Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Closed Thread

Old April 1st, 2013, 10:03 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The time has come to ban IAmBatman?

And, it is done.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old April 1st, 2013, 10:54 AM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Looks like the early reviews of the prank are negative.

And here I thought the absurdity of the premise would make it funny. Well, sorry everyone...Maybe we did our job of "selling it" too well ahead of time.

I had always figured there would be some people who instantly got the gag and add fun comments to the mix. I'm trying to think of a post to lighten the mood. Maybe I'll need to bring in a confederate. Hmm...

Another option would be to soft-delete the downer posts and PM the authors assuring them that, 1) we deleted the post 2) yes, indeed, it is a joke but keep that a secret, 3) sorry you didn't find it funny, but all of us, including Bats thought it would be, and 4) go ahead and repost if you can think of a fun way to spin the situation. Of course, maybe I'm just overreacting to the initial negativity.

EDIT: looks like I *was* overreacting. Public opinion seems to be turning around.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK

Last edited by Xorlof; April 1st, 2013 at 11:17 AM.
Old April 1st, 2013, 12:04 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

What say we ban the BatmanIAm account, but only for a few minutes, then reinstate it, then rinse & repeat?

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
Old April 1st, 2013, 12:35 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm glad Bats went ahead and made that account.

Sure. Go ahead (be sure to email him the ploy you're doing). If we're lucky, someone will notice the cycling and post about it.

Also, just emailed this to Bats:

Quote:
Do you want me to elevate your permissions a on the rebel account bit--get you access to the sanctums and such? I don't know if you would want to do posting elsewhere with that account or not, but at the very least it would mean you wouldn't need to use the [REDACTED] account to browse around and perhaps other people will notice you browsing the private forums.

Heck, in a couple of hours, we could even make the account an admin account. You fightin' back control. Heck, you could even ban me at that point.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK

Last edited by Xorlof; April 2nd, 2013 at 12:29 PM. Reason: redacted for public posting
Old April 1st, 2013, 12:59 PM
has been BANNED

BatmanIAm costs too much!

Mwahahaha - all your administration are belong to me!!
Old April 1st, 2013, 01:11 PM
Monokidnatic

So, I have a haircut appoointment in just under an hour... If you'd like to "crush Jim" by banning me for a couple hours, feel free... I just need to remember [REDACTED]

Scaper of the Week #17

Last edited by Xorlof; April 2nd, 2013 at 12:30 PM. Reason: redacted for public posting
Old April 1st, 2013, 01:17 PM
Super Smurfy

Will do. The "intruder" also just changed my avatar:

Old April 1st, 2013, 01:21 PM
Monokidnatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
Will do. The "intruder" also just changed my avatar:

Holy giant ugly avatar, Batman!

Scaper of the Week #17
Old April 1st, 2013, 01:35 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

You do realize you've already been busted as an April Fool's prank right?

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old April 1st, 2013, 01:41 PM
Super Smurfy

Oh we know. The first replies outed it, but if you read on you'll see there are others who apparently skipped over them. We could delete them if we wanted to, but right now we are on a "just have fun with it" kick.

Heck, I've gotten PMs of support in the "war" against bats from people obviously in the know about the joke, so it appears others are enjoying the show.

Old April 1st, 2013, 02:01 PM
has been BANNED

BatmanIAm costs too much!

Yeah, Act I didn't go over that well, but I think folks are enjoying Act II. We'll all the toys back where they belong tomorrow, we promise!
Old April 1st, 2013, 04:13 PM
Super Smurfy

Just made it so that all mentions of IAmBatman will be automatically be replaced with IAmBatmanFOREVER, everywhere on the site, including old posts.

Not sure if it properly expresses the defiance, but oh well.

(This doesn't change what's written to the database, so it is easy to back out. It works the same way that Rychean is automatically replaced with R˙chean).

Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General