Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 5th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth
Re: The C3G Book of Frost Giant

It couldn't hurt, but they still wouldn't be able to throw it at a figure up on a single pedestal height of more than 7.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old September 5th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Hmm...I guess the other testing on this guy can bear out any changes to the cost this change can make.

The thing is that if they throw the Ice Rock, it's only an attack of 1 and has defense of 7, so it's not likely to wound opponent's often nor destroy itself to allow the FG to get another one on his card. So it might not really affect his cost.

It can help him heal though. He can move out of range of a ranged unit on height (maybe) and keep making Ice Rocks to heal a wound and then make another etc. Then when the ranged flyer has to come after them,they would be at a better health.

Both benefits could be subjective to map and circumstances. So while it can have benefits, I don't know if it will add too much to his cost if at all. A FG without a Ice Rock on his card (because it's thrown) can't use FT14, so that's the risk they would have to take.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 5th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I guess my one issue with that is that the really sharp theme breaks down a bit ... it's freezing touch - they find an object and freeze it in a block of ice. They don't just produce rocks of solid ice with nothing in them.
Nitpicky, I know, but it'd bother me. However, if the group as a whole digs this direction, I'm cool with it.
24 hours is on the clock before I can propose, as of 36 minutes ago!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 5th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Hmm.... I can see Bats' concerns as this being a theme issue with what Freezing Touch is meant to represent.

As I mentioned previously, I don't know that this would really help them that much as it would only be an attack of 1 and the defending figure would have +1 defense for having height advantage. Not only that, but then the FG loses it's one Ice Rock and can't freeze any figures that it can reach.

As it is, it can throw a frozen figure in the Ice Rock.

Old September 5th, 2011, 11:31 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, I think I'd prefer to keep it as is ... I also feel like there's enough going on with the design without that, given its pretty small impact strategically. Do we need a poll here or are we ready to just move forward with what we have?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 5th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I like it as it is.
Old September 5th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I guess my one issue with that is that the really sharp theme breaks down a bit ... it's freezing touch - they find an object and freeze it in a block of ice. They don't just produce rocks of solid ice with nothing in them.
Nitpicky, I know, but it'd bother me. However, if the group as a whole digs this direction, I'm cool with it.
Actually, in the movie, they did. They created large blocks of ice out of nothing and used them as weapons, shields, and projectiles.
Old September 5th, 2011, 12:19 PM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Actually, in the movie, they did. They created large blocks of ice out of nothing and used them as weapons, shields, and projectiles.
Using the movie as a reference over the comics! Blasphemous!
Old September 5th, 2011, 01:08 PM

I guess I just feel like we'd have to alter the power name slightly to go for that theme - something like "ICE CREATION" rather than "FREEZING TOUCH." Any way, poll I guess!
Do you favor adding in an ability for the Frost Giant to place the Ice Rock adjacent to him instead of freezing an adjacent figure with it as seen in this wording suggested by Griff?

Yes
Griffin

No
Bats
Tickle
Hahma
Good Pig
A3n
SirGalahad

Last edited by IAmBatman; September 6th, 2011 at 12:04 AM.
Old September 5th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Prickly Cactus

Well Griff knew my agreeing with him all the time lately would have it's hurdles.

I would prefer to keep the power as it is. Being that the Ice Rock would only have an attack of 1, I don't think it would be that helpful. They can currently throw an Ice Rock or other DO's that are on the map, or and Ice Rock that they put there after freezing an opponent's figure. If they are to be used on an urban map, perhaps the map should include several throwable DO's for the Giants to use.

I don't have a problem with these guys having limitations on certain maps that have lots of height. If they are drafted for such maps they should be drafted with flyer/leaper types and have some ranged support. A high priced ground pounder like Wolvie and Juggernaut will have their movement hampered a great deal on a map with heavy snow/slippery ice, especially if there are elevation changes on it. So they wouldn't be the best choices on those maps either.

Maybe perhaps there can be a power for King Laufey where he can shoot ice spikes or something to help his Frost Giant minions in this regard.

Old September 5th, 2011, 01:39 PM

King Laufey would be cool for sure - he's the unique hero that would be worth using the expensive Clix Frost Giant, IMO.

Old September 5th, 2011, 01:42 PM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun

My vote is for current wording. 1 attack die doesn't interest me all that much.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library