PM

R˙chean answered the question assuming that the spider was on level 1, and the jungle base on level 4. In that case, I absolutely agree that the bonus is not received.

The initial question however, seems to be asking about the case when the spider is on level 1 and the jungle base on level 2. In that case, I believe that the bonus is granted.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's